College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Let's all just breathe.  Relativity proves these jersey to be pretty good.

Depending on what they do with the pants and helmet, it could be an interesting look.

7 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Not bad, but I feel like it could use red more than just the O at the base of the collar

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

Not bad, but I feel like it could use red more than just the O at the base of the collar

A red outline on the number, and red on the thinner outer stripe on the sleeves (or inner/middle stripe, to be consistent) would look pretty cool.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Arkansas State has announced their plans to wear garbage uniforms tomorrow night. Trendy trash pants are new along with the helmets' trashy chrome logo and stripe. Still not the worst helmets they've worn though. That title goes to the 2014 and 2015 games against South Alabama.

gQ6IkMi.jpg

BzQ6gl4.jpg

14 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

VT going with new jerseys for the Orange Effect. Not bad, sounds like a new uniforms on the way for next season

These jerseys work a little better with the tapered, seperated stripes on the helmet than the current jerseys.  Kinda wish either the collar or the sleeve numbers were maroon.

Hokies also showed a white helmet, white facemask, orange VT logo outlined in white and maroon.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

These jerseys work a little better with the tapered, seperated stripes on the helmet than the current jerseys.  Kinda wish either the collar or the sleeve numbers were maroon.

Hokies also showed a white helmet, white facemask, orange VT logo outlined in white and maroon.

The collar was my complaint. That and reversed numbers would help stand out from other orange teams. 

Here’s the full uniform: 

7CFBE33B-8C43-4764-AB28-0E1D8B982599.thumb.jpeg.655e27de2369ac66146b404bff01d2ad.jpeg

83C06830-CF10-411D-85E9-6D607A7F74BC.thumb.jpeg.418d6cb262bd906eb7c899ef68f2a946.jpeg

the more I see it, the more I like it

33 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

The collar was my complaint. That and reversed numbers would help stand out from other orange teams. 

Here’s the full uniform: 

7CFBE33B-8C43-4764-AB28-0E1D8B982599.thumb.jpeg.655e27de2369ac66146b404bff01d2ad.jpeg

83C06830-CF10-411D-85E9-6D607A7F74BC.thumb.jpeg.418d6cb262bd906eb7c899ef68f2a946.jpeg

the more I see it, the more I like it

I think just swapping th color of the Hokies text for maroon would be a good way to get a splash more maroon in the uniform. That and actually wearing their maroon helmets, which are their best.

9 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Like the regular white stickers or just replace the scarlet with green on black? Cause I actually think it looks really cool as is, but if it were green on black that could be cool too.

Green on black...would really pop

Here’s a couple guesses at what the Ducks could suit up in on Saturday at UCLA:

3742B706-DADC-4E02-B8D2-E2E61BB240A4.thumb.png.59dd3dde34bca91440be4f73a1405a5b.png15C42602-75F8-4A26-B998-B66FDC57ACB4.thumb.png.a97e6eb573a7a564dd28e4a9b380c66e.png

Green/white/white seems the most likely combination IMO, as they’re calling for fans to wear green, but the white jersey/pants combo would sort of continue the “tradition” they’ve developed over the last several years of going all-white at the LA schools. It’s unclear to me at this point whether they’re even planning on wearing white helmets at all this season, and frankly I’m leaning towards them not wearing them, so all-white and even white/white/green both seem fairly unlikely to me.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

35 minutes ago, Webfooter said:
Too bad they don't plan on using their white helmets on the road this season.

Yeah, it seems like they won’t be using white helmets at all this season. To my knowledge they got rid of the infamous glitter helmets, and I guess they’ve just wanted to reserve their new white lids for practice only, similar to how they used to have a designated set of glossy green practice helmets.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived