College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

If Utah would've put the "Utah Stripe" on the helmets and pants (just straight, not extending onto the back) but kept the mountains pattern on the shoulders, the set would've looked great. But instead they have this which I think is a downgrade.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

New uniforms for Utah football...if it isn't broken. don't fix it.... i dont really like the pants on this set

and this also scares me for the Cal set also....which is set for a June 1st unveiling

<PICTURES OF UTAH'S SET>

Those Utah uniforms are really bad.  The sleeve caps, maybe too many stripes, etc.  The solid red helmet without stripes is just ugly.  Bring back the white facemask or add stripes.  This set is a downgrade.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Welp, the Pac-12 is 0-2 now with uniform makeovers this offseason, except for completely different reasons. WSU oversimplified while Utah did the opposite, at least with the pants. Hopefully the other schools in the conference strike the right balance.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

RE: Utah's Uniforms:

I like the inclusion of the stripes on the shoulder caps. I also like them extending about 7/8 the way down the pants like traditional football pants stripes should. But that contrasting bottom pants panel and back-bending stripe needs to go, like, yesterday.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

21 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Welp, the Pac-12 is 0-2 now with uniform makeovers this offseason, except for completely different reasons. WSU oversimplified while Utah did the opposite, at least with the pants. Hopefully the other schools in the conference strike the right balance.

This scares me for the Cal reveal in 2 weeks...hopefully we don't get that ugly stripe on our pants

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

1 hour ago, DustDevil61 said:

RE: Utah's Uniforms:

I like the inclusion of the stripes on the shoulder caps. I also like them extending about 7/8 the way down the pants like traditional football pants stripes should. But that contrasting bottom pants panel and back-bending stripe needs to go, like, yesterday.

Could say that's where the pants take....a turn for the worse.

The comment section is the most predictable thing on Earth. Three guarantees in life - death, taxes, and the populous of CCSL will hate every single new uniform ever unveiled. 

Utah's uniforms are flames. Love the pants. Those stripes are cool, new, and innovative. Wish they still made the NCAA football game. I'd play a season as Utah just to see these beauty's in action. 

13 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

The comment section is the most predictable thing on Earth. Three guarantees in life - death, taxes, and the populous of CCSL will hate every single new uniform ever unveiled. 

Utah's uniforms are flames. Love the pants. Those stripes are cool, new, and innovative. Wish they still made the NCAA football game. I'd play a season as Utah just to see these beauty's in action. 

Not as predictable as people using "adjectives" like the one you used to describe poorly designed and oftentimes ugly uniforms or uniform elements.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Not as predictable as people using "adjectives" like the one you used to describe poorly designed and oftentimes ugly uniforms or uniform elements.

To be fair, it was a noun used metaphorically, but your point still stands..

As for the uniforms, they REALLY missed the boat here with striping consistency alone.. All the striping patterns are blocked off with the exact same white stripes in the exact same location.. They could've (and should've) remained consistent in-between those white stripes.. Now, the black jerseys will look horrible paired with the red pants.. The red jerseys don't match black or white pants, and the white helmet has a striping pattern all its own that matches NOTHING.. this a swing and a miss, when it could've actually been a pretty sharp and innovative uniform

Utah completely missed with the pants. The stripes are fine, but the bottom insert completely ruins a solid new set. I would've like to have seen them go in a direction where they used the fauxback uniforms as a basis. The numbers on those were beautiful.

20170982848_e1f7781b96_o.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bolt957 said:

Utah completely missed with the pants. The stripes are fine, but the bottom insert completely ruins a solid new set. I would've like to have seen them go in a direction where they used the fauxback uniforms as a basis. The numbers on those were beautiful.

20170982848_e1f7781b96_o.jpg

Big missed opportunity by Utah to not use a well-done fauxback to create a better set of new uniforms.

8 hours ago, djam2410 said:

New uniforms for Utah football...if it isn't broken. don't fix it.... i dont really like the pants on this set

and this also scares me for the Cal set also....which is set for a June 1st unveiling

C_9RwyMVwAQVX8B.jpg

C_9TEOWUAAAfrd7.jpg

C_9VfWvUwAACBtn.jpg

Outside of that panel on the back of the leg, they really aren't too bad. I like the stripe consistency, and the overall design, but man, that leg design...... That's why I fought to keep our football team away from Under Armour uniforms.

45 minutes ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Outside of that panel on the back of the leg, they really aren't too bad. I like the stripe consistency, and the overall design, but man, that leg design...... That's why I fought to keep our football team away from Under Armour uniforms.

IMG_1025.JPG

Archived