College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

3 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

Not sure why I only now noticed the "U" being capitalized, but that is going to really bug me now.  Why would an acronym not all be capitalized?

Because it's cursive. It's virtually impossible to write UCLA in cursive and make it look good.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/2/2017 at 10:11 PM, andrewharrington said:

I think it all comes down to what that stripe looks under the arm, how it terminates and wraps under. Maybe it just doesn’t look right when it’s done that way.

At least 2 of the stripes would terminate at the cuff.. But anything is better than just arbitrarily terminating at a seam or other random location

On 7/3/2017 at 9:14 PM, WavePunter said:

At least 2 of the stripes would terminate at the cuff.. But anything is better than just arbitrarily terminating at a seam or other random location

Considering the original state of the stripes in 1954 via A blog post on a couple details the 1954 UCLA uniforms the point that the stripes terminate, and are not necessarily hoops going all the way around is a key one, since hoops seem historically been hit or miss at the very best. I do think if you're weighing properties of the stripes, getting under the arm is probably the least important of the traits in the post-sleeve world. Getting to the cuff is as close as might be attainable. The more I waded through pictures over time, the more stripe width consistency end to end really is the key.

4 minutes ago, 406Cane said:

http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/07/06/miami-hurricanes-football-adding-black-and-green-jerseys-for-2017/

Hurricanes to wear black and green variations of their uniforms this year. 

19748797_10156390763318242_1001190477481442530_n.jpg

19756371_10156390437418242_4553714225319708842_n.jpg

Just when I was starting to think Mark Richt had a head on his shoulders when it came to unis.

As long as they keep the helmets the way they should be, and stick with the orange/white combo the majority of the time, I'm happy. I've always been a fan of the Hurricanes green jerseys, too, though I don't care much for the BFBS stuff.

11 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Green jerseys are totally ok and I always loved those that the early 2000s Canes teams wore. The black is not a great move, but it will depend on the execution as to whether it's passable or not.

The Dorsey-era green ones have always been one of my all-time favorites, though the set they have now (and the ones those are based off of) are probably my current ones. Hopefully they don't give the black jerseys black helmets to go with them. 

I'm gonna play with fire here and say that Miami looks boring. Although there's nothing wrong with the traditional look, there was a time when they used to be the poster child of good modern designs and it fit the attitude of the program perfectly. I also vastly prefer them in green to orange :P 

Midway.png

Those green jerseys could be so much worse but at least they're in the traditional template. 

Those black jerseys, though...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, Midway said:

I'm gonna play with fire here and say that Miami looks boring. Although there's nothing wrong with the traditional look, there was a time when they used to be the poster child of good modern designs and it fit the attitude of the program perfectly. I also vastly prefer them in green to orange :P 

Those days ended about the time Randy Shannon was fired. They tried modern design with adidas and it looked like colored duct tape and tinfoil. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Midway said:

I never cared for the piping/yoke, but I did love that number font.

Image result for 2001 miami hurricanes

38 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Image result for 2001 miami hurricanes

Always thought the Dorsey era Miami uniforms would have looked a lot better had the pants stripe ran straight down the leg instead of tapering.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Can someone help me determine what color stripe is on the new blue/red Arizona jersey? 

The red jersey has a blue stripe on the shoulder. The other stripe appears to be purple? 
The blue jersey has a red stripe on the shoulder. The other stripe appears to be purple?

I attached an image with arrows pointing to the stripe in question. 

What the heck color is that? It's certainly NOT a school color!

Why not use a white stripe? In my opinion, white would look SO MUCH better! The outlines of the numbers on the blue/red jersey would also look better with white piping!  

I have been waiting years for a new Arizona football uniform, and unfortunately other than the white jersey and new blue matte helmet with red block A, these new uniforms are a complete fail. 

I've already emailed the Arizona athletic director with a suggestion to have a  "Desert Swarm Throwback" uniform, the same home uniforms Arizona wore during 92-94. In my opinion, those are the best uniforms Arizona has ever had. 

DDW1YgcUIAAdp67.jpg

29 minutes ago, Filthy Cats said:

Can someone help me determine what color stripe is on the new blue/red Arizona jersey? 

The red jersey has a blue stripe on the shoulder. The other stripe appears to be purple? 
The blue jersey has a red stripe on the shoulder. The other stripe appears to be purple?

I attached an image with arrows pointing to the stripe in question. 

What the heck color is that? It's certainly NOT a school color!

Why not use a white stripe? In my opinion, white would look SO MUCH better! The outlines of the numbers on the blue/red jersey would also look better with white piping!  

I have been waiting years for a new Arizona football uniform, and unfortunately other than the white jersey and new blue matte helmet with red block A, these new uniforms are a complete fail. 

I've already emailed the Arizona athletic director with a suggestion to have a  "Desert Swarm Throwback" uniform, the same home uniforms Arizona wore during 92-94. In my opinion, those are the best uniforms Arizona has ever had. 

DDW1YgcUIAAdp67.jpg

Everything you've said is on par with how I feel. Going back to the 90's look would be the way to go. 

a2BRS8U.png

11 hours ago, Filthy Cats said:

DDW1YgcUIAAdp67.jpg

It's supposed to be the "fade" that was on the prior unis.  Yes it looks purple.  Yes it is bad.  

Agreed with your points about everything else.  Navy helmet and white jersey are the best things about the new unis, and the 90s uniform was the best.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived