College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Who the hell gave the OK to showcase those uniforms with no pads? Good god it looks like they're adults showcasing kids t-shirts.

That's because it's just a recruit taking some pictures for the school to make personalized graphics. (Well, I'm about 90%sure.) Everyone does it. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Who the hell gave the OK to showcase those uniforms with no pads? Good god it looks like they're adults showcasing kids t-shirts.

Rutgers really can't do ANYTHING right. There is not a single school in the entire country that is more out of its league than them. This is just par for the course.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

1 hour ago, JTernup said:

Rutgers really can't do ANYTHING right. There is not a single school in the entire country that is more out of its league than them. This is just par for the course.

I'll argue they've fared better in football than Maryland. But at least the Terps brought hoops into the B1G.  Rutgers was a money play for sure although their claim to being the birthplace of collegiate football does fit the "legacy" vibe of the Big Ten. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

In 3 years Rutgers has won 12 games in the B1G in football and basketball combined. That is impressively bad!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Just now, Clintau24 said:

Possible first look at the new Cal football pants. Sather stripe added to the side, not the front thigh like we feared

Hopefully they are constant all the way down, and not some funky curvy nonsense around the calves.  Also wonder if they will have yellow/gold pants as well.

Under Armour continues to impress me with this Cal update.  UCLA's new look will be here in what, five days?  Excited for that too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

50 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Possible first look at the new Cal football pants. Sather stripe added to the side, not the front thigh like we feared

It looks good but how do you mess up the address from California to West Virginia?

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

16 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Update: Traditional striping, thankfully

Can someone explain to me what the "slather stripe" has to do with Cal? I'm currently not a fan of the look but maybe if there is some reference to it and not just a series of chopped up lines I might understand it better.

6 minutes ago, dont care said:

Can someone explain to me what the "Sather stripe" has to do with Cal? I'm currently not a fan of the look but maybe if there is some reference to it and not just a series of chopped up lines I might understand it better.

It's a design element that Under Armour created for Cal that incorporates features found on the Sather Tower, a famous building on their campus.

http://www.calbears.com/news/2017/5/31/athletics-news-the-story-of-the-sather-stripe.aspx

18 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

It's a design element that Under Armour created for Cal that incorporates features found on the Sather Tower, a famous building on their campus.

http://www.calbears.com/news/2017/5/31/athletics-news-the-story-of-the-sather-stripe.aspx

That seems to be one of the worst cases of Nike speak I've come across. I have tried to see something resembling that stripe in the tower but I just can't, 

1 hour ago, dont care said:

That seems to be one of the worst cases of Nike speak I've come across. I have tried to see something resembling that stripe in the tower but I just can't, 

Its better than the Cincinnati abominations that they came up with... but still not great.  Would have been better if the 2 skinny line were just 1 thick line.

On 6/25/2017 at 2:14 PM, Midway said:

Here here. BYU's current aways are actually my all time favorite football uniform, but the royal isn't a bad option either. 

[image of BYU's inferior uniforms]

So, you're the one! I certainly don't hate BYU's current look, but simply prefer the old royal uniforms. It could always be worse, they could still be using the bibs (or navy and gold in general).

pwcOXpb.jpg

55 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

So, you're the one! I certainly don't hate BYU's current look, but simply prefer the old royal uniforms. It could always be worse, they could still be using the bibs (or navy and gold in general).

pwcOXpb.jpg

Ah yes. That was around the time that everyone was adding colors and piping in places they shouldn't go. 

Perhaps it's the simple elegance of it or the way they remind me of field missionaries but something about BYU football looks very appropriate to me and that's about all I can ask for. 

Midway.png

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

pwcOXpb.jpg

Frankly, it looks better than what we see from Nike nowadays.

14 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Frankly, it looks better than what we see from Nike nowadays.

That uniform was deemed illegal after that game because it wasn't able to easily identify it as a home or away jersey having so much white on the front

Archived