College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

6 minutes ago, Duck_Duck said:

What color is this?  Black?

Because I pulled straight from your gradient and it sure doesn't look black to me.

IMG_3366.PNG

As I said in my post, which you must not have read or taken the time to comprehend, 

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

2595CEBE-3A6D-4123-9297-94DAC8F3DE7B.thumb.png.bfe22ec0e9b6922e22e3b6c4bd08bf16.pngThis gradient has a similar effect as the wing pattern on the jerseys, where you can see a greenish looking shade in the middle, even though the only two colors actually represented in the gradient are yellow and black. It’s the same thing on the jerseys since the wing pattern is black, and the fabric it’s sublimated onto is yellow, so the only two colors actually represented are yellow and black, not green.

The gradient consists of yellow and black, ONLY yellow and black. What’s in between is called a shade, or shades, which are created by mixing a color with black. That’s simple color theory, and apparently it’s something you don’t understand, because it’s what explains why the wing pattern on the jerseys can appear green in certain conditions even though it’s actually just black sublimated onto yellow. While mixing black with yellow can create greenish-looking hues, it’s still just yellow and black that are actually represented. To truly create green, a secondary color, one would need to mix blue and yellow, the two primary colors that green is between on the color wheel:

44C7E94B-6FCA-496F-90D4-5DCFA0306DE9.jpeg.f64108c182f50ed5f21a8da8eb23c786.jpeg

This particular color wheel also illustrates what happens when you alter the ratios of two given primary colors when mixing them, as well as what happens when you add black or white to a given color. As you can hopefully see, when you add black to yellow, it gets darker and creates greenish, almost brownish looking shades, but it’s stil just yellow and black that are truly represented. Now with this, I bid you adieu. If you want to continue ignoring the facts, then be my guest, but at some point reality will hopefully kick in for you. We’re both Duck fans, so this is really a stupid argument anyways, but I hope you can accept the facts I’ve presented to you, and take them for what they are.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Louisville-NC State game is a disaster uniformwise. 

Chrome and metallic will never look good on a uniform. I'll give Oregon a pass for the first time they broke out the chrome helmets during the Rose Bowl. Every other time has been a desperate attempt at cheap imitation. 

NC State, look in the mirror: you look like a joke. Louisville, yours are no good too but I guess we're used to em.

Give me Alabama vs Auburn a thousand times over this garbage.

90758391980.gif

51 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

We’re both Duck fans, so this is really a stupid argument anyways

Well you're right about one thing ;)

I understand color

theory.  I'm not ignoring you or doubting your intel.  I'm just saying that whatever process went into making those jerseys, they've created a jersey that is visually yellow with black numbers and green wings.

And color theory aside, that's what matters.  Can't wait to see what they look like on Saturday.  Yellow Out is always one of my favorite games as well.  Go Ducks.

Oregon State going white/white/orange on Saturday at USC:

4FF4E0FA-ADEC-417E-A84E-1DA9BB02D48A.thumb.jpeg.d5c4dca98afe0c48033c8cd9fc0b5712.jpeg

I’m a big fan of this look for them, and it should contrast nicely with the cardinal and gold of the Trojans. The game should have a nice autumnal look and feel to it with red, yellow, and orange all represented in the teams’ respective uniforms. I’ll even venture out and say that this could easily be a contender for one of my matchups of the week.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Cal is going navy/white/navy tomorrow at UW:

Since the Huskies are expected to wear purple jerseys and pants, I really wish Cal would’ve gone with either the white or gold pants to better contrast all that purple.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Mizzou going with their new white jerseys and pants, as well as a stripeless helmet with the primary logo on both sides:

I was really bummed that "brand new" helmets just meant no stripes. I still want to see the giant tiger logo helmets where they give the logo the full color treatment. The giant all-yellow version doesn't do anything for me, but I feel like a full-color version might be worthwhile. I do know that I hate the tiger logo being stuck in an oval. 

10 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Cal is going navy/white/navy tomorrow at UW:

Since the Huskies are expected to wear purple jerseys and pants, I really wish Cal would’ve gone with either the white or gold pants to better contrast all that purple.

Has Cal worn gold pants on the road since switching to the new set? This might seems obvious, but please be nice because college football uniforms are now utterly impossible to keep up with. 

16 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I was really bummed that "brand new" helmets just meant no stripes. I still want to see the giant tiger logo helmets where they give the logo the full color treatment. The giant all-yellow version doesn't do anything for me, but I feel like a full-color version might be worthwhile. I do know that I hate the tiger logo being stuck in an oval. 

Has Cal worn gold pants on the road since switching to the new set? This might seems obvious, but please be nice because college football uniforms are now utterly impossible to keep up with. 

Nope, unfortunately they’ve only gone with the white and navy pants on the road so far. Hopefully they don’t completely abandon the navy/white/gold combo because it’s by far their best road look, at least IMO.

And here you go, @kabbey520:

83120529-3506-47FA-BBBD-B303CC45D9EB.thumb.jpeg.7de5ba6df2b99454cbbd1b15daffab4c.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Looks like the Huskies will indeed be going with the purple pants tomorrow, at least according to these images their recruiting account posted earlier today on twitter:

248805D8-EEA1-47BE-8A3F-89913B55574C.thumb.jpeg.2939f7a6e13b6ca247a8c954c42165e9.jpegF1BF44AC-3CF5-4651-B237-DD023789C8D0.thumb.jpeg.0ffc1e1fc76c657408c74032407338b5.jpeg

Previously when they’ve posted images like these, they’ve shown the uniform combo for the games, so it should be a sign of what they’re wearing tomorrow.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

UAB revealed the alternate uniforms they'll be wearing Saturday. 

Patch over the C-USA patch is for Children's Harbor, a local charity that provides a get away for seriously ill children. Each player will wear a different kid's name on their back

http://uabuniforms.blogspot.com/2017/10/uab-to-sport-alternates-for-homecoming.html

DLffZQIX4AAHBYU.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

5 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

UAB revealed the alternate uniforms they'll be wearing Saturday. 

Patch over the C-USA patch is for Children's Harbor, a local charity that provides a get away for seriously ill children. Each player will wear a different kid's name on their back

http://uabuniforms.blogspot.com/2017/10/uab-to-sport-alternates-for-homecoming.html

DLffZQIX4AAHBYU.jpg

Reminds me of some sort of citrus fruit soda I'd be in to. 

Archived