buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

831 posts in this topic

Even if they keep the sleeves, just changing to the same numbers as basketball would improve their look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if Miami will keep the classic look? If they do, I hope they would add a green jersey and pant option. The problem became when they had three pants and shirts, they rarely mix and matched and did a ton of monochrome. I won't let my personal disdain for adidas let me comment on tire treads, white/silver or black/silver crap they pulled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping Maryland goes back to the white pennant helmets. That's the best helmet they've had in recent years.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hormone said:

Does anyone know if Miami will keep the classic look? If they do, I hope they would add a green jersey and pant option. The problem became when they had three pants and shirts, they rarely mix and matched and did a ton of monochrome. I won't let my personal disdain for adidas let me comment on tire treads, white/silver or black/silver crap they pulled.

Richt specifically wants to keep them, that's why after the Florida State game they never went back to the  rebranded uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue with the number font on Florida's football uniforms is that it's a bit too thick. If it was the same weight as the font on their basketball uniforms, it'd be perfect.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep hearing the rumor UGA will don an updated template next year sans that flywire crap.  Honestly would like a return of the old block font as opposed to the "Bulldog Bold" Nike font, but that won't likely happen.  Here's to 2017!:D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Hoping Maryland goes back to the white pennant helmets. That's the best helmet they've had in recent years.

I disagree. While it's a nice look, I love their airbrushed/hand-painted/whatever-they-are, 'waving flag' helmets they've been using a lot recently. 

mdua.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr.nascar13 said:

I disagree. While it's a nice look, I love their airbrushed/hand-painted/whatever-they-are, 'waving flag' helmets they've been using a lot recently. 

mdua.jpg

To each their own. I never liked these. Same goes for the very first flag inspired helmets Maryland brought out. The white pennant helmet was their best IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but it hasn't been worn in 2 years. At least I haven't seen it since they announced the hand brushed helmets as the full time helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yes but it hasn't been worn in 2 years. At least I haven't seen it since they announced the hand brushed helmets as the full time helmet.

I've only seen mini replicas in the bookstore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's his high school jersey morphing into last year's green jersey. It's also a Mach Speed which is an older jersey.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

That's his high school jersey morphing into last year's green jersey. It's also a Mach Speed which is an older jersey.  

It's a Twitter photo edit that a lot of players have done once they make a commitment.  No big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2016 at 9:41 PM, See Red said:

I'm not sure this is all that newsworthy but Florida got a bunch of Jordan brand gear in advance of their bowl game this year so that had some people in team circles wondering if Florida would be switching to Jordan brand full-time but I guess they will not be.  Whether they do or don't, I think the uniforms need some kind of refresh.

 

Jordan warmups were available to all of the contract Nike schools for bowl gear this year. Most went with standard Nike, but several selected Jordan. Nothing to read into there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BRice16 said:

 

Jordan warmups were available to all of the contract Nike schools for bowl gear this year. Most went with standard Nike, but several selected Jordan. Nothing to read into there. 

 

That's news to me.  It appears Florida was the only one IIRC (along with Michigan).  It would really make my day if the Gators do go to the Jordan brand beginning in '17.  Let's hope they do the next few months, with new football jerseys with the Jumpman added to it.

 

Florida plays Michigan opening week next season, could be the first Jordan vs. Jordan meeting (let's keep fingers crossed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

That's news to me.  It appears Florida was the only one IIRC (along with Michigan).  

 

Oklahoma State had them as well.

 

jordan-e1481687367227.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

 

That's news to me.  It appears Florida was the only one IIRC (along with Michigan).  It would really make my day if the Gators do go to the Jordan brand beginning in '17.  Let's hope they do the next few months, with new football jerseys with the Jumpman added to it.

 

Florida plays Michigan opening week next season, could be the first Jordan vs. Jordan meeting (let's keep fingers crossed).

I wonder if North Carolina would jump on board as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see a team like Ohio State jumping on the LeBron brand fully within the next couple seasons, football and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, buckeye said:

I could see a team like Ohio State jumping on the LeBron brand fully within the next couple seasons, football and all.

 

Seems to only be a matter of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buckeye said:

I could see a team like Ohio State jumping on the LeBron brand fully within the next couple seasons, football and all.

 

I've thought about this but it seems like the Jordan brand has always been different. Almost positioned as an offshoot premium brand. When Michigan became the first football program to wear Jordan, cleats and gloves were already being mass produced. 

 

As of right now most Lebron stuff is just Nike apparel like warm ups, socks, etc. No cleats, gloves or other equipment. Even his basketball shoes are branded Nike, but have the Lebron crown logo incorporated somewhere. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now