College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/22/2017 at 8:23 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Somewhat off topic: I've been looking at UCLA's new jerseys ever since they were unveiled. I can't help but wonder if Under Armour could make a better version of a NY Jets style jersey that Nike has done so far. Seems like all any team would need to do is make the sleeve caps the same color as the outer shoulder stripes. Guess we'll find out once UA makes that template available to the general public. Some high school or lower division college program is bound to do it sooner or later.

That's exactly what the Jets currently do.. Imo, that's exactly what they should avoid doing.. Reebok made the sleeve caps the same color as the middle stripe, and it prevented the outer stripe from appearing as though the sleeve cut into the body of the jersey at an awkward angle where the outer stripe abruptly terminates.. What I don't understand, is why the Jets don't have Nike produce a 2-stripe insert, as the look is attempting to emulate.. That would solve several issues and simplify the design by eliminating a pointless stripe.

To get somewhat back on topic here, who are we still waiting to reveal uniforms for the upcoming season? Anyone else have an announced date? Anyone else changing manufacturers that we've yet to see?

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I haven't heard anything official from anyone, but I expect Ohio State will roll out a one off for the Penn State game. Michigan has been rumored to have an alternate uniform but I suspect that wearing gold pants away will count as an alternate. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Ohio University switched to adidas and should have new uniforms out any day now, although I wouldn't expect much to change. Their primary home/away sets have remained mostly untouched under Solich.

Not that Russell Athletic was good, but I'm really nervous for what Adidas is gonna do to us. RA came out with some pretty garbage alternates and BFBS uniforms, but at least kept it simple and attractive with the home and road uniforms. With Adidas I'm picturing shiny plastic numbers, a color that has no business being on our uniforms, tshirt looking jerseys that don't fit over pads, pants that don't use belts, etc etc. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

30 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Not that Russell Athletic was good, but I'm really nervous for what Adidas is gonna do to us. RA came out with some pretty garbage alternates and BFBS uniforms, but at least kept it simple and attractive with the home and road uniforms. With Adidas I'm picturing shiny plastic numbers, a color that has no business being on our uniforms, tshirt looking jerseys that don't fit over pads, pants that don't use belts, etc etc. 

I'm praying for a look similar to La Tech. If tgey go without shoulder stripes, please keep it as simple as possible. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm praying for a look similar to La Tech. If tgey go without shoulder stripes, please keep it as simple as possible. 

These may be too basic for today's high school recruits, but the uniforms during the Kalvin McRae years (my freshman year was the last time they wore these) were always my favorites. 

55440446.jpg.55d0a9319d28eda2a15f78e8b2e5595d.jpg79857467.jpg.5fe3b187652ff5318391ff51eeaefeab.jpg

BTW, those photos are from victories over Pitt and Illinois. Just FYI. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

To get somewhat back on topic here, who are we still waiting to reveal uniforms for the upcoming season? Anyone else have an announced date? Anyone else changing manufacturers that we've yet to see?

Wouldnt North Carolina have a new one? The ceiling is the roof?

6 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Ohio University switched to adidas and should have new uniforms out any day now, although I wouldn't expect much to change. Their primary home/away sets have remained mostly untouched under Solich.

I can't be the only one who initially skimmed that and read "Ohio State" and just totally flipped out for a second or two, right?

Naw, being from the MAC, I've been used to differentiating between them. Hopefully Ohio doesn't look terrible but most of their sports will just be templates anyway. The nice thing is that they've had pretty "basic" looks so it's almost as likely that they just swap out brand logos. 

Archived