College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chawls said:

UNC's practice helmets 

IMG_4724.JPG

Did they use the modified Jumpman logo so he's at least catching a football instead of dunking a basketball?

Can hardly wait for the new Dodgers batting helmets with Wayne Gretzky on them! 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Not a fan of the stripe down the middle of the helmet. Looks out of place.

The stripe in general, or the argyle pattern in the stripe?  UNC has had some kind of stripe down the middle for decades.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I'm obviously biased, but I thought they were done pretty tastefully on Oregon's Mach Speed set:

IMG_6710.JPG.1241cb376f4328a5b4398c802dda7362.JPGIMG_6711.thumb.JPG.5157694a01eff8f1af9cf32fa17154bc.JPGIMG_6714.thumb.JPG.ee19b3d6c211e3c5d52b699137ace0df.JPGIMG_6715.thumb.JPG.fdc50366306be060c199888cbb4f7597.JPGIMG_6716.thumb.JPG.30963857e7a3302dd0a1698e0eb24cfe.JPGIMG_6717.thumb.JPG.52c63a5113b12311b7976a254a630c46.JPG

I agree with the Ducks looking good with writing on the pants, I really like that they put fighting on one side and ducks on the other

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

52 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The stripe in general, or the argyle pattern in the stripe?  UNC has had some kind of stripe down the middle for decades.

The argyle pattern. I understand having it on the basketball uniforms, but it doesn't look good on the helmet. Id prefer theme to have the same stripes they have had for years, without the pattern.

8 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

The argyle pattern. I understand having it on the basketball uniforms, but it doesn't look good on the helmet. Id prefer theme to have the same stripes they have had for years, without the pattern.

Pretty sure you'll find you're fighting an uphill battle on this one. I think the general consensus is that this is about as good as Carolina has ever looked. Good mix of classic UNC football paired with the iconic argyle. They'd be dumb to not use it. It's on the level of Yankees pinstripes, the winged Michigan helmet, and the Lakers in yellow at home. I'm honestly shocked it took them this long to implement it. When you see that argyle, you instantly know it's UNC.

I still really like these UNC sets. No real changes from the prior uniforms. What would push it over the edge from very good to great, would be cohesion between the helmet and pants stripe. Right now, you've got argyle down the middle of the helmet amidst nice contrasting striping. On the pants, the argyle is simply down the sides, sans stripe. It would have been nice to see a matching stripe on the pants to contain the argyle.

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Pretty sure you'll find you're fighting an uphill battle on this one. I think the general consensus is that this is about as good as Carolina has ever looked. Good mix of classic UNC football paired with the iconic argyle. They'd be dumb to not use it. It's on the level of Yankees pinstripes, the winged Michigan helmet, and the Lakers in yellow at home. I'm honestly shocked it took them this long to implement it. When you see that argyle, you instantly know it's UNC.

I still really like these UNC sets. No real changes from the prior uniforms. What would push it over the edge from very good to great, would be cohesion between the helmet and pants stripe. Right now, you've got argyle down the middle of the helmet amidst nice contrasting striping. On the pants, the argyle is simply down the sides, sans stripe. It would have been nice to see a matching stripe on the pants to contain the argyle.

Completely understand that many like it. Just dont think it looks good. The uni sets overall are very nice, but im not a huge fan of the pattern. Just my (probably) unpopular opinion.

23 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

ive had this issue since the set was unvieled.. either the helmet needs to lose the stripes or the pants need to gain them (and the collar needs to be in the contrasting color as well).. i'm ok either way, but it makes no sense when the team wears blue helmet and blue pants and the argyle pattern is different.. the easiest fix would be change the helmet stripe decal, but the best fix is adjust the pants stripe.. that entire mesh panel is sublmated.. on the blue pants, the blue panel could be white with the argyle pattern and navy border printed onto it, and stitched into the pants just like the current blue panel is.. not sure how this was overlooked in the design process..

while i agree that the argyle is distinctly UNC and they 100% absolutely should have it on their uniforms, i'd go so far as to say that the pre-2013 set was the best UNC has ever looked - solely because of the argyle issue with the current set.. 

10 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

The shiny gold numbers look so good. Perfect simple look that isn't boring for the Golden Panthers. 

But it'll be difficult to see the numbers clearly in the sunshine.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived