College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Squeezee12 said:

UCLA's UA unis

IMG_6338.JPG

Credit UA for finally getting the shoulder stripes right, but man, does that single color number ruin the away uniform. 

38139_web.sp.10.27.strongside.column.pic

Also, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I prefer UCLA accented in Navy on the road. 

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Looks like UA did a really nice job of matching the gold on the jerseys/pants to the helmets, although I'll have to wait to give a full judgement on that until I can see how the golds match up on the field. Other than that, I'll agree with what others have said about the single color numbers on the away jersey, and I can't say I'm a fan of the number font either, although it's certainly better than the garbage font they had with Adidas the last few years. The longer shoulder stripes are definitely a welcome sight, and it's something that UCLA has been sorely missing for quite some time (the stripes on last year's Adidas jerseys were long as well, but I think UA executed them much better). The last thing I'll say is that I really wish UCLA would rotate between the white and gold pants on the road, as I really miss the gold/white/gold look. I'm not feeling very optimistic about them doing that though considering the press release refers to the gold pants as the "home pant" and the white pants as the "away pants". The all-white road look is still really nice, but it'd be nice to see gold/white/gold return for a few games a season. Alas, it doesn't seem like that'll happen, at least not in this upcoming season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I think UA used the same number treatment on the football unis as the basketball uniforms.  The basketball team doesn't have an outline on the home whites, but it does on the road blues.  

These are phenomenal.  To echo Jonah, G/W/G should definitely be worn for at least one road game.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

UCLA looks really damn good 

I think UA wins this offseason.

I don't necessarily disagree with this as of now, but it seems like a premature thing to say when there's still over a month left in the offseason and several programs, including some big name ones, usually wait until training camp or right before the start of the season to unveil their new duds. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yup. UA is pulling away from the pack but there's still a chance Nike or Adidas does something wonderful. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

5 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Yup. UA is pulling away from the pack but there's still a chance Nike does something wonderful. 

FIFY. If anything, Adidas will probably only move further down the pack at this point, but I'd love to be proven wrong on that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Not sure if this means anything but several of Oregon's incoming freshman are wearing what looks to be an updated version of last year's jersey they wore against Colorado.  They have the players' names on them and a jeweled Nike swoosh on the chest, instead of the original's yellow swoosh.

DEv7dnrV0AAEuVv.jpgDEu60svVYAAshXX.jpg

UA is killing the game right now and they are doing it with beautiful and timeless designs. These would look just as good if they were worn 30 years from now. They are showing a wonderful level of restraint to come up with great designs for the teams and not pushing their own brand with ugly flourishes and finishes.

38 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Not sure if this means anything but several of Oregon's incoming freshman are wearing what looks to be an updated version of last year's jersey they wore against Colorado.  They have the players' names on them and a jeweled Nike swoosh on the chest, instead of the original's yellow swoosh.

DEv7dnrV0AAEuVv.jpgDEu60svVYAAshXX.jpg

Yeah, I've been noticing that too. I'm not sure why they'd have the jeweled Nike swoosh since that's been reserved for Nike's CFP uniforms, but one notable thing which could suggest those jerseys will be in use again next season is that the NOB font looks to be updated to the font they've started to use since Taggart took over. Some examples for comparison's sake:

IMG_3805.thumb.JPG.8a8106c025dadbd915005fa04a3d4bef.JPGIMG_3776.thumb.JPG.7ec84be074118af953c75d231a0a5ef1.JPGIMG_6165.JPG.670988bc42b1b45c06fbedba468e1f9b.JPGIMG_6166.JPG.697957836abee98e56914e81aa62fe3f.JPG

I still can't explain the diamond swoosh, but I could just as easily see them using the new font for the NOB's since that's what they plan to use next season, even if those particular jerseys won't actually see the field again. I only say that because I've been expecting them to revert back to the 2012-2015/16 number font for next season's uniforms since that's what was used on this year's Spring Game jerseys, so perhaps they're just mocking up old jerseys for recruits/incoming freshman since they either don't have the new jerseys in yet or because they don't want to show them off yet (the latter is probably more likely if this assumption happens to be correct).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, uuh70 said:

Credit UA for finally getting the shoulder stripes right, but man, does that single color number ruin the away uniform. 

Spoiler

38139_web.sp.10.27.strongside.column.pic

Also, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I prefer UCLA accented in Navy on the road. 

The white looks way classy with no outline on the numbers. UCLA in navy blue is a bad look. IMHO

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

Just saw a photo from grad transfer Scott Pagano's Instagram account where he uses the same green jersey as the freshmen's jerseys so I think that they're just burning through the old stockpiles of jerseys for the players to wear until they get the new ones.

DEzTPwlUwAAZhzR.jpg:large

3 hours ago, Squeezee12 said:

UCLA's UA unis

IMG_6336.JPG

IMG_6337.JPG

IMG_6338.JPG

I really don't like UCLA, but damn those are sweet. I'll let the away slide without a number outline, because they now have a consistency with the blue.

a2BRS8U.png

Archived