College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Sedpredictsports said:

Agreed, as a one off uniform they are excellent, I just wished they’d add more scarlet especially since scarlet looks good against the Maize and blue

That darker grey pant with the regular pant stripe and the white alternate shirt with red outline on the numbers and the sleeve matching the regular helmet stripe would be an improvement as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 minutes ago, kabbey520 said:

Arizona is wearing the chrome red helmets at Oregon this weekend.

That’s too bad. Do you know what color pants they’re wearing?

I haven’t been able to confirm this, but I’m expecting the Ducks to go all-green:

Kuzlq3ql.jpg

*Side note: Anyone know why you can’t upload attachments anymore (at least on mobile)?

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

38 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That’s too bad. Do you know what color pants they’re wearing?

I haven’t been able to confirm this, but I’m expecting the Ducks to go all-green:

Kuzlq3ql.jpg

*Side note: Anyone know why you can’t upload attachments anymore (at least on mobile)?

I'll know later this afternoon/evening.

9 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

It’s their “Rockne Heritage” uniform they unveiled back in August:

notre-dame-rockne-jerseys-816x460.jpg

These uniforms are announced so far ahead sometimes I forget. End of season alternates should be announced a couple weeks before or at minimum a month beforehand 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

58 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

It’s their “Rockne Heritage” uniform they unveiled back in August:

notre-dame-rockne-jerseys-816x460.jpg

Anybody else love the helmets and cleats but find the rest of the uniform pointless? The uniform just looks generic with a retro logo slapped on there. 

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

Anyone know what ND has planned? 

Is that some sort of "sticker" or "wrap" that covers the entire helmet? Could an NFL team do this to their existing helmets to get around the "one helmet" rule? I think this helmet looks cool and I hope that more teams do the really old school alts and helmets next year.

8 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

Arizona is wearing the chrome red helmets at Oregon this weekend.

1 hour ago, kabbey520 said:

Arizona will be going chrome red/white/white at Oregon.

Really hoping we'd go Red/White/Blue, i know its unusual, but with our current white uniforms, I'd think it would look really good.

a2BRS8U.png

9 hours ago, ltp74 said:

Is that some sort of "sticker" or "wrap" that covers the entire helmet? Could an NFL team do this to their existing helmets to get around the "one helmet" rule? I think this helmet looks cool and I hope that more teams do the really old school alts and helmets next year.

It's a hydro-dipped paint scheme. HydroGraphics, Inc. does all of Oregon's and many many other team's helmets. I imagine these are by them as well, as HGI does ND's normal helmets now. 

It wouldn't work in the NFL due to turn-around time. It would take too long to completely strip a helmet, ship it off, have it dipped, shipped back, put back together, and good to go in less than a week.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

1 minute ago, Clintau24 said:

It's a hydro-dipped paint scheme. HydroGraphics, Inc. does all of Oregon's and many many other team's helmets. I imagine these are by them as well, as HGI does ND's normal helmets now. 

HGI actually hasn’t done Oregon’s helmets since the 2014/15 season, but they still work with many other schools, including Notre Dame. There was a

dispute between Oregon and HGI involving quality concerns and an unwillingness on HGI’s part to fix some of the issues raised by the Ducks’ EQ staff, so the Ducks took their business elsewhere starting with the 2015/16 season (which is also part of the reason why they got rid of the original winged helmets after 2014/15).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

HGI actually hasn’t done Oregon’s helmets since the 2014/15 season, but they still work with many other schools, including Notre Dame. There was a

dispute between Oregon and HGI involving quality concerns and an unwillingness on HGI’s part to fix some of the issues raised by the Ducks’ EQ staff, so the Ducks took their business elsewhere starting with the 2015/16 season (which is also part of the reason why they got rid of the original winged helmets after 2014/15).

Its funny that Oregon doesn't use them anymore, cause theyre just an hour and a half up the road from Eugene,and that was the school for HGI in the beginning. Here's every school that has worn/is wearing a HGI "dipped" helmet. They also made the much maligned "leather" Redskins helmets back in the day.

Archived