College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

IMG_6592.thumb.JPG.09ff781729da16f8a47f2850766f719d.JPG

8 hours ago, Jvelleu said:

IMG_3258.JPG

One of these uniforms gets something very wrong.

One of these uniforms gets the exact same thing right.

It's a thing we've been told for years that manufacturers had no choice about, but apparently...

Can you guess which "thing" I'm talking about?  Bet you can.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn showed off the Vicis Zero1 for the spring game

597fd8e71d57c_2017-4-8A-Day-ToddVanEmstOANews(1).thumb.jpg.04f54f483d5c02fc3d58a6498a421014.jpg

Also, the Schutt F7 made an appearance at first day of practice (see #66, the best image we have thus far)

597fd92b574ad_66ToddVanEmst.thumb.jpg.fd867a3d22d49b9ba87e0039a9039a40.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

5 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Auburn showed off the Vicis Zero1 for the spring game

597fd8e71d57c_2017-4-8A-Day-ToddVanEmstOANews(1).thumb.jpg.04f54f483d5c02fc3d58a6498a421014.jpg

Also, the Schutt F7 made an appearance at first day of practice (see #66, the best image we have thus far)

They still have jerseys left over from 2008? Thats pretty crazy to think.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

They still have jerseys left over from 2008? Thats pretty crazy to think.

They recycle the old jerseys for A-Day, the spring game. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

48 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Based on practice photos so far, Oregon is going with only Riddell Speed and Speedflex helmets.

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and outdoorImage may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and outdoor

Also, notice that those white helmets don't appear to be the glitter helmets they've had the past two seasons. A couple of people I know who are connected with the football team have hinted to me that the glitter helmets will no longer be in rotation this season, and this seems to lend some truth to that. And take it with a grain of salt, but those same people hinted to me a few months ago that yellow helmets might be returning this season, but I haven't been able to get any more information on whether or not that's still in the cards. Lastly, if you look closely at the numbers on the helmets, something they haven't even had for several years now aside from their old dark green practice helmets, the font is the 2012-2015 font, not the new one. That, coupled with them using the old font on this year's Spring Game uniforms, seems to suggest pretty strongly that they might be returning to that font for the new uniforms.

IMG_6597.thumb.JPG.f3beb086e98d3ca1e7abd56ad5607882.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

45 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

One of these uniforms gets something very wrong.

One of these uniforms gets the exact same thing right.

It's a thing we've been told for years that manufacturers had no choice about, but apparently...

Can you guess which "thing" I'm talking about?  Bet you can.

It actually doesn't because it does't wrap all the way around. The placement of the stripes help give the illusion of it though as opposed to the adidas and Nike jerseys which stop at a point along a set line. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Oregon should have 1 home uniform (all green) and 1 away (all white) and one alt (yellow jersey with green helmet and pants). The wing patterns need to go, and the O should stay on the helmet. That's how taggart should simplify the look. But Oregon is Oregon....

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Ciaranowls said:

Oregon should have 1 home uniform (all green) and 1 away (all white) and one alt (yellow jersey with green helmet and pants). The wing patterns need to go, and the O should stay on the helmet. That's how taggart should simplify the look. But Oregon is Oregon....

That may work for a school like Ohio State but Oregon can continue with multiple looks if they can just get a solid, cohesive set.  Things started going south with the uniforms during the 2014 season when they were using 2 different uniform templates and only got worse in 2015 and 2016 when they started doing too many one-offs.  Oregon would be perfect with all-greens, all-yellows, all-blacks, and all-whites that had two white jersey options.  That's basically what they had under Kelly and the beginning of Helfrich's tenure.

1 hour ago, walkerws said:

No pictures yet, but MAC players are going to have a graduate scroll like the SEC. I asdume it will dot on top of the patch

I wasn't aware of this, but how very SEC-like to give players a special patch for actually graduating college. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

6 hours ago, Webfooter said:

That may work for a school like Ohio State but Oregon can continue with multiple looks if they can just get a solid, cohesive set.  Things started going south with the uniforms during the 2014 season when they were using 2 different uniform templates and only got worse in 2015 and 2016 when they started doing too many one-offs.  Oregon would be perfect with all-greens, all-yellows, all-blacks, and all-whites that had two white jersey options.  That's basically what they had under Kelly and the beginning of Helfrich's tenure.

DZXWPNQUGMEXPVV.20090623222255.thumb.JPG.a600031d20dd0f56c4c2dc35ffbb840f.JPG

I agree. Switch out the CarbonFibre helmet for a yellow gloss helmet, put the duck on the shoulders instead of the wings, and this would be about perfect. Maybe a change in the hue of green, but this is good for Oregon. Michigan, Alabama, Ohio State shouldn't have this, but variety with a purpose fits who Oregon is. It's their identity.

Archived