College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I spent some time working for an apparel company, where I learned that moisture wicking material is actually the result of the material being chemically treated, rather than the type of material itself, so you could create moisture wicking dazzle material.. Also, if it were such a drastic difference in performance, we wouldn't have seen this level of success from teams in older products (Raiders playing their best football in over a decade, Dallas having best record in the league, Packers going deep into playoffs, Panthers and Falcons making Super Bowl appearances)..

Granted, I don't have much experience with Nike uniforms, I can attest that our old Adidas dazzle practice pants are no heavier than our new Adidas game pants or Under Armour game pants from 2 years ago, and the dazzle material is more stretchy, and some guys actually find it more comfortable.. So, I'm not gonna buy Nike's marketing nonsense just yet..

And again, as stated, the initial question didn't ask about new materials or Nike.. It just asked if these pants are still available, which they are.. That's all I'm saying 

Raiders switched to newer nike materials just before their recent success.

The last two super bowl losers wore older material uniforms, personally i don't think it makes a huge difference, but i'm sure the newer stuff is more comfortable. But Nike can make the argument that those losing teams may have been at a disadvantage due to their uniforms being outdated. 

6 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Wonder what "unforseen circumstances" would necessitate a uniform unveiling being pushed back a full week instead of a day or two.

i assume its not anything with the uniforms, but something with the event or whatever they have planned for that day.

or maybe, the helmets got lost in the mail

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

58 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

The last two super bowl losers wore older material uniforms, personally i don't think it makes a huge difference, but i'm sure the newer stuff is more comfortable. But Nike can make the argument that those losing teams may have been at a disadvantage due to their uniforms being outdated. 

Not pants

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

That argument is not really valid, considering they made it to the Super Bowl despite "being at a disadvantage" the entire season.

8 hours ago, Midway said:

Looks like the silver britches rumor is dead in the water?

What, that they'll eventually be shiny silver but remain matte gray? I'm cool with the gray as long as they get the right shade. Sometimes the gray is too pale. They should darken it up a couple shades. Even Herschel Walker wore matte gray pants.

This is the best update so far this offseason. I only with they would lose the gray/silver/chrome and move away from the giant helmet logo. I love the orange jersey with the blue collar and the white jersey is one of the best newer looks in college football.

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

Too bad they still insist on using the giant chrome helmet logo on one side and numbers on the other side since it's a rather nice update.  Also, the lack of consistency with regards to the use of white and chrome/silver is something that caught my eye a bit, but not a complete deal breaker.

RE: Boise Sate

Pros:

• Sleeve Stripes.
  • Consistency between the 3 colors.

Cons:

• Gray instead of white.
  • Italic font.
  • Over sized logo.
  • Mismatch logos on sides of helmet.
  • Words on pants.
  • "Blue collar" on the inside of the collar.
  • Chrome facemasks.
  • Chrome helmet logos.

Did I miss anything?

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

New Boise State uniforms:

IMG_4605.thumb.JPG.7d1c7e1ed6de858b906c3d2854ff5ebe.JPGIMG_4604.thumb.JPG.d65221354abea44f4854dc9c6c5b496c.JPGIMG_4603.thumb.JPG.4b261f16bcf3ad1379c3b63ac91bde96.JPGIMG_4606.thumb.JPG.afc0acba3f5595f89fbd1c93ab2ac512.JPGIMG_4610.thumb.JPG.c3c7e3115426eeb8ecce8ae341401733.JPGIMG_4608.thumb.JPG.52efc6a06f44b0566f4e6c3a053f6fdb.JPGIMG_4609.thumb.JPG.6268e818373e35747c7332ee85499811.JPGIMG_4607.thumb.JPG.9d4d6b36038c9800ae275148d9b323ac.JPGIMG_4615.thumb.JPG.36f1896db1d7ff33737b336f9a77dfe9.JPGIMG_4613.thumb.JPG.94e4fd4e5554d0597e96f4a2de9175ee.JPGIMG_4614.thumb.JPG.4f670394c9675027feae939926936e4a.JPGIMG_4612.thumb.JPG.aa5cdd5cc4e77497c5f71fd4e2e841a0.JPG

Aside from the pants word mark (which isn't a huge deal IMO), I think these are awesome, Im just hoping they keep black off of them!

a2BRS8U.png

Archived