College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

I just think they'll slap the jumpman onto what they have now, but I do believe they kept their previous uniforms for only like 3 years so I won't be shocked if they change.

EDIT: Jordan himself was out at halftime of the UNC-Duke game to officially announce the deal, and the shirt he was wearing seems to bode well for my prediction:

PS: "The ceiling is the roof." -Michael Jordan

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'all may want to listen to this podcast from February 21.

San José Mercury News college sports writer, Jon Wilner, spoke with Portland-based journalist, Matt Kish, over the future apparel rights of colleges.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/21/college-hotline-podcast-nike-under-armour-adidas-expert-matt-kish-on-pac-12-deals-present-and-future-washington-could-be-the-big-winner/

I just want Virginia Tech to honor the the 10 year anniversary of this historic event with special uniforms

November 1, 2007 Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech, who usually wears white at home is wearing gold. Virginia Tech is wearing white and 4 players jerseys have been stolen. Georgia Tech supplied the 4 players with white Georgia Tech uniforms and this is the result.

07_vt_gt.jpg

1821515863_edd7b40075.jpg?v=0

1822365220_a8af30cc32.jpg?v=0

Like I said I'd love to see uniforms that commemorate these amazing jerseys.

On 3/4/2017 at 10:14 PM, dfwabel said:

Y'all may want to listen to this podcast from February 21.

San José Mercury News college sports writer, Jon Wilner, spoke with Portland-based journalist, Matt Kish, over the future apparel rights of colleges.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/21/college-hotline-podcast-nike-under-armour-adidas-expert-matt-kish-on-pac-12-deals-present-and-future-washington-could-be-the-big-winner/

I wonder if Adidas and/or UA will have the balls to make an offer to Oregon.

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

I wonder if Adidas and/or UA will have the balls to make an offer to Oregon.

Here is how it would go

"Hello sir we can offer you 5 million more than Nike"

Phil Knight walks in, "Hey Jim you know that new academic building I was giving you money to build, if you take that deal its not happening"

(to Adidas/UA)"We are sorry, we have a better offer, grab some Ducks gear on the way out."

I would guess that any offers to Oregon and Maryland not from Nike and UA, respectively, will be rejected unless the offer is just mind-numbingly ridiculous.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, fizz said:

I just want Virginia Tech to honor the the 10 year anniversary of this historic event with special uniforms

November 1, 2007 Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech, who usually wears white at home is wearing gold. Virginia Tech is wearing white and 4 players jerseys have been stolen. Georgia Tech supplied the 4 players with white Georgia Tech uniforms and this is the result.

07_vt_gt.jpg

I think my favorite part is that they drew the Nike logo on backwards....

spacer.png

8 hours ago, fizz said:

07_vt_gt.jpg

1821515863_edd7b40075.jpg?v=0

1822365220_a8af30cc32.jpg?v=0

Oh God, I almost forgot about that game. Thanks for the laugh. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I would guess that any offers to Oregon and Maryland not from Nike and UA, respectively, will be rejected unless the offer is just mind-numbingly ridiculous.

Even then I doubt Oregon would ever move away from Nike considering all the history and the founder of Nike being an alumni.

40 minutes ago, fizz said:

Even then I doubt Oregon would ever move away from Nike considering all the history and the founder of Nike being an alumni.

The University of Oregon is Nike. The two are inseparable as far as I'm concerned. The history between the two goes well beyond just Phil Knight being an alumni. Don't forget about Bill Bowerman, the co-founder and legendary Oregon Track coach, who was practically the lifeblood of Nike and the pioneer behind their early shoe designs. Then there was Pre, who essentially became the spirit of Nike as he rose to fame and wore many of Bowerman's concoctions. Tinker Hatfield, probably their most famous designer, also attended and ran at Oregon under Bowerman. And that's just a small sample size of the history between the two. Nowadays their basketball arena is named after Knight's deceased son. The total sum of Knight's donations to the school is out of this world. He's practically given his later life to the being a philanthropist for the school (and for many other institutions and causes as well). There's no way the two will ever separate from each other IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I was hoping Jordan logo on football gear was going to come and go, but their core audience is definitely embracing it.

So it'll just be something the new generation is accustomed to within a certain time-frame.

I've always been partial to the swoosh, so hopefully a lot of the classic teams (Bama, UGA, tOSU, UT etc) stick with it.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Ohio State would wear Lebron beforeJumpman. Let's hope neither happen.

Considering they already wore LeBron cleats in a game last season, I'd say it's a matter of time. I could see Nike waiting until he retires though before they really establish the LeBron brand outside of basketball.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They don't even use it for basketball outside of shoes and travel gear. I could see them doing it but I'm not a fan of it.

Yeah I know, although they have used it on their basketball uniforms once before: (albeit LeBron's old logo, but the point still stands)

IMG_3058.JPG

If/when they do use LeBron's logo on the uniforms, I would expect the basketball program to do it first before the football program followed suit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• 2 weeks later...

Archived