College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

20 hours ago, guest23 said:

Too much "culture of success" BS in all of this marketing nonsense. Everybody wants to be a damn thought leader, life coach, or be a TED Talker. Guess what most of these coaches are mediocre at best and just trying to make themselves look like they are different from the last guy. Speaking of that, here's my free coach tagline for collage coaches that they can use as they will. Call it the 3 pillars/pyramid/triumvirate of success or make up your own name.

1. Play football hard.
  2. Go to class.
  3. Stay out of jail.

Are collage coaches different from college coaches?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, upperV03 said:

As has been mentioned previously, the slogan is something that Coach Taggart used at USF, and he's carried it over to Oregon. The full slogan is "blame no one, make no excuses, do something", which is really just about accountability and, like you mentioned, doing your job. When Taggart got to Oregon, his main message to the players, fans, media, boosters, etc. was that he wanted to create a culture of excellence on the field, in the classroom, and in the community, and accountability plays a large part in all three of those areas. In addition, he made it clear that each player has to earn their role, and that plays into the slogan as well. I agree that the shortened "do something" isn't the best, but with the context of knowing the slogan in its entirety, it's a perfectly suitable mantra and a much needed change of pace from Helfrich's "you vs. yesterday", or even Kelly's "win the day".

Kelly's "Win the Day" mantra was great.. "You vs. Yesterday" was a weak attempt by Helfrich to put his own mark on the program without actually changing anything.. It's essentially just a rewording of "Win the Day".. As weak, poor, juvenile, and sloppy as "Do Something" is, at least it's different.. And I guess it gets minor bonus points for tying somewhat into Nike's "Just Do It" slogan

I long for the day when the technology companies on helmets can design a helmet that has the shape more like the late 90's / early 2000's helmets, which were so clean and simple, but still offering the safety, etc.  Helmets and helmet designs are part of football to me...

19 minutes ago, 4Mizzou said:

I long for the day when the technology companies on helmets can design a helmet that has the shape more like the late 90's / early 2000's helmets, which were so clean and simple, but still offering the safety, etc.  Helmets and helmet designs are part of football to me...

Seeing as every player wears one, and every football uniform includes one, I'd say helmets and helmet designs are part of football to just about everyone else here too.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Seeing as every player wears one, and every football uniform includes one, I'd say helmets and helmet designs are part of football to just about everyone else here too.

Of course, I just mean I'd hate to see the underlying helmet style become impossible to place decals/designs on.  There was a discussion about that earlier in this very thread.  So hopefully the safety designs will be able to allow for that.  There was one helmet I saw that would make it very hard to do.

17 hours ago, upperV03 said:

MOD EDIT

1 hour ago, 4Mizzou said:

Of course, I just mean I'd hate to see the underlying helmet style become impossible to place decals/designs on.  There was a discussion about that earlier in this very thread.  So hopefully the safety designs will be able to allow for that.  There was one helmet I saw that would make it very hard to do.

Will never be an issue.. Anyone proficient in applying decals will find a way to get it done

9 hours ago, 4Mizzou said:

Also, a major part of the unique shapes/designs/ridges/etc found in new helmets is actually due to the helmet manufacturers trying to have a "signature" helmet model/style.. Most of the unique features aren't actually safety-related at all.. 

The most classic or "traditional" helmet model currently available (Schutt Air XP Pro VTD II) is the highest-scoring helmet in Virginia Tech's rating system (thus, making it the safest), so no need to worry much about the shape becoming too ridiculous.. The traditional shell has proven to be not only sufficient, but superior to all other current designs/shapes.

As far as new Arizona uniforms go, Nike is starting to push out some of the gear for the upcoming season. Every year they have shirts, hats, etc with the pattern from the team's uniforms. I've looked at ours & some of the other Nike schools to compare gear, & every other one has patterns on their gear that match the patterns on their respective uniforms. Yesterday I was told that our uniforms are going back to basic stripes, which makes sense based on the gear that I talked about earlier in this post, & how Nike does it. I would like something new & modern, but I wouldn't be mad if we went back to the look we had in the 90's. Take a look:

Arizona Wildcats Nike 2017 Staff Legend Dri-FIT Performance T-Shirt - White

Nike: Arizona Wildcats Enzyme Shoulder Stripe Heather Tee thumbnail

Nike: Arizona Wildcats Silhouette True Flat Bill Adjustable thumbnail

31 minutes ago, kabbey520 said:

As far as new Arizona uniforms go, Nike is starting to push out some of the gear for the upcoming season. Every year they have shirts, hats, etc with the pattern from the team's uniforms. I've looked at ours & some of the other Nike schools to compare gear, & every other one has patterns on their gear that match the patterns on their respective uniforms. Yesterday I was told that our uniforms are going back to basic stripes, which makes sense based on the gear that I talked about earlier in this post, & how Nike does it. I would like something new & modern, but I wouldn't be mad if we went back to the look we had in the 90's. Take a look:

That font that Nike picked for "Wildcats" is atrocious.  I'm guessing it'll be used for all other Nike schools too.  Not good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yeah, that font is just a generic font that Nike's using for the majority of schools, at least for that specific product. 

Meanwhile, the new Nike apparel for Oregon features a geometric camo pattern with varying shades of green, similar to the pattern on the green cleats in the bottommost image below.

IMG_3885.thumb.PNG.08efe0b44dedfc0d67285eaa4ca8cada.PNGIMG_3886.thumb.JPG.ae18731382a02a4cb8258c675ae8cece.JPGIMG_3888.thumb.PNG.5339cc7663a62b2bf07af0944de9f4f0.PNGIMG_3887.thumb.JPG.d2f6154a20d3c7f8dee1c097226a4986.JPG

It's hard to say whether that'll actually be indicative of their uniforms for 2017 because Nike's templated products (meaning the designs available for all schools) haven't always been consistent with Oregon's uniforms. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

Well if this says anything it's that the return to the old stripes could be possible which I am really hoping for. From what I've been told the new unis are more so moving back to what Nick Foles had worn.

a2BRS8U.png

On 4/28/2017 at 2:33 PM, pscf3 said:

Southern Miss has new gold jerseys for the 2017 season.  Much better than their last attempt in 2013 and 2014.  These are consistent with their current black and white jerseys that they've had since 2015.  Their current set is decent, but the black on black numbers at home really dilute the look.  The tweet also hints at gold pants; they've mostly worn black pants the past two seasons, but they did wear white pants twice late last season, once with a matte helmet.

USM will also wear 1997 throwbacks this fall:

Archived