College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Say what you will about their set being too bland or what have you, this is the best uniform combo that I have seen in recent years.

Just for comparison’s sake, that same combo (crimson/white/crimson) looked vastly superior in either of their last two sets, IMO:

5AE4005F-15A1-4B15-A60C-5509F0AE1735.thumb.jpeg.0649d1cc55d251ff127ba649c965958e.jpeg429AA260-D83A-48E4-9929-31D41429D206.thumb.jpeg.a4d63208c0cd8460e3bfb054a0613aea.jpeg

Both of their last two sets had their flaws, but the color distribution and unique striping elements really made for some nice looks, whereas this new set lacks any and all character aside from the number font. Look at almost any combo from the last two sets and compare it with the same combos from this new set (if possible), and they almost all look much better with the last two sets as opposed to this new one. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

In other news, I’m hoping to see the Ducks in either of these combos this weekend at The Farm:

0C849A18-412A-482B-8C19-FBAE70B05F2A.thumb.png.4519d43616191d6fb8fee545a3179091.png892553DD-B462-456E-BAB3-7EA2274E61D0.thumb.png.7f971a6f6426d21d0c09184ef0c05380.png

Given that they just wore the yellow helmets and pants this past weekend, I’m not sure I realistically see them wearing them two weeks in a row, but we’ll see. They’re asking fans to wear yellow, so there’s a chance that means they’ll break out the yellow helmets and/or pants again.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Just for comparison’s sake, that same combo (crimson/white/crimson) looked vastly superior in either of their last two sets, IMO:

5AE4005F-15A1-4B15-A60C-5509F0AE1735.thumb.jpeg.0649d1cc55d251ff127ba649c965958e.jpeg

Both of their last two sets had their flaws, but the color distribution and unique striping elements really made for some nice looks, whereas this new set lacks any and all character aside from the number font. Look at almost any combo from the last two sets and compare it with the same combos from this new set (if possible), and they almost all look much better with the last two sets as opposed to this new one. 

I actually really like look of the full single stripes. However, I think the crimson mask is far better on the crimson helmet.

As for the simplicity of the set, it seems as though the designers thought the number typeface would add enough character on its own.seeing as the lack of any other sort of striping draws attention to the unique aspects of the numbers. Whether they were right in their assumption is up for debate, but the more I see them the more I like them. Something about the striping on their immediately previous set never really sat well with me though.

32 minutes ago, ODUMonarchs said:

Did anyone else notice that the dudes right forearm is missing? That's going to make ball security or trying to trow a stiff arm quite hard

It's not gone; just covered up by an opponent's hand, which is in turn covered by Duke's hashtag placement.

3 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

I actually really like look of the full single stripes. However, I think the crimson mask is far better on the crimson helmet.

As for the simplicity of the set, it seems as though the designers thought the number typeface would add enough character on its own.seeing as the lack of any other sort of striping draws attention to the unique aspects of the numbers. Whether they were right in their assumption is up for debate, but the more I see them the more I like them. Something about the striping on their immediately previous set never really sat well with me though.

The blandness for me comes from any color combo that doesn't feature crimson. They will have the same problem as West Virginia when they wear some of their looks 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

7 hours ago, nuordr said:

Duke.jpg

NCState.jpg

EMU.jpg

MTSU.jpg

Couple of things...

Dukegang sounds so stupid. I like Duke in general, from unis to their on field product, but that sounds dumb.

NC State looks good again. Will the wolf head be their primary helmet? I hope so! It looks good. But I would not completely get rid of the NC in the S logo. 

Eastern Michigan's "The Factory" push is really growing on me! I like the numbers. When they first unveiled the turf, I thought it looked bad. It still does look bad! But the uniforms make up for it! The helmet looks good, the pattern in the numbers is unquestionably unique to EMU.

It sounds stange to say, but when I see that color, I think EMU football. They have a great identity.

MTSU looks good. But my big problem is the team name on the shorts. Put "Blue Raiders" or dont put anything at all. 

2 hours ago, pscf3 said:

Mississippi State is repeating a combo for the first time this year, wearing Maroon-Maroon-Gray vs BYU. Guessing BYU will be in either all white or white-white-navy.

USATSI_10284977_168380669_lowres_1505616

Somebody tell BYU to wear royal blue pieces and you've got yourself a contender for matchup of the week. Uniform wise anyway. 

Cal is going blue/gold/blue (?) tomorrow night vs Wazzu

Not sure why they flashed white pants in the promo. It could just be weird lighting or something. I'm expecting b/g/b . They haven't worn blue/gold/white since the Tedford era (if it all)

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Somebody tell BYU to wear royal blue pieces and you've got yourself a contender for matchup of the week. Uniform wise anyway. 

Week?  That'd be my frontrunner for uniform matchup of the year.

Mississippi State in maroon-maroon-gray might be my favorite college football uniform.

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, djam2410 said:

Cal is going blue/gold/blue (?) tomorrow night vs Wazzu

Not sure why they flashed white pants in the promo. It could just be weird lighting or something. I'm expecting b/g/b . They haven't worn blue/gold/white since the Tedford era (if it all)

White pants would look really good. 

53 minutes ago, See Red said:

Week?  That'd be my frontrunner for uniform matchup of the year.

Mississippi State in maroon-maroon-gray might be my favorite college football uniform.

I'm curious, does it bother Mississippi State fans to wear grey pants since that's sort of Ole Miss' thing? Either way, it's a beautiful look. Maybe the best looking team in the SEC. 

13 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Couple of things...

Dukegang sounds so stupid. I like Duke in general, from unisto their on field product, but that sounds dumb.

NC State looks good again. Will the wolf head be their primary helmet? I hope so! It looks good. But I would not completely get rid of the NC in the S logo. 

Eastern Michigan's "The Factory" push is really growing on me! I like the numbers. When they first unveiled the turf, I thought it looked bad. It still does look bad! But the uniforms make up for it! The helmet looks good, the pattern in the numbers is unquestionably unique to EMU.

It sounds stange to say, but when I see that color, I think EMU football. They have a great identity.

MTSU looks good. But my big problem is the team name on the shorts. Put "Blue Raiders" or dont put anything at all. 

I saw Eastern Michigan earlier this year at Kentucky in person and I must say their uniforms grew on me throughout the course of the game. I just wish they would put stripes on their pants.  

EMU.PNG

spacer.png

Looks like my wish came true, as the Ducks are going yellow/white/yellow tomorrow night at Stanford:

This is probably my favorite combo of the season so far, with the Week 1 uniforms a close second. This combo, along with green/white/green, are definitely their two best road combos IMO, so it’s nice that they’ve decided to go with both of them so far this season. It should be a really good looking game between the Ducks and the Cardinal, and one that’ll be somewhat reminiscent of their 2013 matchup (though I hope the Ducks put together a better performance this time around):

9608AF61-192E-45FD-9D87-A1CF7C0ECE27.thumb.jpeg.61d1b0a03e8aba2ecf705295f5ab4a32.jpeg

This’ll also be Oregon’s first time going yellow/white/yellow since 2014, and in that time they’ve completed the full-time transition from forest green to apple green.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived