buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

1 hour ago, BenjiJ said:

Very nice look from Boise

Not a fan. It looks cheap and clashes with the rest of the uniform.

When I first turned to the Oregon game, there was a second there where I thought their helmets had glitter on them. Something about the way the raindrops work with the chrome. 

So, for all of you guys that have been begging for Clemson to wear something other than white pants, congrats! You won't see them anymore this year. Anytime a championship is on the line (which is division next week, state in 3 weeks fyi), the orange pants are brought out, and the purple out game is in 2 weeks as well.

33 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

So, for all of you guys that have been begging for Clemson to wear something other than white pants, congrats! You won't see them anymore this year. Anytime a championship is on the line (which is division next week, state in 3 weeks fyi), the orange pants are brought out, and the purple out game is in 2 weeks as well.

Is that a thing people have been doing? 

1 minute ago, Red Wolf said:

On that note, everyone yelling at me to wear pants when i go to retrieve the morning paper, congrats! You won't see me pantsless anymore, because someone called the cops.

32 minutes ago, bipolarbear said:

On that note, everyone yelling at me to wear pants when i go to retrieve the morning paper, congrats! You won't see me pantsless anymore, because someone called the cops.

98B3DDD3-FF48-449B-8EDF-0420125F6C60.gif.22305dc4b36c64071f7f0d46bed0251d.gif

34 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

It's more or less about people asking why doesn't Clemson wear like purple pants with their orange jerseys or something along that variety, and something for those who do the weekly roundup for uniform matchups to anticipate. All white, orange over white, white over orange, all orange, and all purple are the only combos you'll see them in, but that won't stop others from wishing otherwise.

4 hours ago, Gupti said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a19b0ab5f04a957df039a40829597f2b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6b4fb55d0504011f2f5174c5d2e4bee8.jpeg

Huh.

Very similar...but Boise State gets the nod as the helmet stripes and consistent decals are better.  Like Jonah noted earlier, just wish Boise had a gray facemask instead of the chrome.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Very similar...but Boise State gets the nod as the helmet stripes and consistent decals are better.  Like Jonah noted earlier, just wish Boise had a gray facemask instead of the chrome.

Boise State's pants stand out more than Florida's because of the clashing wordmarks, but their look is still better. 

20171105_112106.thumb.jpg.337c14ab6796c3d558753e29731b67c8.jpg

Watching Grand Valley State vs Ashland. Apparently GVSU didn't check the proper size for their sleeve numbers. Ashland has black sleeves on a purple jersey too.

1 hour ago, bipolarbear said:

TIL wishing Clemson would mix it up a bit on a sports design board is just THE WORST

People like good design. If Clemson changing it up makes for worse design? Well I don’t know what you were expecting.

3 hours ago, dsaline97 said:

Well, I’ve officially made it. I designed a helmet and everyone hated it :P

TAngxt1.gif

4 hours ago, dsaline97 said:

Well, I’ve officially made it. I designed a helmet and everyone hated it :P

Hey man, the game is the game, college athletic design is a cut throat business, we both know. ;)