College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

thats 100% on the school. likely, the coach. im sure Nike is shaking their heads too

Do schools design their own helmets and order decals, masks, and shells directly from the helmet manufacturers?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Since the Ducks have now gone yellow/green/yellow twice already this season, and since they’ve only worn the green helmets once, I’m hoping they break out the green/green/yellow combination for this weekend’s Civil War game:

aADLg2g.jpgIt would be somewhat of a callback to what they wore in the 2013 edition of the rivalry, a game that turned out to be one of the most interesting and exciting Civil Wars in recent memory, both in terms of the uniforms and the play on the field.

131129.mca_.ODE_.fbc_.OSU_.0414.jpg

That is a beautiful match-up all around. Holy cow I love that. Maybe unpopular opinion though. 

WV needs to clean it up. Too many different helmets with too many different colored decals. I think they should have two helmets: classic navy with gold WV, white with gold WV. Only need three or four tops with two pants. Maybe Gold, Navy, White and Black uniforms with Navy and White pants? 

As a WVU fan, IMO, WVU needs this: 

2 Helmets: Blue and Gold

3 Uniforms: Blue, White, and Gold

3 Pants: Gold, White, Blue

Classic, and iconic. Keep it simple. Minimize black and no stupid helmet decal swaps like on Saturday. 

IxkieML.png

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Do schools design their own helmets and order decals, masks, and shells directly from the helmet manufacturers?

yea, looks like their regular helmet with a white mask and logo, no? i think that'd be easy enough to do. nice update to the avatar BTW!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

So Nevada made this poorly-advised move today. maybe they would look fine if they weren't matte, but the Nike Pro Combat number on the other side isn't helping either. Idk why but i thought of a child's coloring page when i first saw these.

As far as WVU goes, it just doesn't make any sense at all that they go as far away from their default uniforms as possible.  For years it was always...

Blue, Blue, Gold at home

Blue, White, Gold away.

They have worn these combinations a combined twice in 3 years.  

If they would go back to this being the default, it would then make it special when they would wear an alternate.

Just my opinion of course.

31 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I just realised that every team that has made the playoffs so far had been Nike. With Nike doing the crystal swoosh for playoff teams, do you think adidas and UA will do something special for Miami and Wisconsin if they make it?

Crystal TechFit?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

yea, looks like their regular helmet with a white mask and logo, no? i think that'd be easy enough to do. nice update to the avatar BTW!

I ask because I always wonder how many of these “alternate” helmet designs are provided by the manufacturer as part of the mix-n-match design concept, and how many are just a coach or equipment staff going rogue.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I just realised that every team that has made the playoffs so far had been Nike. With Nike doing the crystal swoosh for playoff teams, do you think adidas and UA will do something special for Miami and Wisconsin if they make it?

Either of those two copying what Nike does is never going to happen, even in a small gimmick like the diamond swoosh.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

3 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I think that Oregon may go all-green for the Civil War.

Definitely possible, especially since they’ve already worn the yellow pants four times this season, whereas they’ve only worn the green pants twice so far. Plus, they took the team photo in the fall in the green jersey/pants combo, so it’d be a bit odd for them to not actually wear that combo this year. I think they’ll definitely be in the green helmets since they’ve only used them once this year, but I’m hopeful they’ll go green/green/yellow as opposed to all-green, as I much prefer a more even distribution of the two colors for the Civil War.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

I ask because I always wonder how many of these “alternate” helmet designs are provided by the manufacturer as part of the mix-n-match design concept, and how many are just a coach or equipment staff going rogue.

because its such a mismatched helmet, its a give away to me that 1.) the manufacturer was not involved in this or 2.) they were and just filled the order with no influence on the design. swapping masks and replacing logos looks like all they did so i dont think they'd need anyone else involved in that. and i think WV have an all white helmet option too? easy enough to take those masks for one game. its a possibility there was a request to "do something new" and the equipment staff had to make due with what they had lying around —i'd say that describes this uniform pretty well, actually

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

10 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

because its such a mismatched helmet, its a give away to me that 1.) the manufacturer was not involved in this or 2.) they were and just filled the order with no influence on the design. swapping masks and replacing logos looks like all they did so i dont think they'd need anyone else involved in that. and i think WV have an all white helmet option too? easy enough to take those masks for one game. its a possibility there was a request to "do something new" and the equipment staff had to make due with what they had lying around —i'd say that describes this uniform pretty well, actually

It was 100% the school's choice, no doubt. West Virginia has had that set for years.

And as in almost all cases, a special order was made for the decals. I seriously doubt they are chosen solely because they had them on hand for no particular reason.

On 11/16/2017 at 2:41 PM, Tracy MidGrady said:

The players love the green

I think the green looks awesome, myself, as well...I've always liked it as part of the set...the 00-02 greens were some of my favorites.

Just a little strange to see the absence of orange, that's all. 

Archived