buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

JosiahWVU    319
On 2/22/2017 at 3:21 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Image result for 2017 ohio state vs clemson

...and at that moment Ohio State knew they were in trouble.

buckeye    213
On 2/24/2017 at 0:10 PM, AndrewMLind said:

Ohio State, as expected, is moving to the Vapor Untouchable template next year. 

Any changes to the striping expected or just the template change?

aawagner011    815
2 hours ago, buckeye said:

I would hope OSU will exclusively use the throwback sleeve stripes. No more of the stripes that match the helmet and pants. Helmet and pants are fine as is but not everything needs to match. Also, while I liked the black numbers on the red jersey as a throwback thing, I'd prefer they just return to white shoulder numbers for their permanent set.

MJWalker45    1,074
3 hours ago, buckeye said:

They'll probably keep their current four uniforms and release an alternate for the Penn State game. 

CLEstones    251
16 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I would hope OSU will exclusively use the throwback sleeve stripes. No more of the stripes that match the helmet and pants. Helmet and pants are fine as is but not everything needs to match. Also, while I liked the black numbers on the red jersey as a throwback thing, I'd prefer they just return to white shoulder numbers for their permanent set.

Keep the current set at their primary uniforms.  "Big game" or "Prime Time" uniforms are the throw backs, just make the TV numbers black on the white, as well as the red jersey.  Have 1 throw back or look ahead uniform to the quality of this last years or the black out uniforms.

Ohio State has one of the best uniforms sets, top to bottom, in all of sports.

aawagner011    815
3 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Keep the current set at their primary uniforms.  "Big game" or "Prime Time" uniforms are the throw backs, just make the TV numbers black on the white, as well as the red jersey.  Have 1 throw back or look ahead uniform to the quality of this last years or the black out uniforms.

Ohio State has one of the best uniforms sets, top to bottom, in all of sports.

IMO, the primary set and the throwback set with the classic stripes are too darn similar to justify both. I'd pick one and the classic stripes are superior in every way. Nothing wrong with the primaries, they'd be fine for another team. But just knowing the classic stripes are so ingrained in the OSU history, I'd pick them in a heartbeat.

CLEstones    251
2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

IMO, the primary set and the throwback set with the classic stripes are too darn similar to justify both. I'd pick one and the classic stripes are superior in every way. Nothing wrong with the primaries, they'd be fine for another team. But just knowing the classic stripes are so ingrained in the OSU history, I'd pick them in a heartbeat.

I would agree.  I love seeing the gray on the sleeves.  But I think they set a precedent and when a precedent works so well, its hard to abandon it.  I wouldn't doubt that within the next 5 years, we see these flip.  The 60 uniforms become the primary and the current set become the "prime time" uniforms

BlackBolt3    1,196

So uhhhh, Carolina looks to be making the switch to Jordan for their uniforms in a move that everyone predicted:

hawk36    1,122
1 hour ago, BlackBolt3 said:

So uhhhh, Carolina looks to be making the switch to Jordan for their uniforms in a move that everyone predicted:

Still can't get used to seeing a basketball player icon on football uniforms or fields. Weird. 

WSU151    2,548
29 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Still can't get used to seeing a basketball player icon on football uniforms or fields. Weird. 

I think the Jordan logo is just for spring football.  The ACC logo will probably replace it during the season.

cajunaggie08    168
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I think the Jordan logo is just for spring football.  The ACC logo will probably replace it during the season.

it will be the acc logo on the field during the season, but his point still stands.

pianoknight    1,290

The Jumpman logo is beyond stupid on anything that's not basketball. I can't wait until Nike signs a hockey team and slaps that thing on the ice. 

aawagner011    815

Here's confirmation.

http://www.scout.com/college/north-carolina/story/1759562-unc-football-wear-jordan-brand?utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_medium=HootSuitePost&utm_campaign=HootSuite

I really hope their uniforms stay the same. They're practically perfect now. Maybe streamline them since the helmet argyle is within a stripe and the jersey and pants aren't but that would be about it.

jmac11281    1,133
1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Here's confirmation.

http://www.scout.com/college/north-carolina/story/1759562-unc-football-wear-jordan-brand?utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_medium=HootSuitePost&utm_campaign=HootSuite

I really hope their uniforms stay the same. They're practically perfect now. Maybe streamline them since the helmet argyle is within a stripe and the jersey and pants aren't but that would be about it.

North Carolina wouldn't make the mistake of a drastic change again, would they?

MJWalker45    1,074

They've got a good look now. I think they'd be stupid as hell to change now. 

walkerws    175

Yup. Time for a hold my beer meme

Gupti    275
8 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

North Carolina wouldn't make the mistake of a drastic change again, would they?

I'm not too concerned for now considering that the Jordan brand's work with Michigan gives them a 1/1 track record of keeping solid clasic brands intact.