College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

Sneak peak at Buckeyes alternate helmet design for the Penn State Game: Sauce

7763087.png

Should be an interesting look.  Looks like they are trying to capitalize on the gem from last year's throw backs.  I'm curious to see what the pants look like.  It would be nice if there was a red block O on the front.

wow, never thought i'd see the day. when i was doing apparel for tOSU, we developed a few different camo patterns for tees, jackets, hats, etc. it made sense because camo is such a big thing around there and camo things with OSU logo drops sold well. so we (J. America) came up with some camo patterns that were specific to OSU, like using the buckeye leaf, buckeyes, lines from the sidewalks around campus; we had one that we nicknamed "bikini bottom" because it kind of looked like seaweed, not too different than whats on the helmet actually. but this is surprising because the school just would not go for it at the time. they wanted nothing to do with a camo pattern on apparel, and now here we are with "bikini bottom" on the football helmets

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

11 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That sucks.  And Penn State better not be wearing their home colors in the shoe.

As a fan...

not a fan.

Penn State will need to wear their homes to make the game watchable for the rest of us. The Buckeyes grey isn't dark enough to differentiate on the fly. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Sneak peak at Buckeyes alternate helmet design for the Penn State Game: Sauce

7763087.png

Should be an interesting look.  Looks like they are trying to capitalize on the gem from last year's throw backs.  I'm curious to see what the pants look like.  It would be nice if there was a red block O on the front.

Looks like a prototype design for Mountain Dew.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

31 minutes ago, matthew516 said:

Who wore it better?

rams.PNGrams2.PNG

It’s great having the M back, but having it all white (with outline) and no helmet stripes is a miss.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It’s great having the M back, but having it all white (with outline) and no helmet stripes is a miss.  

You could call it a...... 

Missouri 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Looks like Michigan will finally be breaking out the white jersey/maize pants combo again tomorrow in Happy Valley!

F474E1F5-A31A-4D91-9CDD-3140C4F5BE91.thumb.jpeg.526ad90848a138e3cd4ba7eb4cf1a702.jpegD0B74F80-28EA-4EF9-B676-126E3706F21C.thumb.jpeg.6be72bdfc61187f28de2207c2706a94f.jpeg

This’ll be the first time wearing that combo since the 2014 season, and the first time with these particular white jerseys. From practice photos, here’s what it’ll look like:

A73339B0-AA59-4CA4-AAB4-4B2DFAAEE8E5.thumb.jpeg.3a8ac1d5e0790971bc11d48aff22a40b.jpeg

I really can’t wait to see their traditional road look again, and it’ll look fantastic again Penn State. Without even seeing the game, I’m gonna go ahead and say there’s a really good chance it’ll end up being my pick for matchup of the week.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Princeton is playing Harvard on TV tonight.  They have the tiniest front jersey numbers I've ever seen.

2016-Princeton-Football-at-Georgetown-Co

maxresdefault.jpg

They don't seem to be all that much bigger than the TV numbers... and set oddly low, too.

i like it. like the old saying goes, if you want your helmet to look bigger, make the numbers smaller.....

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

19 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That sucks.  And Penn State better not be wearing their home colors in the shoe.

As a fan...

not a fan.

It might be ok if they did this against a MAC or SunBelt school, but not a rivalry game like this. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived