College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

23 hours ago, gdu said:

Ill-fated?  I think the court turned out great.  It's not perfect, but it fits the school's new identity very well.  Traditional from a distance and very modern up close.  Same as the football uniforms, football stadium, basketball arena.

I didn't say the court came out bad. The contest did. The winning announcement kept getting pushed back, and eventually never happened. The "contest" was poorly run. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

I didn't say the court came out bad. The contest did. The winning announcement kept getting pushed back, and eventually never happened. The "contest" was poorly run. 

Ah.  True enough.

I have been slowly but surely been leaking either Nike samples or UGA's 2017 uniform update. Basically a template update to Nike's latest template, the Vapor Untouchable.

Finally got a good shot of the red jersey.

I had previously uncovered the black one.

Here are zoomed in views of both. You can see "Dawgs" in the collars, traditional collars (not wide Flywire), familiar triangle shape on the collar, very few seams but the vertical seam down the back is visible on the red jersey, pants have swoosh and G flipped, etc.

IMG_7038.PNG

IMG_7041.JPG

I think we'll see Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and possibly Washington move over to the Vapor, IF they change the jerseys. Otherwise I think we could see them stay with the Elite 51 and see more of the chrome domes come back. I think Michigan and Michigan State would be able to walkover to the new template as well.I'd like to see if LSU does as well. Their current striping pattern doesn't look that good to me. Mainly because it forced them and Mississippi to slim down the numbers to attempt to create the illusion that the stripes wrap all the way around. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Oregon showed sublimation is possible on this new template so I'd like to see Ole Miss and LSU go that route.

Although I'd love to see full shoulder hoops come back, I'm not sure how they'd translate to Nike's current template. One can only wait and see.

Midway.png

21 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I find it amusing how nearly every UGA recruit prefers the black jerseys. That's going to be a regular alternate moving forward and that makes me happy. 

Right on man! 90% of the recruit's choose the black to wear on their visits. A couple go with red, and an even more select few pick the white. Just get me a new set of red pants for the road on occasion and I think we'd be one of the best dressed teams in the land.

xkxbw1.jpg

Maybe even black pants for once a year, whether they be on the road or paired with the black jerseys for a night game.

4067573550_b470b7263a.jpg

Bring back these pants, forget that black helmet. I really liked how these kept the same stripe pattern as the silver britches, hence why I kept them the same on my red pants concept.

FLevh.jpg

This is someone else's concept, not sure who or I'd credit it. This would be awesome every once in a blue moon. We can keep our traditional look and add special variations to the rotation. Florida does that with their mix of blue, orange, and white jerseys and pants and it's still a very traditional look (forget their white helmet with the mismatched stripes). Still need to wear the classic home and road 8-9 times a year, but I would love to introduce a little variety like these that I've mentioned just a couple of times a year.

26 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Can someone explain to me the allure of the GIANT collars? I don't get it. Looks horrible to me. 

It sure beats the heck out of the current Elite 51 template. Compare that one to Nick Chubb and Sony Michel (look how stretched his is! The viewer's left shoulder collar area hardly curves back around the neck. It looks like a triangle!).

Nick-Chubb-Sony-Michel-Blackout-Dawgs-35

The giant collars are just another way for Nike to brand their jerseys. I think of them like the horns a lot of their college basketball jerseys used to have, that were there just as a pseudo-Swoosh.

Ugh, still no silver britches for Georgia. Just that ugly matte gray.

3 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The giant collars are just another way for Nike to brand their jerseys. I think of them like the horns a lot of their college basketball jerseys used to have, that were there just as a pseudo-Swoosh.

Ugh, still no silver britches for Georgia. Just that ugly matte gray.

I'm a Georgia grad and I think the silver britches are overrated. Sure, they'd be nice, but even at the height of the "silver britches" fame, they were often just matte gray. Herschel wore matte gray pants. I'm fine with gray pants so long as they are obviously gray. The current pants might be a touch too light. Could do with a shade or two darker. I like the aesthetic of matte materials, too. As long as they're gray or silver, though, with the red-white-black stripe on them, that's good by me.

Look at these beauties! Just darken up the current gray pants a bit and they'd be great.

19db96022253b57b85e5dc745456a756.jpg

Herschel%20Walker%20vs.%20Georgia%20Tech

rn_georgiaunis_ms_01.jpg

726912590.jpg

On 2/22/2017 at 2:54 AM, aawagner011 said:

I have been slowly but surely been leaking either Nike samples or UGA's 2017 uniform update. Basically a template update to Nike's latest template, the Vapor Untouchable.

Finally got a good shot of the red jersey.

I had previously uncovered the black one.

Here are zoomed in views of both. You can see "Dawgs" in the collars, traditional collars (not wide Flywire), familiar triangle shape on the collar, very few seams but the vertical seam down the back is visible on the red jersey, pants have swoosh and G flipped, etc.

IMG_7038.PNG

IMG_7041.JPG

Looks like to me the black jersey is an Elite 51 but I may be wrong due to the photo angle while the red jersey is a Vapor Untouchable because the collar from the Vapor template is smaller than the Elite.  I would suspect more college teams in '17 will go for the Vapor due to it's lightweight fabric and fewer seams and panels (I own several vapor jerseys).  I would image Florida, Baylor, Texas, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and few more may go for it. 

I'm 90% sure it's a Vapor Untouchable. I've got a couple pictures of last season's brand new black jerseys (Elite 51 or whatever it's called...basically NFL template sans Flywire like the Texans...our home and road sets were same template with Flywire) and the collar sits totally differently with how wide it is. Also there isn't "DAWGS" in the collar. Look at the jersey in the background. 

IMG_6216.png

IMG_5182.jpg

Here's another shot of the possible new jersey and it's a traditionally shaped v-neck, "DAWGS" is in the collar, and you can sort of see the triangle at the base of the collar. Sorry for the cut off shot, but so far this is the best hi-res shot I've found aside from the grainy one above I previously posted.

This is the triangle at the bottom of the collar I'm talking about.

crcv-yfusaacmhojpg-4ba647dc8daca020.jpg

Lastly, there's not an SEC patch on either the red or black hanging jerseys yet. They are #55. You can see the back of the black #55 jersey hanging behind the red jersey and new pants I posted and the nameplate ends in the letter "A." I am guessing it says "GEORGIA" which is common practice for Nike samples. Check these below. All #55, a lot of them are free of conference patches. Most from what I tell have the school name on the back.

new-florida-gators-2013-nike-football-un

new-2013-florida-gators-nike-uniforms.jp

FSUF.png

Bk-azH1IMAABfw9.jpg-large-590x900.jpg

New-UNC-Football-Uniforms-31.jpg

tcu1.jpg

SP15_NFB_Group_Comp_PB_PR_native_600.jpg

(Also, the Oregon example I showed? #55)

I suspect the entire set (home, road, black) is transitioning over.

Army is the only one that can pull off camo. It works for them because it's not just an excuse to wear camo by pulling the "Military Appreciation" card. They are the Army after all.

Anyway, I much prefer this set compared to the camo head-to-toe:

d2ec7a2e287be25c9837575fe1a0d4cc.jpg

Archived