College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly the final discussion of this thread?

Here's a lot of the championship gear.

Kings of Confetti is rather silly, I think. The 17 Championships logo is rather odd, as well. They have a few phone cases with glitter on the back. The glitter is all gold and white confetti looking, which is really clever.

oD14e39.jpg 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The 17 Titles thing is gaudy. I know from my own fandom that Nebraska has 5 claimed titles and 9 more unclaimed, which would put us at 14 total. I'm sure every other school is the same, except most choose to only recognize their undisputed, legitimate titles. 

Getting real tired of Bama and Notre Dame acknowledging their 83 championships as awarded by the Press Association of Barber Colleges. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

9 hours ago, pianoknight said:

The 17 Titles thing is gaudy. I know from my own fandom that Nebraska has 5 claimed titles and 9 more unclaimed, which would put us at 14 total. I'm sure every other school is the same, except most choose to only recognize their undisputed, legitimate titles. 

Getting real tired of Bama and Notre Dame acknowledging their 83 championships as awarded by the Press Association of Barber Colleges. 

Is it really that bad? Alabama has been named the AP and/or Coaches poll champion in 12 seasons. I'd say any time either the AP or the Coaches poll gives you a national championship, then those 12 are legit. I mean if they aren't then Nebraska's 1997 title would be in doubt, and I know you don't think that.

So besides those 12 AP and/or Coaches championships, Alabama claims five more, four of which pre-date the AP and Coaches polls. Let's look at the four seasons they claim prior to the polls being invented. In three of them they went 10-0 and won the Rose Bowl. In the other they went 9-0-1 and tied the Rose Bowl. I'd say those four claims look legit. 

The one they do claim that is probably an issue is 1941 when they went 9-2. So they claim 17 when they probably should only claim 16. Not that bad really.

22 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Bama didn't beat them

Bama also didn't beat Oregon, Boise State, Purdue, Tulane, Boston College, Dartmouth, or Hoover High School.. Because none of them were on the schedule.. Not sure what your point is.. RichardWitham stated that UCF beat BOTH Bama and Auburn, which they did not, since they didn't beat Bama..

7 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Bama also didn't beat Oregon, Boise State, Purdue, Tulane, Boston College, Dartmouth, or Hoover High School.. Because none of them were on the schedule.. Not sure what your point is.. RichardWitham stated that UCF beat BOTH Bama and Auburn, which they did not, since they didn't beat Bama..

UCF beat Auburn, Auburn beat Bama, therefore, UCF "beat" Bama, is what they're saying (I think, I hope... I don't know).

10 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

I think he's going triangle theory

4 hours ago, Jack Holmes said:

UCF beat Auburn, Auburn beat Bama, therefore, UCF "beat" Bama, is what they're saying (I think, I hope... I don't know).

Perhaps, but it definitely wasn't stated that  way.. The way it was stated was completely incorrect, since you can't beat a team you don't play.. If the triangle theory applies, then Bama beat Auburn 3 times by beating Clemson, LSU, and Georgia..

On 1/10/2018 at 9:29 PM, WavePunter said:

Roll wave! Print the shirts!

gYH2mW9.png

Side note, if Tulane plays Alabama what's the result?  A big ol' wave of poop brown color?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived