• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TheRealCoachCarter said:

was that Utah helmet the "shocker"? :D

No no, you're not doing it properly. 

holygrail-arthur-bevedere1.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

@ the jaguars, this is how you do a two-tone helmet properly. I love this helmet soooooo much

Technically, it's three-tone. The gold stripe breaks up the white and navy. 

But the real key is definite and delineated colors. No gradients. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

28 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Technically, it's three-tone. The gold stripe breaks up the white and navy. 

But the real key is definite and delineated colors. No gradients. 

yeah, youre right. it is 3. but yes i agree no gradients! 

AND NO CHROME!

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

The navy helmet has gold chrome..

Apart from the sheer stupidity of the Jags' helmet idea in-general, the main issue is the execution of an abrupt transition.. There's not much "fade" or "gradient" between the two colors or the two finishes.. It's a bad idea, but it could just be a bad helmet.. the execution makes it a TERRIBLE helmet

South Alabama will be dumping Nike for adidas. adidas, from what I've been told, was the highest bidder by far. USA is still a young program - first started football in 2010 - and have worn Nike the entire time.

New coaching staff coming in soon enough, new outfitter. New times for South

Also, South Alabama baseball has worn adidas in the past. This contract is school-wide.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

13 hours ago, djam2410 said:

Navy has hands-down had the best alternate jerseys over the past 5-10 years and I am pleased that UA was able to continue pushing out solid jerseys for them.

The Home/Away Army game set might be my favorite out of all of them though

usatsi_7614951.jpeg?itok=c-nCDKdu&timest

new-navy-uniform-nike-2012.jpg

The uniforms are nice, but the helmets with the photo-realistic F/A-18s don't work for me any more than the ships did a few years back. If anything, Middies should have matched the Blues' gold flight helmets, maybe with an added Blue Angels logo on the side.

92178_1280x720.jpg

blue-angels.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

4 hours ago, Mingjai said:

The uniforms are nice, but the helmets with the photo-realistic F/A-18s don't work for me any more than the ships did a few years back. If anything, Middies should have matched the Blues' gold flight helmets, maybe with an added Blue Angels logo on the side.

92178_1280x720.jpg

blue-angels.jpg

I think they should have gone gold/yellow helmets too. But maybe they wanted to contrast Army's gold helmets ? IDK. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

17 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The bad part of those Utah helmets is that in the top pic, it could easily be confused with Texas Tech's "Guns Up".

Actually, the worst part is that this hand gesture is far more associated with Miami than it is with Utah. Yes, I realize the Utes' version is slightly different - the casual college football fan still isn't going to notice the difference, though. I bet most non-Utes fans who watched the game were wondering why Utah's helmets were paying tribute to another school in another conference.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

7 hours ago, Mingjai said:

92178_1280x720.jpg

blue-angels.jpg

They might have been looking to get away from yellow helmets after last year's loss (ending the streak).

EP-312109652.jpg&q=80&MaxW=550&MaxH=400&

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'll have to see if I can dig up any tangible information, but local sources close to USF in Tampa say they'll be dropping UA for Adidas in 2018.

If it's truly $$$, and from recent changes I think it is, then good for the school but dear god please don't make the Bulls look like amateur garbage.

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I'll have to see if I can dig up any tangible information, but local sources close to USF in Tampa say they'll be dropping UA for Adidas in 2018.

If it's truly $$$, and from recent changes I think it is, then good for the school but dear god please don't make the Bulls look like amateur garbage.

Going to Adidas means they'll likely get amateurish uniforms.  Until they get away from the templates and materials that easily distort or look awful, they'll consistently be behind UA and Nike.

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Maybe unpopular opinion: I think UA did a great job with the green/athletic gold gradient unis.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, 406Cane said:

According to an adidas tweet, the Hurricanes are getting something new with the ACC title game this week, but I'm not sure what it is. 

Maybe a new version of the "305Ice" they've worn in the past? Miami is the away team this year, and nothing else really comes to mind.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived