College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

27 minutes ago, chrisCLEMENT said:

Is it just me or is that logo on the sleeve way too small?

It is Seahawks 2002-11 small.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Yeah for what they are, they're really nice. Just wish those sleeve caps were green instead of black, makes it look a lot cheaper with the random fill tool usage.

I agree. I don't like the sleeve caps being a different color.

These are some of my favorite Herd uniforms . . . Very simple. Very simple.

mar-11-12-whitegreen-marvingentry-vert-6

marshall483.jpg

1 hour ago, GoHerd35 said:

I agree. I don't like the sleeve caps being a different color.

These are some of my favorite Herd uniforms . . . Very simple. Very simple.

mar-11-12-whitegreen-marvingentry-vert-6

marshall483.jpg

Yeah,just make a black version of the previous jerseys set andand call it a day!

29 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

New white uniform for Mizzou, and it looks to be on the Vapor Untouchable template:

IMG_6330.JPG.d0f120f23a823eb6d4176560ab3a8fb1.JPG

Missouri's definitely on the list of teams that really went to :censored: the last five or six years, aesthetically speaking.  The Vapor Untouchable can't help an unnecessary black and silver uniform.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Missouri's definitely on the list of teams that really went to :censored: the last five or six years, aesthetically speaking.  The Vapor Untouchable can't help an unnecessary black and silver uniform.

I actually like their new set besides the mis-matched elements on the three uniforms;  their old template was so played out and got taken up elsewhere 

Nevada+v+Missouri+PY5LhKP8EUWl.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

3 hours ago, djam2410 said:

I actually like their new set besides the mis-matched elements on the three uniforms;  their old template was so played out and got taken up elsewhere 

Nevada+v+Missouri+PY5LhKP8EUWl.jpg

Yeah that templated uni sucked.  But that helmet is way better than the nonsense they've worn the last few years.

I think their best unis are '96-'97ish (plain black jersey with and without a white number outline, black and gold pants).

1996:

GettyImages-1399135.0.jpg

1997:

corby.0.jpg

8 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

But that helmet is way better than the nonsense they've worn the last few years.

I think their best unis are '96-'97ish (plain black jersey with and without a white number outline, black and gold pants).

1996:

1997:

corby.0.jpg

That helmet was beautiful.

oregonsig.png

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

But that helmet is way better than the nonsense they've worn the last few years.

1996:

1997:

corby.0.jpg

Ok, I'm gonna interject here, in what world are literal high school uniforms better than what dsaline posted? I get that this board has a hardon for traditional uniforms, but there is no way that those uniforms are at all special enough to qualify as their best uniforms. Sure it's way better than their piping mess of the 2000s, but let's be real, when Mizzou where's their regular uniforms, they're nice. Nike did a great initial job with them, the problem is all the awful one offs they wear.

18 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Ok, I'm gonna interject here, in what world are literal high school uniforms better than what dsaline posted? I get that this board has a hardon for traditional uniforms, but there is no way that those uniforms are at all special enough to qualify as their best uniforms. Sure it's way better than their piping mess of the 2000s, but let's be real, when Mizzou where's their regular uniforms, they're nice. Nike did a great initial job with them, the problem is all the awful one offs they wear.

They're better because they're simpler.  No triangles at odd angles. No funny collar.  No tiger stripes in the actual uniform stripes. No GFGS on the number outlines. I like the M logo (and even the old M-paw logo).  But note that I grew up watching Big 8/Big 12 games, so nostalgia is strong too.

Looking at these photos again, I actually like the 1996 jerseys without the white number outline better.  Might look cooler without the white helmet stripes. I've said it here a number of times, but black and old brassy gold is pretty cool color palette for a football team.

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Some of you want the smokey mountain grey uniforms gone forever. I say this is a great combination. Sue me.

From what I've been told, it is written in the Nike/Tennessee contract that the grey uniforms can not be mixed with any other piece. So, even if it does look decent, it will never happen.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

2 hours ago, Blazersfan38 said:

The Ohio State media guide cover is...interesting

IMG_2144.JPG

Ohio State has had sublimated buckeyes on their numbers for the spring game, however, they were just they leaves and not the circle surrounding them. The designer who made this graphic said that as far as he's aware, the actual jerseys don't have them. So I'd say they're 'shopped in.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

They're better because they're simpler.  No triangles at odd angles. No funny collar.  No tiger stripes in the actual uniform stripes. No GFGS on the number outlines. I like the M logo (and even the old M-paw logo).  But note that I grew up watching Big 8/Big 12 games, so nostalgia is strong too.

Looking at these photos again, I actually like the 1996 jerseys without the white number outline better.  Might look cooler without the white helmet stripes. I've said it here a number of times, but black and old brassy gold is pretty cool color palette for a football team.

That is ridiculous. You cannot honestly say that you are a fan of design and creativity and reduce all uniform design into a "traditional = good, non traditional = bad" dichotomy. Those old mizzou uniforms have absolutely no design element in them whatsoever other than the helmet stripes, which I will admit are great. I can't even tell if those pants have stripes. The jersey lacking white is a severe detriment, and the stripe on the helmet is not consistent with any other part of the uniform. You have plain black pants, a black jersey with gold numbers and no outline (basically a practice jersey) and a great helmet that matches nothing on the rest of the uniform. In what world is that a great uniform? Because despite what oldschool said, it's not this one. Gold pants with the helmet stripe on them and white outlines on the numbers would make a great uniform, but only then would I agree that it's fantastic.

I think current Mizzou's regular home and away are lacking because the traditional home doesn't use the stripes at all, and the cuff design is out of place, and the roads have those awful grey panels, but the yellow alternate is a fantastic modern uniform (even if it maybe needs a bit more white) that manages to unique, well designed, and striking while not being grotesque. I wish mizzou would just make a home and away based on that and not do the billion one offs and other garbage they've muddied their brand with, because nike struck gold with that particular set.

I'm waiting for the day we take every design on a case by case basis instead of being reactionaries to the general incompetence of modern designers, because there are some fantastic modern designs that aren't just old school in nature.

Archived