College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, kabbey520 said:

Just heard from someone who would know, & they said it won’t be happening at Arizona.

Considering we just re-signed our contract with nike, I wouldn't think we would've been a candidate anyways.

a2BRS8U.png

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't get it.  They're still just Nike uniforms.  Why the hell should anybody care if they swap out the usual swoosh for a different logo?

Good Lord, people can get themselves excited over the stupidest stuff.

While you're absolutely correct, kids freakin LOVE the Jumpman logo.. Also, Nike has a history of reserving the use of the Jumpman logo for its slightly higher end products (comparatively speaking).. I would compare it to Chevy/GMC, where you can get the same exact truck model in the most equivalent trim-level, but the GMC will cost slightly more and have a few more standard bells-and-whistles, thus giving the basic impression that GMC is a bit nicer than Chevrolet.. I think the same basic principle applies here, although like you said, it's literally the EXACT same uniform in this case, just with a different logo..

Plus.... RECRUITS 

7 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

While you're absolutely correct, kids freakin LOVE the Jumpman logo.. Also, Nike has a history of reserving the use of the Jumpman logo for its slightly higher end products (comparatively speaking).. I would compare it to Chevy/GMC, where you can get the same exact truck model in the most equivalent trim-level, but the GMC will cost slightly more and have a few more standard bells-and-whistles, thus giving the basic impression that GMC is a bit nicer than Chevrolet.. I think the same basic principle applies here, although like you said, it's literally the EXACT same uniform in this case, just with a different logo..

Plus.... RECRUITS 

I can affirm this. Everywhere in my school a ton of kids (usually the ones who like are obsessed with basketball) always are wearing "their Js". It's really crazy how some kids are obsessed with a certain brand. I know a couple people who are like this but with adidas. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

ExJworW.png

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't get it.  They're still just Nike uniforms.  Why the hell should anybody care if they swap out the usual swoosh for a different logo?

Good Lord, people can get themselves excited over the stupidest stuff.

It's not the uniforms, but more of the off the field perks. Offering a pair of Jordans to a kid will make a difference, and not just one, but multiple pairs, possibly exclusive releases. 

23 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

It's not the uniforms, but more of the off the field perks. Offering a pair of Jordans to a kid will make a difference, and not just one, but multiple pairs, possibly exclusive releases. 

Can't Nike schools wear Jordan shoes anyway? I've seen Michigan State basketball players wear Jordan shoes throughout the years.

Draymond Green:

rbptzhq7rpe9gdfcqgl6.jpg

Kalin Lucas:

qpb5mbb4uoevlxiof14r.jpg

2 hours ago, msu said:

Can't Nike schools wear Jordan shoes anyway? I've seen Michigan State basketball players wear Jordan shoes throughout the years.

Draymond Green:

rbptzhq7rpe9gdfcqgl6.jpg

Kalin Lucas:

qpb5mbb4uoevlxiof14r.jpg

It may be more exclusive in terms of the newer releases but I believe they can still do this.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, msu said:

Draymond Green:

rbptzhq7rpe9gdfcqgl6.jpg

Kalin Lucas:

qpb5mbb4uoevlxiof14r.jpg

I think they meant the Jordan teams give out team exclusive shoes to their players, you are just showing cases of players choosing to (possibly) buy and wear Jordans in game. That's allowed, but it isn't a perk like getting a pair of shoes that only was made for 20 people in the world.

14 hours ago, ThePeam said:

So I guess im going to stock up on UA apparel for USF when i see sale prices.

If Adidas fan gear is like Nike, it runs really snug and uncomfortable.

Archived