College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

UCLA vs. USC gets my vote for game of the year, in terms of uniforms. Both in classic uniforms, and the color on color makes it great.

FIFY. This matchup has always looked great when they’ve gone color on color, but especially now with UCLA’s new and improved UA set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 minutes ago, LakeShow24 said:

I believe last year the Trojans wore their home uniforms at the Rose Bowl against UCLA. So in today's uniform appearance this is the 2nd consecutive year where both teams are wearing their home uniforms against each other.

This is the 6th consecutive season where both teams are wearing their home uniforms against each other. The last time they didn’t go color on color was in 2011, when the Bruins wore these special all-white uniforms:

UCLA+v+USC+0nFPUMLTAwxl.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

This is the 6th consecutive season where both teams are wearing their home uniforms against each other. The last time they didn’t go color on color was in 2011, when the Bruins wore these special all-white uniforms:

Oh my mistake.

4ffh6gt.png

16 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon has gone towards the kelly green the past couple seasons as the default green.  About the only team using the dark green is the baseball team and even that is limited to one or two jerseys.

Ah okay, thanks. That's interesting they didn't make the change across all teams or make it official. I love the current shade of both. I've always been a huge fan of their unique uniforms and color schemes.

Has anyone noticed that yesterday's game at Duke was at least the second time this season Georgia Tech went white over gold on the road (the first time was at Clemson a few weeks ago). I thought that white over white was their default road combo, since they like wearing white over gold at home. At least they wear some kind of color jersey for their bowl game (like navy over gold when they played Mississippi State in the Orange Bowl three years ago).

16 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I guess UCLA learned their lesson since they lost that game 50-0

On 11/18/2017 at 11:13 PM, Mingjai said:

And this is from 2008:

2008-1206-USC-UCLA-007-RB-redblue1.JPG

They really should play this game in the afternoon every year.  So much better under the sun.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/18/2017 at 12:25 PM, upperV03 said:

^Yep, they’re doing their best Rams impression:

DO7X34iW4AI3xcK?format=jpg

By itself, the helmet is great. With the jerseys.... yeah the problem is that there is a mismatch with white and gold. Had WVU worn white jerseys or alternate jerseys with white numbers, it would have been better. Frankly, I'd love to see this helmet come back for a road game.

42 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

By itself, the helmet is great. With the jerseys.... yeah the problem is that there is a mismatch with white and gold. Had WVU worn white jerseys or alternate jerseys with white numbers, it would have been better. Frankly, I'd love to see this helmet come back for a road game.

I agree. Pair that helmet with the white jersey and either white or blue pants and that’s a solid alternate look imo

Since the Ducks have now gone yellow/green/yellow twice already this season, and since they’ve only worn the green helmets once, I’m hoping they break out the green/green/yellow combination for this weekend’s Civil War game:

aADLg2g.jpgIt would be somewhat of a callback to what they wore in the 2013 edition of the rivalry, a game that turned out to be one of the most interesting and exciting Civil Wars in recent memory, both in terms of the uniforms and the play on the field.

131129.mca_.ODE_.fbc_.OSU_.0414.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived