College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Jack Holmes said:

Oklahoma has a slightly more pink-ish hue, at least to my eyes. They look a little brighter.

Ha, I was going to say OU might be a shade darker.  FWIW - It's the exact same jersey (folds, draping, and creases and what not are identical), just photoshopped with numbers and wordmarks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Ha, I was going to say OU might be a shade darker.  FWIW - It's the exact same jersey (folds, draping, and creases and what not are identical), just photoshopped with numbers and wordmarks.

the tag on the bottom right is slightly different but other than that, yes they do look like carbon copies 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Still no confirmation from Boise State, but it looks like they will indeed be going all-blue for tomorrow’s Vegas Bowl:

I personally don’t think there will be much of a contrast issue, and apparently the Vegas Bowl doesn’t either since they’re allowing Boise to go all-blue against Oregon’s chrome/green/green, but it’ll be interesting to see how it looks tomorrow. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

49 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

uhhhhh

I’m hoping those aren’t final designs, as we’ve seen a few schools preview really basic unis months before the actual unveiling.  If that is what they go with, the one with the navy number looks best, despite that ridiculous number stretching in the chest. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 12/14/2017 at 5:07 PM, WavePunter said:

To illustrate this point further, Alabama's "crimson" helmets and South Carolina's "garnet" helmets are both Riddell's "cardinal".. 

Got this info first hand from South Carolina's equipment manager (who was the top assistant at Bama before coming to SC)

This. It doesn’t really make sense for a manufacturer to stock two very slightly different fabric or shell colors, so even if, for example, one school used 201 and the other used 202, they’d likely use the same fabric and shell colors.

On 12/11/2017 at 8:45 PM, MJWalker45 said:

That's probably why Under Armour avoided doing this as they would be copying a Nike design idea.

Personally, I think the best option would have been a blue helmet with a tapered gold stripe to mimic the marking on the top of the aircraft; the one time a tapered stripe would work perfectly!

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

17 hours ago, JPDesign said:

They are identical. Both schools use Pantone 201 for their crimson color.

And what's more, official pantone colors are mostly just useful for print and media, but generally speaking, uniform color choices are typically limited to whatever the manufacturer offers.. So, while Nike might create a new fabric color for big clients with a unique color (like Texas's orange), it's safe to assume all of Nike's navy blue teams are wearing the same navy blue..

A couple of nice uni-related tributes for the Ducks today:

For those who don’t know, Crosby, Oregon’s star Senior left tackle, normally wears #73 and is from Henderson, Nevada, which is just outside of Vegas. Most of you are probably already aware of this, but 58 is the number of people who lost their lives in the Vegas shooting tragedy.

And then there’s also this little tribute:

Eugenio is a senior walk-on who was injured in practice this week, preventing him from playing today in what would’ve been his last career game.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, andycumbee19 said:

So now INJURED players get tribute decals.  Yep.  We've crossed into MDFMDS.  (Memorial Decal for Memorial Decal Sake) 

That's ridiculous 

I’m sorry, but if anything is ridiculous, it’s that opinion. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with honoring an injured teammate, especially when that player is a senior walk-on who’s been an integral part of the program for four years, and who got injured before his last career game.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived