College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

8 minutes ago, nuordr said:

As much as I love monochrome, I have to disagree with you on "always" as the green over white (love the new pants stripe) is classic. I just hope the green pants have the same type of stripe in white and wear that at home once or twice a year. 

I like to see the Spartans wear white over green for a couple of road games.  Gets tiresome they always have to wear all white away from East Lansing.  At least change things up a little bit.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, upperV03 said:

Man, I really wish Michigan would wear this combo again, even if only for a couple of games a season:

IMG_6686.thumb.JPG.2bc4544a009fc99bdbecc53add2ea490.JPGIMG_6687.thumb.JPG.22781dc8f63f1646b64589528b47e1c8.JPG

I personally really like the all-white look they've had since Harbaugh took over, but the classic white over yellow is just too good not to use at least once or twice a season, especially with the beautiful white jerseys they have now.

I agree. I like this combo, but hey the all white looks good too.

The MAC released their graduate patches. 55 players will wear this patch this season.

IMG_0883.JPG

*** Kent State has updated their field. They'll have the new word marks on blue. Odd because the soccer team has to play there now because of issues with the soccer field that was refurbished for them in 1997. 

They aren't real, guys. They were both made to sit in the offices. That's already been confirmed. This was just a bad journalism job by a good journalist in Marty Smith.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

6 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

They aren't real, guys. They were both made to sit in the offices. That's already been confirmed. This was just a bad journalism job by a good journalist in Marty Smith.

THANK. 

GOD. 

I was starting to experience what can only be described as a gut-wrenching barf in the middle of colon-burning diarrhea. That feeling when bad gives birth to worse. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

All green is bush league.

This is about the worst use of bush league I've ever seen. Not only are we not talking about baseball, not only are we not talking about dirty play, and not only are the college football ranks basically minor leagues anyway, but multiple professional teams in the NFL use monochrome, so even by anything other than your arbitrary "all monochrome is the work of devil" definition is this bush league. It is maybe not traditional in the professional ranks, but neither is almost any of what is worn by a non traditional power. An even then, college teams wave worn monochrome for decades now, this is just absurd to compare monochrome green to the hidden ball trick.

9 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

This is about the worst use of bush league I've ever seen. Not only are we not talking about baseball, not only are we not talking about dirty play, and not only are the college football ranks basically minor leagues anyway, but multiple professional teams in the NFL use monochrome, so even by anything other than your arbitrary "all monochrome is the work of devil" definition is this bush league. It is maybe not traditional in the professional ranks, but neither is almost any of what is worn by a non traditional power. An even then, college teams wave worn monochrome for decades now, this is just absurd to compare monochrome green to the hidden ball trick.

It's bush league.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's bush league.

It's also annoying when literally any time someone mentions monochrome uniforms, you have a conniption. It's really old and annoying at this point, we get it already. It is fine to have an opinion, it is not fine to smear that opinion in everyone's faces at every god given opportunity, especially when it's pretty antagonistic.

15 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

It's also annoying when literally any time someone mentions monochrome uniforms, you have a conniption. It's really old and annoying at this point, we get it already. It is fine to have an opinion, it is not fine to smear that opinion in everyone's faces at every god given opportunity, especially when it's pretty antagonistic.

Monochrome (other than all-white aways) only works for a limited number of teams, IMO. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

23 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

"I don't want to hear your opinion please stop" isn't a viable argument on a public message board. He's allowed to say monochrome uniforms suck if he wants to.

3 hours ago, pianoknight said:

THANK. 

GOD. 

I was starting to experience what can only be described as a gut-wrenching barf in the middle of colon-burning diarrhea. That feeling when bad gives birth to worse. 

I was starting to wish they'd cut the football program again.

IUe6Hvh.png

29 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

"I don't want to hear your opinion please stop" isn't a viable argument on a public message board. He's allowed to say monochrome uniforms suck if he wants to.

Of course he's "allowed to", it's not against the rules. However I'm pretty sure telling him that he's being annoying is also not against the rules. I'd like to have seen this kind of defense when nuordr was doing his antics though, I very much remember many users telling him to shut up about his opinions that he repeated ad nauseam.

25 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Of course he's "allowed to", it's not against the rules. However I'm pretty sure telling him that he's being annoying is also not against the rules.

No, it's not, but of the two? Your the one freaking out because someone offered an opinion you didn't like.

25 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

I'd like to have seen this kind of defense when nuordr was doing his antics though, I very much remember many users telling him to shut up about his opinions that he repeated ad nauseam.

Well it must be a conspiracy then :rolleyes::upside:

Look. If someone says something you disagree with? You can either ignore it or try to argue the point. Going "I don't like your opinion, please stop sharing it" is weaksauce around these parts.

And how is he merely sharing his opinion "antagonistic"? I don't like monochrome uniforms but you don't see me calling your arguments in their favour "antagonistic." If simply encountering an opinion different from your own is enough for you to say you've been "antagonized"? Then you're in for a rude awakening when you get to the real world.

I mean I've yet to see oldschoolvikings, or anyone who agrees with him tell you to stop expressing your opinion. So I'm not sure where this double standard you claim exists is coming from.

39 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Well it must be a conspiracy then :rolleyes::upside:

Look. If someone says something you disagree with? You can either ignore it or try to argue the point.

I did argue it, here

4 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

My original comment was simply that he was using the term Bush League in an egregious manner, it had nothing to do with his distaste for monochrome uniforms other than maybe as background for his lack of argument. It only became about that when his entire reply was simply restating "it's bush league", which I admittedly didn't like and retorted in a rude manner, to which I frankly apologize for. However the reason my annoyed retort was even a thing is because every single damn time I've ever seen someone say they like a or any monochrome uniform, OSK tells them they're wrong and that they suck. Every single damn time seemingly without failure. There is nothing wrong with him saying that opinion in itself, but after literally years of being a broken record based on de-legitimizing others tastes (which is why I considered it antagonistic), I (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) will eventually grow tired and annoyed at that lack of respect for others opinions, which may result in my own lack of respect for theirs.

When someone says "hey I think Michigan State should wear all green at home", and their reply is "that's stupid it's Bush League", pardon me if I give a rude attack with another rude response, especially further so when the next response is equally as dismissive. If you're going give me crap for being rude to OSK, that's fine, but give a little bit of crap to OSK for :censored:ting on others opinions for a good while now.

back to football uniforms, 

598ab47d2c8b6_Screenshot(72).png.e6a1f698e92bb03a0e444aa652f6e73b.png

These helmets stood out to me in this video posted recently by Arkansas Football. I haven't seen anything about Arkansas changing their look, but that stripe is rather conspicuous. I thought it might just be a practice thing, but would they really go through the work of applying full stripes to every players helmet and risk gunking them up, peeling off paint, etc. just to remove the stripe a few weeks later? That doesn't make all that much sense to me, which makes me think this might be an actual uniform addition. Can somebody more informed than me shed any light?

Archived