College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, jtthirtyfour said:

Man, I really hope they return to wearing this combo, even if it's only for one or two road games a season. It just looks right.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

29 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

they never look good on mannequins, but honestly, its not too different from what Nike did with LSU. 

596cf6968e3ae_ScreenShot2017-07-17at1_39_34PM.png.8fc20f37b2027923e1e08c6d1285fd1e.png

Yea but when compared to the released photos on the players earlier, the jerseys looked uncharacteristically loose. This makes me think that that was just the retail version and this on the mannequin is more true to what they will look like with truncated stripes

1 hour ago, jtthirtyfour said:

The more I see these new UCLA uniforms, the less I like the helmet script in light blue. Everything tells me it should be better this way, but I don't think it contrasts the gold helmet enough like the navy blue lettering does.

IMG_0924.JPG.010fea23f893c5d1eca29f10d860eb78.JPG

Disregarding the hideous jersey template and vomit inducing attempt at stripes, I think they should have kept this helmet, even if the blues still don't match.

10 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

The more I see these new UCLA uniforms, the less I like the helmet script in light blue. Everything tells me it should be better this way, but I don't think it contrasts the gold helmet enough like the navy blue lettering does.

Disregarding the hideous jersey template and vomit inducing attempt at stripes, I think they should have kept this helmet, even if the blues still don't match.

I agree.  Although this update is an overall huge upgrade, I would've kept the navy "Ucla" decal, as well as the single navy outline on the numbers. It was a quirk (a design "mistake", some might say) that added a certain flair to the overall look.  I would put it in the same category as the Dodgers' red jersey number... in theory it shouldn't work, but in reality it's the detail that makes the whole design work.

32 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I wonder if adding a navy blue outline would help.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

33 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Gonna mark the strongly disagree option here. 

This would be a great way of tying in the navy blue and keeping it a traditional UCLA uniform. It makes the navy helmet logo work. I love the new UA set but do think the helmet logo was a misstep and I was also one of the few that thought navy trim worked on the road. Maybe if they have both blues with navy as an accent like this picture, it would be nice.

Edit- I'm talking about the navy number trim and the navy helmet logo. I do not like the navy facemask.

ucla-01-bluegold-tonydonaldson-vert-620x

2 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

This would be a great way of tying in the navy blue and keeping it a traditional UCLA uniform. It makes the navy helmet logo work. I love the new UA set but do think the helmet logo was a misstep and I was also one of the few that thought navy trim worked on the road. Maybe if they have both blues with navy as an accident like this picture, it would be nice.

[image of inferior UCLA uniform]

Fortunately, the accident has finally been avoided. 

16 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

This would be a great way of tying in the navy blue and keeping it a traditional UCLA uniform. It makes the navy helmet logo work. I love the new UA set but do think the helmet logo was a misstep and I was also one of the few that thought navy trim worked on the road. Maybe if they have both blues with navy as an accident like this picture, it would be nice.

ucla-01-bluegold-tonydonaldson-vert-620x

I just think the gray facemask works better. .  

Related image

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/16/2017 at 5:28 PM, WSU151 said:

I think white numbers in Clarendon (like they used to have and the 2009 alternate) would look better than white numbers in this designed block number font.  Note that in 2009 the throwback look didn't have gold in the stripes...

ucla_usc1.jpg

I would guess something like this will be worn in 2019 (as an alternate at a minimum) for the 100th anniversary of the school

That would be the pinnacle for me, as long as the stripe has the gold in it, and it was the new blue, obviously (as much as I love the color in the photo, it does present contrast issues).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived