College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i think he may be referring to the stripes on each like-colored uniform piece— white jersey, white pants, etc. 

If the white helmet is "like-colored" with the rest of the white set, it's still off.. The solution was already there, and they found a way to screw it up.. It's just bad.

And I'm not of the opinion that striping always has to be EXACTLY the same to match.  

For example, the Dolphins' striping is very consistent in use, appearance, and application - adjusting the colors accordingly to achieve a cohesive look.. But the changes in color are appropriate, expected, and somewhat forced by the style of the striping.. Utah's striping however, is blocked by the two white outer stripes on every single piece of cloth (helmet being different altogether).. The entire striping pattern could've remained unchanged across the set, which would've allowed an exponentially better result when they mix-and-match pants and jerseys, but instead it will be a complete mess.. Throw in the oddball helmet striping, and you could have up to 3 disjointed striping patterns on the same player at any given time..

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Not as predictable as people using "adjectives" like the one you used to describe poorly designed and oftentimes ugly uniforms or uniform elements.

If anyone would know poorly designed and ugly uniforms, it'd be Oregon for sure. 

30 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

If anyone would know poorly designed and ugly uniforms, it'd be Oregon for sure. 

Ha, that's cute. "Poorly designed" doesn't accurately describe the majority of Oregon's uniforms. They've had some clunkers for sure, and I'll be the first one to acknowledge that and call them out on it, but most of their uniforms (especially the 2012-2015 Speed Machine and Mach Speed sets) have been pretty nice and have produced a number of beautiful combinations:

IMG_4199.JPG.cfe3fb5a2baa7bee392bcff8f7d80ab4.JPGIMG_4200.thumb.JPG.79f1bdc5b579576f75dd7b077f574eae.JPGIMG_4201.thumb.JPG.b733b850c214efef25ac66b5249d13d5.JPGIMG_4202.JPG.4dee95195017fdaa2bd273e670143035.JPGIMG_4203.JPG.b41b024ce64d4fcd84859d7c46ca9752.JPGIMG_4204.thumb.JPG.2f3397f3457df74e276cf097cbad864c.JPGIMG_4205.JPG.d88bce187ebaf15ebc7b905d1ac08af4.JPGIMG_4206.thumb.JPG.b1c38b18e9eec63789eee6e30aacbed4.JPGIMG_4207.thumb.JPG.16e101d621747a8c205eb9e3b7b26735.JPGIMG_4208.thumb.JPG.6c2c6ffd16dba0ae62fa526bc8968d82.JPG

Are Oregon's uniforms garish? Sure, some of them at least. Unorthodox? Absolutely. But poorly designed? Like I said, outside of some clunkers they've almost all been smartly and thoroughly designed. Most of the problems that Oregon's uniforms have had, specifically in the last couple of seasons, have revolved around a lack of cohesiveness and consistency in their sets which has been the by-product of a number of one-off uniforms. Even their uniforms last season, while admittedly not the best they've had, still produced some memorable and nice combos:IMG_4210.JPG.c6132ddc30992f817a5f1aaf6759bd26.JPGIMG_4211.thumb.JPG.c1b94c67ccd643e5fdb1113ed091bf9e.JPG

IMG_4209.JPG.c35b3cc6c8e7bc3de0c7a628866acfeb.JPG

You can think Oregon's uniforms are ugly if you want, and some of them have bordered on that territory, but that's mainly a problem with the mixing and matching with the different combos, colors, and design elements rather than the actual designs themselves.

But anyways, even when Oregon has had some unfortunate combos and one-offs, I haven't been quick to judge them as being "flames" or "fire" or whatever pseudo-adjectives you and many others have to describe poorly designed uniforms like Utah's new set. If by "flames" you mean they deserve to go up in flames, specifically the pants, then I wholeheartedly agree with you.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Tulane going Angry wave at midfield this season. Awesome, but really wished it contrasted from the grass more. 

IMG_1042.JPG

The second color of turf looks awful. On tv it looks brown. Why would they choose that?

5 hours ago, kyler8105 said:

The second color of turf looks awful. On tv it looks brown. Why would they choose that?

I love when entities do this.  How dumb can they be?  Not only did they put a green logo on green turf, the primary backdrop for the logo is the darker shade of green, providing even less contrast.

16 hours ago, FSUViking said:

The comment section is the most predictable thing on Earth. Three guarantees in life - death, taxes, and the populous of CCSL will hate every single new uniform ever unveiled. 

Utah's uniforms are flames. Love the pants. Those stripes are cool, new, and innovative. Wish they still made the NCAA football game. I'd play a season as Utah just to see these beauty's in action. 

We don't hate things that are new and innovative, we hate things that suck. This is one of them. 

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Tulane going Angry wave at midfield this season. Awesome, but really wished it contrasted from the grass more. 

IMG_1042.JPG

Is the T logo painted gray underneath the Angry Wave, and are the black splotches bits of rubber?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 hours ago, bowld said:

Those Utah uniforms are hideous. Why get rid of the mountain range pattern?

UA likes to refresh unis for football every so often...wouldn't be surprised to see edits for USF, South Carolina, and some of the other UA teams have changes for 17.

1 minute ago, AstroBull21 said:

UA likes to refresh unis for football every so often...wouldn't be surprised to see edits for USF, South Carolina, and some of the other UA teams have changes for 17.

South Carolina technically refreshed their uniforms last year by changing templates. I could see Texas Tech and South Florida as well as UAB changing up uniforms this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I hate to speculate but Texas Tech has been making heavy use of the new end zone font across all sports graphics. A part of me wonders if this is a sign of a redesign we don't know about yet. I wouldn't mind it. 

IMG_0499.JPG

Midway.png

31 minutes ago, Midway said:

I mean, we already have the perfect uniform we just need to make em permanent. 

IMG_0500.JPG

These are what I meant. Just move the stripes on to the sleeves and you're done!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived