College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

Ohio State looks like :censored:. At least in the past when they’ve worn alternates for The Game, they still generally looked like Ohio State and the uniforms featured healthy doses of scarlet and gray. But from afar they don’t look like the Buckeyes at all today. It’s an absolute crime that they insist on ruining this classic matchup that always used to be one of the best matchups of the year, if not the best.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching some of these early games gives me a chance to think... I see Kansas and think to myself "Thank god for the basketball team" because not only do the Jayhawks suck on the field, their look with the dueling helmet logos sucks as well.

Tulane and SMU is a nice looking game IMO. SMU in black is weird, but I think the red chrome helmet makes it stand out more and of course people around here love them some Angry Wave.

East Carolina and Memphis isn't too bad... except for the dueling logos Memphis has. I hate this trend so... damn... much! It makes your school look very schizophrenic. Same to you, Florida.

Indiana and Purdue looks great. The Hoosiers have a new helmet today and boy, it looks great. Crimson 'I' and all.

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

Watching some of these early games gives me a chance to think... I see Kansas and think to myself "Thank god for the basketball team" because not only do the Jayhawks suck on the field, their look with the dueling helmet logos sucks as well.

Tulane and SMU is a nice looking game IMO. SMU in black is weird, but I think the red chrome helmet makes it stand out more and of course people around here love them some Angry Wave.

East Carolina and Memphis isn't too bad... except for the dueling logos Memphis has. I hate this trend so... damn... much! It makes your school look very schizophrenic. Same to you, Florida.

Indiana and Purdue looks great. The Hoosiers have a new helmet today and boy, it looks great. Crimson 'I' and all.

SMU is doing their best to make the Calgary Stampeders comparison even more obvious. Also, I don't much care for the angry wave as a helmet logo. 

Really cool animated video showing the growth and development of Autzen Stadium:

Oregon has been celebrating Autzen’s 50th anniversary all season, and this is a really nice video showing all of the changes it has undergone over the years. As a Ducks fan, there would be no better way to cap off Autzen’s 50th anniversary season than by stomping on the Beavs later today.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Video giving some more looks at today’s Oregon combo:

I’ll be curious to see if the nose bumpers feature the full color duck logo like what’s shown in this video, or if they’ll actually use the new monochromatic yellow duck head logos that were shown in the release images:

DPL0ImfVwAEtfNK?format=jpg

I’d much prefer the latter so it matches the monochromatic duck logos on the jersey and pants.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Wazzu/UW is a good looking game.  Huskies look good, and while this WSU look isn't my all-time fav, it's better than anthracite.

A lot of good looking games this weekend, and a lot of "so close but not bad".  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like that WAZZU's helmet are actually gray and not silvery. Kinda makes me wonder how Kansas State and/or Ohio State would look if they went that route with their helmets.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

48 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I’m sorry, but those Oregon uniforms today sucked. The green looked off and the matte helmet didn’t fit that uni IMO. 

Not sure what you mean about the green looking off, as it’s the same green they’ve been using all season and for the past several seasons now. And the helmets are an anodized satin finish, not matte. I thought they looked great today, although I certainly wouldn’t call it their best look of the season. Still a very solid combo, though.

DPh0AKVVQAEstVA?format=jpgDPhXRdqVQAAieuM?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Oregon in all green looked terrible. Add Oregon State in all white and it was like watching plastic foosball men. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

18 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Oregon in all green looked terrible. Add Oregon State in all white and it was like watching plastic foosball men. 

That’s a pretty good way to describe Oregon State’s performance yesterday (and all season, for that matter).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived