College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

26 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

So far the fields for all three CFP National Championship games have had black endzones for both teams:

College-Football-Playoff-Field.pngGettyImages_504629696_knatcfbt_93v6m105.2017-National-Championship-Game-field-2.

Regardless of which teams make it this year, I’d be shocked if they don’t go with the black endzones again.

Yeah, I think the CFP is sticking with that look for their title game look. 

The semis still operate as a bowl, and less as an entity of the CFP.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy that TCU won tonight! Great game playing wise, but I thought it was an interesting uniform matchup. The black and purple of TCU against the all white Stanford. I like it when TCU wears those purple frogskin helmets with the black. Although I would have liked to see TCU in monochrome purple, I liked tonights combos and the overall look. Not incredible, but pretty darn good.

17 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

Wake Forest always frustrates me with their plain "WF" logo on their helmets. Wish they'd use a different font or use the Demon Deacon 

The WF is classic. I would love to see the Deacon on a matte black helmet or a white helmet once or twice a year. But the WF is very recognizable for an otherwise forgettable football program. 

For the probably three or four people who might care about Utah State, they got a new helmet on for the Arizona Bowl against New Mexico State... it's another conflicted helmet, of course (Why that's popular, I will never know). It's a blue helmet with a silver outlined version of their bull logo on one side and silver numbers on the other.

1 hour ago, Jimmy's Brother said:

Kind of late but did anyone notice the Quicklanes Bowl game's end zones? the game was between Northern Illinois and Duke, but both end zones were blue. Kind of weird. I'l look for a picture

They were blue because Quicklane’s colors are blue and orange and they are Ford service, who uses also blue.

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

For the probably three or four people who might care about Utah State, they got a new helmet on for the Arizona Bowl against New Mexico State... it's another conflicted helmet, of course (Why that's popular, I will never know). It's a blue helmet with a silver outlined version of their bull logo on one side and silver numbers on the other.

Kind of surprised it was new. Pretty sure that practically every team typically outside of the national title picture has done that one by now. There are a lot of bad trends in college football aesthetics, but the giant logo on one side, number on the other is probably my least favorite.

I would also like to say that I really like the wolf logo NC State used on its helmets. I wasn't keen on it before, but I've warmed up to it. The block S with tiny NC just seems a bit too generic.

2 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

Given the deep blue color of the lions endzones I’m guessing that the turf is actually blue not painted blue. Then ford field probably doesn’t want to end up like Lucas and have new turf taped to used turf (big 10 champ game). 

I want to say they did this for the MAC Championship as well, but gold lettering for Toledo and Akron.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

41 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I can't really tell, but are USC's facemarks gold or grey? I know they've been grey for years, but as I watch the Cotton Bowl tonight, it REALLY looks like they have a gold shade to them. Am I the only one seeing this?

I see it too. Not on all of them. Watching the offense right now I only see it on Darnolds. Could just be how they did his mask

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

Archived