College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I can't really tell, but are USC's facemarks gold or grey? I know they've been grey for years, but as I watch the Cotton Bowl tonight, it REALLY looks like they have a gold shade to them. Am I the only one seeing this?

It's a metallic grey with a gold-tinted clear-coat that gives it a gold/grey transition look.. Darnold's is definitely more gold than others though 

16 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

There's gonna be a lot of red & white in this playoff. :unsure:

Fun fact: There still has not been a team with blue in its color scheme in the playoff. Nine teams have participated: Oregon, Ohio State, Florida State, Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Michigan State, Washington, and Georgia.

Diamond endzones for tonight’s Orange Bowl:

DSTy5nCU8AE1rIW?format=jpg

The Dolphins are having their second throwback game tomorrow, so this makes it a bit easier on the ground crew. Interesting that there’s only seven diamonds rather than the usual eight, though:

DQysxwHUEAAjkg2.jpg:large

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Adidas is using the Army All-American game to roll our their new template, the "Primeknit A1". They got rid of the tire tread pattern (thank the lord) and replaced it with a slightly more subtle "freshly plowed field" texture. The cut of the sleeve caps remains the same, but there are now perforations at the base of the collar.

Overall, its a much-needed improvement.

adidas-primeknit-a1-football-uniforms-03

adidas-primeknit-a1-football-uniforms-02

adidas-primeknit-a1-football-uniforms-01

It's a step up from the tire tread pattern, but until Adidas finally comes to their senses and stops using that stretchy fabric that warps all the design elements, their uniforms will always look worse than Nike's and Under Armour's. The template they currently use for the CFL still looks better than that.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I wonder if the CFL has exclusivity to it since no one in the NCAA used it this year.

I highly doubt the CFL would use it. They've had the same weird cheap Adidas template for two years since Adidas became the official uniform supplier and it doesn't seem like the league is giving any better quality templates a try.

29 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I highly doubt the CFL would use it. They've had the same weird cheap Adidas template for two years since Adidas became the official uniform supplier and it doesn't seem like the league is giving any better quality templates a try.

I meant the template the CFL uses. The new one will probably replace all Techfit and Primeknit jerseys going forward. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

I normally don’t like chrome helmets, but Louisville’s cherry red helmets are gorgeous to look at.

Louisville-Mississippi State is probably about as good of an Adidas uniform matchup as you’re going to get (maybe Miami-MSU). Glad to see State get the win in traditional Maroon-Maroon-White. And I agree, Louisville’s chrome red helmets are really nice.

899867686.jpg?w=768

10 minutes ago, pscf3 said:

Louisville-Mississippi State is probably about as good of an Adidas uniform matchup as you’re going to get (maybe Miami-MSU). Glad to see State get the win in traditional Maroon-Maroon-White. And I agree, Louisville’s chrome red helmets are really nice.

899867686.jpg?w=768

I could like Louisville's black chrome lids if you could see the logos on them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Diamond endzones for tonight’s Orange Bowl:

DSTy5nCU8AE1rIW?format=jpg

The Dolphins are having their second throwback game tomorrow, so this makes it a bit easier on the ground crew. Interesting that there’s only seven diamonds rather than the usual eight, though:

Unless they color the diamonds this will be a pretty crappy look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Since we are on the subject of bowl game end zones, I’d say we should keep an eye on the Outback Bowl Monday.  The Bucs are home  Sunday for a 425pm game and the Outback Bowl starts noon Monday.  

In the past, a Tampa Bay wordmark in Bucs script has been used, as seen in the pic below 

2008-outback-bowl6-730x350.jpg

Archived