College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

People are freaking out enough moving to the new template, I'm sure we'll still see the Archie Griffin style stripes since that's Ohio State's default bowl uniform. 

Not sure why since the uniform looks almost exactly the same as last year.

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Not a big fan of matte paint jobs on helmets. But if any team should do it, IMO it's Ohio State. 

Disagree.  Washington State's gray helmet is pretty boring compared to Ohio State's.  I always liked the metallic flakes in the Buckeyes' helmet.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, dakotapalm said:

Woof. No, this doesn't mean I don't care about player safety, obviously, just commenting on the aesthetics. But seeing the shell have a line right through the "CU" logo? That's regrettable.

Avoidable if the decal wasn't clear.. Definitely an issue, but not one Schutt has to deal with.. If teams don't like it, they can find a solution or buy different helmets..

7 hours ago, walkerws said:

Yeah. I guess with the black bumper, it's the first time I noticed those rubber bumps there. That seems like an unnecessary addition for a safer helmet.

It's supposed to emulate the rear bumper of the old Air Advantage helmets -- as ridiculous as that is..

With all the photos of fully logoed and striped Schutt helmets coming out, I just hope Oregon stays away from them and sticks with Riddell and/or gets Vicis Zero1s.  The lines and contours of the Schutt helmets makes me think of the old NFL helmet phones.

s-l1000.jpg

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

Here's some shots of San Jose State's new Adidas uniforms:

DFm6M2FUAAA5i2v.jpgDFm3hJDV0AAxeru.jpg

C'mon Adidas. These are literally just a catalog order with a different typeface for the numbers. It also looks like the sleeve cap is just the team logo, another catalog option. I mean :censored:, I get the fact that you want to promote your techfit/supastretch/eliteflex/gravitonweb or whatever the hell you are calling it these days, but from what i've seen this jersey cut/material pretty much limits any striping you might want to printed-on (usually sliced up n' shiny) stripes/numbers on the jerseys, as well as poor striping integrity on the pants, or just no stripe at all with a large, cut-up logo. (see Louisville, Miami, Indiana, UTSA, etc.)

However I will admit that Adidas, when they are pressured into it by the fans/school/whomever does the influencing round these parts, manages to apply sewn on numbers, graphics, and stripes to this jersey material (i'm not sure if it's the same cut, but it is the same material) (see Nebraska, NC State, etc.), but GODDAMMIT WHY NOT JUST DO THAT ALL THE TIME? Especially for schools that could have some sweet mother-f-in uniforms like SJSU due to their color scheme and mascot. I mean, I could maybe see it for and FCS team, but REALLY?! we're giving G5 teams uniforms that are best comparable to high school uniforms?! Deeply disappointed in Adidas so far this summer. All I can do is hope that Nebraska leaves 'em when their contract is up.

EDIT: Took exactly 6 minutes to make (and most of that was from navigating the menus). Swap out the custom typeface, logo on pants, and you're done. Lazy on Adidas' part with this one. (Also got the number colors wrong but who gives a rip)

5977d1fb92595_Screenshot(68).png.cdccde7c7e6a7bce2ba601ffbf35ec09.png

36 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

C'mon Adidas. These are literally just a catalog order with a different typeface for the numbers. It also looks like the sleeve cap is just the team logo, another catalog option. I mean :censored:, I get the fact that you want to promote your techfit/supastretch/eliteflex/gravitonweb or whatever the hell you are calling it these days, but from what i've seen this jersey cut/material pretty much limits any striping you might want to printed-on (usually sliced up n' shiny) stripes/numbers on the jerseys, as well as poor striping integrity on the pants, or just no stripe at all with a large, cut-up logo. (see Louisville, Miami, Indiana, UTSA, etc.)

However I will admit that Adidas, when they are pressured into it by the fans/school/whomever does the influencing round these parts, manages to apply sewn on numbers, graphics, and stripes to this jersey material (i'm not sure if it's the same cut, but it is the same material) (see Nebraska, NC State, etc.), but GODDAMMIT WHY NOT JUST DO THAT ALL THE TIME? Especially for schools that could have some sweet mother-f-in uniforms like SJSU due to their color scheme and mascot. I mean, I could maybe see it for and FCS team, but REALLY?! we're giving G5 teams uniforms that are best comparable to high school uniforms?! Deeply disappointed in Adidas so far this summer. All I can do is hope that Nebraska leaves 'em when their contract is up.

EDIT: Took exactly 6 minutes to make (and most of that was from navigating the menus). Swap out the custom typeface, logo on pants, and you're done. Lazy on Adidas' part with this one. (Also got the number colors wrong but who gives a rip)

5977d1fb92595_Screenshot(68).png.cdccde7c7e6a7bce2ba601ffbf35ec09.png

Adidas didnt design this, SJSU did just like you did 

@noleseveryday @dont care

I admit I'm not sure what's started this back and forth. I do know that taking potshots at each other isn't doing the thread any favours. 

I'm asking both of you to please stop it. Both of you. Please keep the discussion focused on college football uniforms. 

I'm also going to ask EVERYONE to try to avoid being a backseat mod. We can't be everywhere but we do try to keep our eyes on as much as we can. We appreciate having stuff pointed out to us, but don't take it upon yourself to act like a mod if we've already told you we're monitoring the situation.

Thank you all for your expected cooperation. 

Since San Jose State's jerseys were pretty simple last year there's not a big difference aside from the number and word fonts. However, the changes take away rather than improve the look, aside from the pants not having a wordmark up the sides. The Primeknits need to go away. I'm surprised we haven't seen something similar to the new CFL uniforms come in yet. I also feel like adidas should move their logo to one side of the chest rather than having it set at the neck. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 7/22/2017 at 4:55 PM, noleseveryday said:

Honestly we need to go back to our 90's uniforms. Those were so much better and simpler.

What they need to go back to is this

photos.medleyphoto.4314259.jpg

I actually like the current uniforms since they fixed all the initial problems they had (still rather have white numbers than gold on the home though. I always think Boston College currently.) but the above are still better and should have never been changed.

Archived