College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PhilliesPhan1325 said:

New uniforms for JMU. Finally a uniform look across home and away, but no more pant stripes. Duke Dog sleeve cap

I don't like the numbers, but those sleeves are a thing of beauty.  Now if they just go with the bulldog on both sides of the helmet they'll have one of the best uniforms in FCS.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Doesn't really pertain to JMU, but I'm annoyed that Nike is sticking with the stripe-less pants trend. They've gone multiple years now of new uniforms that lack pant stripes. So many of the designs look fantastic above the waist, but lack a lot below.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

3 hours ago, PhilliesPhan1325 said:

New uniforms for JMU. Finally a uniform look across home and away, but no more pant stripes. Duke Dog sleeve cap

Damn those are nice. Wish the subliminal stuff was gold instead of the sameish color, but I love how clean they are. Kinda wish their only monochrome was the purple though, not sure if I'm a fan of the whiteout as much. And of course, the BFBS is unnecessary.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I don't like the numbers, but those sleeves are a thing of beauty.  Now if they just go with the bulldog on both sides of the helmet they'll have one of the best uniforms in FCS.

That doesn't take much effort, to be honest.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

5 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Ugh. I can tolerate a "retro" look if it's executed well and to full capacity. Neither of which seem to be the case here. BRING BACK GRAY FACEMASKS GODDAMMIT!

EDIT: One thing that potentially scares me is how close these are to our current uniforms, which makes me think this might be an actual uniform change, not just a one-off. Usually when Adidas makes a one-off alt it is a massive departure from the team's regular look.

This is just a guess, but the "mesh" inspired numbers may be Adidas's new way of dealing with the stretching of the material.. Imo, it's a WAY better idea than the slashes worn by Miami and UCLA previously.. 

6 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

This is just a guess, but the "mesh" inspired numbers may be Adidas's new way of dealing with the stretching of the material.. Imo, it's a WAY better idea than the slashes worn by Miami and UCLA previously.. 

Maybe a stupid, "because they can"-answered question, but what's wrong with tackle twill numbers?

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

22 hours ago, noleseveryday said:

We have some of the blindest fans on this planet

I was at that game in Arlington when we played Okie State. These gold numbers were damn near impossible to read under the lights.

-----

I'd just like to remind everyone that he and his ideas are not representative of FSU fans as a whole.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Yeah these were not good at all.

I was not opposed to gold numbers (they've worked for the Saints), but the execution was way off. The shade they chose was awful and the way it infiltrated every other part of the set was bad. The helmet almost looked like a cream color and definitely not the classic FSU shiny metallic gold. It was much softer and had none of the punch that their gold usually had.

AR-140839874.jpg

Oklahoma+State+v+Florida+State+hQ4o8DhZ-

For comparison's sake. It wasn't even close.

9b676cbce28d47649dab0da2874150cc.jpg

fsu-general.jpg

I had forgotten how much of a difference it was between the original gold and the newer, lighter gold. It made sense to match it with the lighter shade on the jerseys and pants, but it didn't feel like FSU.

Now if only we could get shiny pants back...

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I actually like that shade of gold they had used, just not for Florida State.  The gold numbers on the whites are a no go.

I'd have liked to see Florida State just slap the new numbers on the uniforms and call it good.

IUe6Hvh.png

37 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Yeah these were not good at all.

I was not opposed to gold numbers (they've worked for the Saints), but the execution was way off. The shade they chose was awful and the way it infiltrated every other part of the set was bad. The helmet almost looked like a cream color and definitely not the classic FSU shiny metallic gold. It was much softer and had none of the punch that their gold usually had.

AR-140839874.jpg

Oklahoma+State+v+Florida+State+hQ4o8DhZ-

For comparison's sake. It wasn't even close.

9b676cbce28d47649dab0da2874150cc.jpg

fsu-general.jpg

I actually liked the original gold helmets and jerseys a lot. Unpopular opinion I guess

6 hours ago, PhilliesPhan1325 said:

Thats how you execute a simple uniform, Washington State take notes (Even though they didnt have to change).

a2BRS8U.png

2 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Maybe a stupid, "because they can"-answered question, but what's wrong with tackle twill numbers?

Nothing.. Notre Dame used them with the TechFit uniforms, and they always looked great.. Even the sleeve "ND" logo was twill..

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

I was at that game in Arlington when we played Okie State. These gold numbers were damn near impossible to read under the lights.

-----

I'd just like to remind everyone that he and his ideas are not representative of FSU fans as a whole.

Lmao I'm that 1% of FSU fans that believe that we're the best sports program of all time

8 hours ago, PhilliesPhan1325 said:

Having a full logo on the sides looks very nice. I think some teams can pass on like this.

4ffh6gt.png

Archived