College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

45 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I’m sorry, but if anything is ridiculous, it’s that opinion. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with honoring an injured teammate, especially when that player is a senior walk-on who’s been an integral part of the program for four years, and who got injured before his last career game.

Agree to disagree,  my friend

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/11/2017 at 2:10 PM, djam2410 said:

White FSU concept helmet from twitter 

DQo-oDxUMAA4der.jpg

I know they have teased wearing white helmets before but they barely wore the alternate helmet that came with their set. That decal would also work great with their current set the way it is shaded compared to the current home decal version 

Ignition-Tradition-Florida-State-Univers

Looks like FSU is indeed probably going down this route. I hope they do not opt for Ohio State style alternates.

Reading the comments there is also interesting. Seems most would be okay with garnet pants tossed in the rotation for road games 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Video giving some more looks at today’s Oregon combo:

And some shots of the locker room:

I’m definitely starting to come around on this combo the more that I see it. It’s certainly not their best look of the season, but another solid one nonetheless.

Edit- And a first look at the Ducks on the field today:

DRMUxOhUQAEVmEs?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Not uniform related, but found it interesting nonetheless. The Celebration Bowl (HBCU bowl now held at the new Mercedes Benz Stadium) is using the Atlanta United curtain system to decrease capacity.

The Bowl committee won’t un-ass enough money to put team names in the end zone?

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Not uniform related, but found it interesting nonetheless. The Celebration Bowl (HBCU bowl now held at the new Mercedes Benz Stadium) is using the Atlanta United curtain system to decrease capacity.

That is a cool view of the stadium.  Though I can't wait until the new and improved Atlanta stadium opens in 2030.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yep, it’s really well done. Easily the best logo in the bowl’s history. 

Brutal game to watch. Oregon's uniform bleeds into the field on sunny days (especially noon kicks). It may have been easier for the spotters, but the broadcast camera was shoddy. Plus, the 5/6/8/9/0 numerals are indistinguishable from anything but field level shots.

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Video giving some more looks at today’s Oregon combo:

And some shots of the locker room:

I’m definitely starting to come around on this combo the more that I see it. It’s certainly not their best look of the season, but another solid one nonetheless.

Edit- And a first look at the Ducks on the field today:

DRMUxOhUQAEVmEs?format=jpg

I'm not a fan of the monochrome but I can look past that. However I cannot look past how bad the chrome lids look with the bright green and gold.

16 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they were all white it would have worked.

They did that twice this season, and it did look pretty sharp:

21992697_605747682882763_698802438035817

I actually thought the chrome/green/green looked pretty good though in the bright Vegas sun. The silver swooshes they’ve used this season do a nice job of tying in the chrome helmets to the rest of the uniform pieces. I would’ve preferred chrome/green/white yesterday, but I thought what they went with was still pretty solid:

-48d8f6ad6ebca7f7.JPG

And even though the result of the game was really dissapointing as a Ducks fan, I thought the matchup was really aesthetically pleasing:

nvjl103-ap.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

23 hours ago, WSU151 said:

That is a cool view of the stadium.  Though I can't wait until the new and improved Atlanta stadium opens in 2030.

You think it’ll take that long? I have to imagine Mr. Blank and his staff already have scouted out some land for a new place already. 

Washington is practicing in the gold chrome helmets, so I assume that's what we will see in the Fiesta Bowl.

They have not worn the gold chrome since the 2015 season. 

They wore gold chrome their last bowl game in Arizona after the 2014 season, the 2015 Cactus Bowl where they lost to Oklahoma State.

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

On 12/17/2017 at 2:21 PM, SJAnfield said:

You think it’ll take that long? I have to imagine Mr. Blank and his staff already have scouted out some land for a new place already. 

Maybe he could just build next door in the new space that just opened up...

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Auburn announced 3D Bumpers will now adorn the back bumper. Nose bumpers were added in the spring.

I was expecting to see this come next season, so a little interesting to test it out now.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Boise State needs to change it up helmet wise IMO. They use that blue helmet every game I see them play. I know, its awesome when teams have one, great helmet. But I frankly don’t think that Boise helmet is great. Its just okay. Having the oversized bronco on one side, then those tiny numbers just doesn’t look right. I’m okay with them wearing them once in a while, but Boise State needs to mix it up. Here’s how I would do it. Just my opinion. 

Current blue. Bronco/number

White version of the helmet above

Orange version of helmet above

Blue helmet with normal sized logo on each side

Black helmet with gray chrome bronco

Archived