buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

356 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The cleats appear to be more of a neon green (although I think that's because they're kelly green and neon yellow), but I'd say the rest of the uniforms definitely still feature neon yellow. The 2010/11 national championship uniforms, as well as the 2011 pro combat uniforms, both featured neon yellow and these new uniforms seem to match up pretty well with those. Compare these:

With these:

True, I forgot how green the natty uniforms appear. As the proud owner of many things volt you pick up on the subtle differences between neon yellow and neon green. But both photograph nearly similar. 

1 person likes this

Do Something was a saying Taggart had when he was at USF.  Guess he doesn't want to come up with something new.

9 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Do Something was a saying Taggart had when he was at USF.  Guess he doesn't want to come up with something new.

It's not really all that uncommon for a coach to carry over a motto to a new program. PJ Fleck just did that with his move to Minnesota, carrying over the "row the boat" mantra. Hell, even Chip Kelly's "win the day" motto originated during his time at New Hampshire, and then he brought it to Oregon.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, pscf3 said:

Southern Miss has new gold jerseys for the 2017 season.  Much better than their last attempt in 2013 and 2014.  These are consistent with their current black and white jerseys that they've had since 2015.  Their current set is decent, but the black on black numbers at home really dilute the look.  The tweet also hints at gold pants; they've mostly worn black pants the past two seasons, but they did wear white pants twice late last season, once with a matte helmet.

Missouri Light much?...

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here they are:

IMG_3738.thumb.JPG.68d4db8015e96bdaa60fac307ff40ca7.JPGIMG_3739.thumb.JPG.292f8ec7949dd4053dd1c06c473a86d7.JPGIMG_3740.thumb.JPG.83e86b6037e36924556085ab0ddb9b5a.JPGIMG_3741.thumb.JPG.c88537f78ab50f475e8100301aba90f1.JPGIMG_3742.thumb.JPG.f5bbf2d2c85e4f9b39aabe20f1ffcccf.JPGIMG_3743.thumb.JPG.38d4cf49b05d994a9c1cb299e1ea520f.JPGIMG_3744.thumb.JPG.c8e1755894f51adc20f9900997a4bc80.JPGIMG_3745.thumb.JPG.ffd729f4bf8123b8e23075644afe8dfa.JPG

Very simple compared to past spring game uniforms (though I wouldn't say that's a bad thing). I was right about them using the neon accents, and the dark uniform is actually very similar to their 2011 pro combat set that they wore against LSU. Another interesting thing is that the font is the 2012-2015 font, rather than the one that was introduced last season. Hopefully that means they're reverting back to it because it's far superior to the new one. Other than that the only other real things of note are the sleeve patches, "Do Something" on the neck bumper, and "The Free" and "The Brave" on the nameplates.

That number font is definitely a welcomed change if it's full time. Don't know why they ever went away from it, last yrs was terrible. 

3 people like this

These are pretty tame and did hold true to them using their "traditional color palette" in the sense that they do use a set of colors that was previously used by Oregon in more than one game.  It'll be interesting to see what they actually do for the uniforms during the season.

It feels like there have been less spring-time changes unveiled this year. I'm surprised considering how teams have become more open about equipment changes with social media. It used to be someone could have new gear and not a soul would see until August. But -- outside of Washington State, we didn't have any other official unveils did we?

Good look at the sleeve patches on the Ducks' spring game uniforms:

IMG_3772.thumb.PNG.b64120e07189758adca211494d5278e8.PNGIMG_3773.thumb.PNG.1f3ad1d473a49670c1b5a49d396f8ed1.PNG

Also, there's a new wall covering outside of the tunnel at Autzen, a new sign at the end of the tunnel, as well as new wall coverings inside the stadium:IMG_3774.thumb.JPG.2efda0c5218a220907a3b1a5302378e0.JPGIMG_3776.thumb.JPG.b6c8d6290d401e718cb405b40c6d3a32.JPGIMG_3775.thumb.JPG.73f4f31774b46c178abf78bde9c779a9.JPG

1 person likes this

"Do Something" doesn't have that inspirational je ne sais quoi that "Win The Day" does. really like those SG unis though. 

3 people like this

23 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

That number font is definitely a welcomed change if it's full time. Don't know why they ever went away from it, last yrs was terrible. 

Agreed. Last year's uniforms all looked like cheap imitations to me. This set actually looks like Oregon, and I think the number font plays a big part in that. I like the simplified shoulder design as well. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. 

1 person likes this

Pictures make everything better. 

They're very conservative but I dig them. Should've kept the silver face masks though. 

IMG_0388.JPG

2 people like this

@Midway

My fault man, I made that post from mobile. They show up for me. I'll fix it up! I also agree with the face masks--they should have kept them grey.

7 minutes ago, csura999 said:

@Midway

My fault man, I made that post from mobile. They show up for me. I'll fix it up! I also agree with the face masks--they should have kept them grey.

No need. They're visible on mobile. We just happened to post at almost the exact same time. 

Would it kill teams to have more than one school color on a jersey.