College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only good thing about that "Pack" logo that Nevada sometimes uses, is that it helps me remember if they're the one word or two word Wolf Pack team (NC State being the Wolfpack, all one word).

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

The only good thing about that "Pack" logo that Nevada sometimes uses, is that it helps me remember if they're the one word or two word Wolf Pack team (NC State being the Wolfpack, all one word).

7nFmRxSw6AmyI.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 4/29/2017 at 0:36 PM, upperV03 said:

Good look at the sleeve patches on the Ducks' spring game uniforms:

IMG_3772.thumb.PNG.b64120e07189758adca211494d5278e8.PNGIMG_3773.thumb.PNG.1f3ad1d473a49670c1b5a49d396f8ed1.PNG

Also, there's a new wall covering outside of the tunnel at Autzen, a new sign at the end of the tunnel, as well as new wall coverings inside the stadium:IMG_3774.thumb.JPG.2efda0c5218a220907a3b1a5302378e0.JPGIMG_3776.thumb.JPG.b6c8d6290d401e718cb405b40c6d3a32.JPGIMG_3775.thumb.JPG.73f4f31774b46c178abf78bde9c779a9.JPG

I just think of this guy

tenor.gif

On 4/30/2017 at 2:04 PM, upperV03 said:

That's still part of the new set, unfortunately.

IMG_3810.JPG.793e66a7f83b078c7fd4891f50c0c3a1.JPGIMG_3811.JPG.17001ab9b1316dff3b86701a7cc5a526.JPG

The new unis are really good for Nevada, IMO.  I really like that helmet, even with the dual logos (the Pack mark is really cool).  It's a good update for Nevada.  The traditional block font and maybe-bland wordmark is still better than borrowed templates and fonts..

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Sometimes I forget what school colors Oregon is. They have worn:

white

black

green

yellow

gold

pink

blue

orange

They wore all gray when playing WSU 2 years ago. WSU's official colors are crimson and...GRAY. Last season they dressed up as the Cal Bears for Halloween and played UW. I bet next year they find a way to wear purple and justify it somehow.

20 minutes ago, CougMiniHelmet said:

white

black

green

yellow

gold

pink

blue

orange

They wore all gray when playing WSU 2 years ago. WSU's official colors are crimson and...GRAY. Last season they dressed up as the Cal Bears for Halloween and played UW. I bet next year they find a way to wear purple and justify it somehow.

Actually they won't since the equipment manager said they'd be going for more traditional Oregon colors while limiting the amount of one-off colors/uniforms to simplify their work and create a more unified look.

20 hours ago, CougMiniHelmet said:

white

black

green

yellow

gold

pink

blue

orange

Shush, we don't want a bunch of angry dogs up in UDub nation somehow mimicking them.  But then again we are talking about the Ducks.   Besides, you have forgot to mention the color brown, which resembles the Cascade Mountains located in you guessed it the state of Oregon. :D

This upcoming season is Auburn's 125th year of football. Someone asked me if Auburn would wear a patch for the milestone like they did in 1992 for 100 years, so I wrote about it here

Also, learned a new word today - quasquicentennial, which is the 125 year anniversary. Enjoying using that now :D

http://www.auburnuniforms.com/2015/08/building-auburn-alternate-uniform.html

125th Anniversary splash.png

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 5/1/2017 at 11:03 AM, cajunaggie08 said:

I just think of this guy

tenor.gif

In the context of football "Do Something" is pretty much the antithesis of success. Any good coaching philosophy focuses up knowing one's responsibilities, having situational awareness, execute with precision and maximum effort. Doing something is indicative of being lost on the field or freelancing which is not a long term factor for success on the field.

"Do something" reeks of desperation and lack of control. Poor branding IMO.

9 minutes ago, guest23 said:

In the context of football "Do Something" is pretty much the antithesis of success. Any good coaching philosophy focuses up knowing one's responsibilities, having situational awareness, execute with precision and maximum effort. Doing something is indicative of being lost on the field or freelancing which is not a long term factor for success on the field.

"Do something" reeks of desperation and lack of control. Poor branding IMO.

It's like they reeeeeally wanted to use "Do Your Job" but didn't want to get sued by the Patriots, so this was the next best thing.

ClAFLDa.png

19 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

It's like they reeeeeally wanted to use "Do Your Job" but didn't want to get sued by the Patriots, so this was the next best thing.

As has been mentioned previously, the slogan is something that Coach Taggart used at USF, and he's carried it over to Oregon. The full slogan is "blame no one, make no excuses, do something", which is really just about accountability and, like you mentioned, doing your job. When Taggart got to Oregon, his main message to the players, fans, media, boosters, etc. was that he wanted to create a culture of excellence on the field, in the classroom, and in the community, and accountability plays a large part in all three of those areas. In addition, he made it clear that each player has to earn their role, and that plays into the slogan as well. I agree that the shortened "do something" isn't the best, but with the context of knowing the slogan in its entirety, it's a perfectly suitable mantra and a much needed change of pace from Helfrich's "you vs. yesterday", or even Kelly's "win the day".

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

22 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

As has been mentioned previously, the slogan is something that Coach Taggart used at USF, and he's carried it over to Oregon. The full slogan is "blame no one, make no excuses, do something", which is really just about accountability and, like you mentioned, doing your job. When Taggart got to Oregon, his main message to the players, fans, media, boosters, etc. was that he wanted to create a culture of excellence on the field, in the classroom, and in the community, and accountability plays a large part in all three of those areas. In addition, he made it clear that each player has to earn their role, and that plays into the slogan as well. I agree that the shortened "do something" isn't the best, but with the context of knowing the slogan in its entirety, it's a perfectly suitable mantra and a much needed change of pace from Helfrich's "you vs. yesterday", or even Kelly's "win the day".

Should've gone with "no excuses" then.

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Too much "culture of success" BS in all of this marketing nonsense. Everybody wants to be a damn thought leader, life coach, or be a TED Talker. Guess what most of these coaches are mediocre at best and just trying to make themselves look like they are different from the last guy. Speaking of that, here's my free coach tagline for collage coaches that they can use as they will. Call it the 3 pillars/pyramid/triumvirate of success or make up your own name.

1. Play football hard.
  2. Go to class.
  3. Stay out of jail.

Archived