College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, the lighting in Mercedes-Benz Stadium makes Georgia’s pants look especially light, and makes the jerseys look dingy and yellowish. From certain angles the pants almost look brighter and whiter than the jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

42 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Man, the lighting in Mercedes-Benz Stadium makes Georgia’s pants look especially light, and makes the jerseys look dingy and yellowish. From certain angles the pants almost look brighter and whiter than the jerseys.

There is indeed some yellowish light in that stadium.  Even the numbers on fans' jerseys seem to have a yellow tint to them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, walkerws said:

Akron has some non shockweb jerseys too. A special teams guy has like a base model uniform like you’d see small high schools and semipro teams wear. 

They're the Primeknits still. Unless you're saying certain players were wearing different jerseys from everyone else. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Georgia should be wearing red versus Auburn’s blues. 

It would look similar to this but with UGA in silver britches instead of red. 

byuuutah.jpg

No, it's technically their oldest rival but it looks best the way they are tonight.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Auburn-Georgia is always one of my favorite uniform matchups, regardless of who is home or away. Great looking game in the SEC.

Good to see Ohio State in their standard away uniform. Miles better than that alternate they wore last week. The game will be a little heavy on the red, but overall a good uniform match up. 

Clemson seems to always bring out the all orange in big games. I like that they're wearing them. Shows that it's game time. In a perfect world, Clemson in all orange vs Miami in all white should be a wacky/over-the-top uniform matchup. Instead, compared to all the chrome helmets and horrible alternates in the NCAA, this looks like a relatively tame uniform matchup. 

Color me content with all three of these games 

90758391980.gif

10 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Boise State in mono-blue (huge surprise there) vs Fresno State in mono-white. Good match-up IMO

I still think Fresno State looks best in their red "Bulldogs" helmets, whether home or away.  Oh well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yep, because a 3 point loss to a higher ranked USC team is definitely getting humiliated. 

I said that beforehand.

But I don't think that they would wear it for their bowl game after losing.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

1 minute ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Don’t hate.

Stanfords helmets yesterday were awesome. And the hype vid was fine. Let the kids be excited! 

Excited for something completely dumb and pointless?  I mean, your color is cardinal.  It's in your name.

I admit, I didn't even watch the hype video.  The thumbnail told me all that I need to know: the kids aren't all right.

13 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Excited for something completely dumb and pointless?  I mean, your color is cardinal.  It's in your name.

I admit, I didn't even watch the hype video.  The thumbnail told me all that I need to know: the kids aren't all right.

The kids aren’t uniform critics, they are football players. If they think it is awesome, so be it. I personally loved their reaction. People are knocking them for getting hyped up. Let them be excited.

I know they are the Cardinal. That doesn’t mean they HAVE to wear Cardinal every single game. The chrome silver was a nice change of pace. Traditionalists get their typical, classic Stanford unis while the kids get the cool helmet. You do realize they are aiming to please a group of 18-22 year olds, not some 45 year olds right?

13 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Don’t hate.

Stanfords helmets yesterday were awesome. And the hype vid was fine. Let the kids be excited! 

Glad to see the kids get hyped but a chrome red decal would've been better. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

53 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

The kids aren’t uniform critics, they are football players. If they think it is awesome, so be it. I personally loved their reaction. People are knocking them for getting hyped up. Let them be excited.

I know they are the Cardinal. That doesn’t mean they HAVE to wear Cardinal every single game. The chrome silver was a nice change of pace. Traditionalists get their typical, classic Stanford unis while the kids get the cool helmet. You do realize they are aiming to please a group of 18-22 year olds, not some 45 year olds right?

...Why not?

It's like being the Sun DEVILS and making your logo a pitchfork.

wait

that already happened

Archived