College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

A lot of it has to do with the quality of the promo photos. Some being shared on social media and stories do look gray, but the original (on Florida’s website) are clearly green. 

And also, once they see the light of day (even if it is only for warmups that the sunlight hits them), it’ll be more apparent.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I see it more as a dark slate. So if I am color blind then it's not severe.

The retail version without the excessive promo lighting shows the color better ; this is where i pulled the color from

DLvHp3UUMAEN1go.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

2 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I see the green there.

Because of this I found a color blind test online and took it. Said I have normal color vision. Phew.

Thanks Florida, for promoting vision health and self testing!

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

There are also lighter greens than the one I pulled but it is definitely a "swamp green" if that's what they were going for which obviously it is.

I'm surprised they didn't do a promo shot rising out of the water and touting the "moisture wick of the jersey replicates a Gators ability to sneak through the swamp" or something like that 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

19 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

https://ucfknights.exposure.co/we-have-liftoff

original.jpg?fm=pjpg&auto=format&q=60&nr

Helmets are sick as hell, kinda wish the rest of the uniform was more inspired though.

editing in pics of the helmet stripe because this might be one of my favorite uniform design elements ever.

It's awesome up close but will look pretty generic from 20 feet away.  On TV it'll look like solid black helmets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Florida uniform is absolutely abysmal. The idea is good in theory but needs to have some level of restraint to still be tasteful. See the basketball example above, or their old Pro Combats. These were a few tweaks away from being great (also the pattern was slightly more subtle in real life than these mockups).

nike-pro-combat-2010-02.jpg

It also bothers me that this the gator print set is clearly a one off and does not follow the style of their other sets (besides the obvious striping inconsistencies). Florida's normal uniforms have a small SEC patch at the base of the collar while the Gator is offset on the upper chest. This just looks like an off the rack jersey with the normal SEC patch tacked on. The Gator patch is so clearly oversized for the size of the collar. It does not work at all.

The SEC patch and Gator patch should match like this set (should be noted that the swoosh and Gator flipped sides this year...but the gator print set should match their primary uniforms):

852666776-florida-v-kentucky.jpg.jpg

Lastly, the Ohio State alternate will probably disappoint me. Those white outlines on the light gray jersey destroy the look, in my opinion. It's the same as a gray baseball jersey. Compare the Tigers example below. What functional purpose do the white outlines serve? Absolutely zero. They look like crap. The Ohio State jersey would look much better with scarlet outlines, or the reverse with scarlet numbers and black outlines.

tigers-twins-baseball-0190d18a139bf2f9.j

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

My guess is tOSU will go with the "cannonball" helmet from last year... I can picture it working with those numbers.  As for pants, who knows?

As a graduate and fan of Ohio State, and a native of Columbus, can I say I don't need this in any way?

The Buckeyes need one helmet, one pair of pants, and two jerseys... period.

Maybe, but since I’m a teenager, I tend to enjoy when teams do one off uniforms. Especially with my favorite team, the Buckeyes. I always wanted them to tryout grey and I’m excited to see them finally do it. I still really enjoyed the Blackout Jerseys for Ohio State in 2015, and many of the other alternates were also enjoyable. The main thing is that Ohio State has to keep it a one game thing. They choose a game for the alternate and that’s it. After that they wear their standard 2 jersey one helmet one pants schedule 

Archived