College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

The one game per year that I am okay with tacky, out of sorts, just plain stupidly crazy uniforms is Army-Navy. They can do what they want. I actually liked yesterday’s matchup. Thought it looked nice. 

JMU-Weber St was a great uniform matching IMO. Outside of the chrome Weber State logo, that was a nice matchup.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White FSU concept helmet from twitter 

DQo-oDxUMAA4der.jpg

I know they have teased wearing white helmets before but they barely wore the alternate helmet that came with their set. That decal would also work great with their current set the way it is shaded compared to the current home decal version 

Ignition-Tradition-Florida-State-Univers

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

On 12/9/2017 at 2:05 PM, _RH_ said:

I'm sure there are varying opinions about patriotism in logos etc, and I don't really mean to stir the pot...but damn these Navy helmets are tacky:

2nu6ayo.png

The jerseys/pants look nice though.

As someone who beats the drum against military propaganda patriotism in sports, the service academies are the obvious exception here.  If anyone should be doing it, it's them.  That said, these helmets are pretty terrible.  The graphics look like illustrations from a kids book about airplanes.

2 hours ago, Duck_Duck said:

As someone who beats the drum against military propaganda patriotism in sports, the service academies are the obvious exception here.  If anyone should be doing it, it's them.  That said, these helmets are pretty terrible.  The graphics look like illustrations from a kids book about airplanes.

I agree. I'd have preferred yellow helmets based on the ones the pilots wear like what Air Force did with their T-Birds jerseys. 

IUe6Hvh.png

14 minutes ago, See Red said:

I agree. I'd have preferred yellow helmets based on the ones the pilots wear like what Air Force did with their T-Birds jerseys. 

That's probably why Under Armour avoided doing this as they would be copying a Nike design idea.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

That's probably why Under Armour avoided doing this as they would be copying a Nike design idea.

I think so too, which is unfortunate since it's such an obvious route to take. 

IUe6Hvh.png

Has anybody heard anything about Nike doing diamond quest uniforms for the playoffs this year? In the past, they've released promo images by now, but I've not seen anything. It's possible that they don't feel like it's "newsworthy" anymore, each year the promo material has gotten less and less.

With Oregon wearing diamond swooshes during the regular season, I wondered if the days of the diamond swoosh being used in the CFP were over...

25 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

Has anybody heard anything about Nike doing diamond quest uniforms for the playoffs this year? In the past, they've released promo images by now, but I've not seen anything. It's possible that they don't feel like it's "newsworthy" anymore, each year the promo material has gotten less and less.

With Oregon wearing diamond swooshes during the regular season, I wondered if the days of the diamond swoosh being used in the CFP were over...

Oregon has actually worn beveled silver swooshes this season, not the diamond swooshes that Nike’s used for the CFP. They’re similar, but definitely different:

IMG_6943.JPG.eacf811d57f92b7d86bb62f6c9957758.JPG

2017-National-Championship-Alabama.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

43 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

Some of the items available now have the diamond swoosh, like this one. Sideline gear hasn't been available to the public yet, but they will probably have it as well.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

@upperV03 Ahhh! Never noticed that before. I assumed they were the same.

@BlackBolt3 Yeah, I saw the few pieces of fan gear that had them, but the longer Nike went without some kind of acknowledgement the more I doubted.

Edit: Right on cue, sideline gear is added to Nike.com, with the diamond swoosh: https://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/cfp-elite-clemson-mens-polo/pid-12328639/pgid-12376347

On 12/11/2017 at 10:52 PM, djam2410 said:

I am surprised they aren't using this as an opportunity to kickstart the Jordan gear for Oklahoma . They are essentially the same company anyway

I thought they might too, but I think it officially starts on 1 July, 2018.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Since the patches are on the jerseys, it looks like Boise State might be wearing blue for this Saturday’s Vegas Bowl:

DQ8YmZiVQAAwSBl?format=jpg

Oregon is the designated home team, so either the teams are going color on color (likely green vs. blue), or the Ducks decided to wear white. If it’s the latter, then I’d like to see them finally go with this combo:

ud6GaVU.jpg

However, I think the teams will probably go color on color. The last two Vegas Bowls have been color on color (see below), so that seems like the most likely scenario. 

9751536-donnel-pumphrey-ncaa-football-la25786927.jpg

If I had to venture a guess, I’d say Boise State will go all-blue and the Ducks will go with this combo:3iiCnRh.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Those would be pretty close, maybe black, yellow and black or green/yellow/green. 

They’re asking fans to wear green, so I doubt they’d go with a black and yellow combo. Plus, their yellow jerseys don’t have the Vegas Bowl patches on them, and their EQ staff said on Twitter last week that they had already put the patches on the game jerseys, so I’d say they’re either wearing the green or white jerseys (probably green). Of course there’s always a chance they’ll come out with something new, but I’m really not expecting them to.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

I believe  they'll be wearing white then, as kelly green and royal blue are somewhat close together in the color spectrum. 

Somewhat, but not close enough to where the two teams couldn’t go green vs. blue IMO. Plus there’s always a chance of Boise going with orange or white helmets and/or pants, and the Ducks going with yellow helmets/pants, or even chrome helmets and white pants. Even if they went all-blue vs. yellow/green/green though, I think there’d still be plenty of contrast.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived