College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

back to football uniforms, 

598ab47d2c8b6_Screenshot(72).png.e6a1f698e92bb03a0e444aa652f6e73b.png

These helmets stood out to me in this video posted recently by Arkansas Football. I haven't seen anything about Arkansas changing their look, but that stripe is rather conspicuous. I thought it might just be a practice thing, but would they really go through the work of applying full stripes to every players helmet and risk gunking them up, peeling off paint, etc. just to remove the stripe a few weeks later? That doesn't make all that much sense to me, which makes me think this might be an actual uniform addition. Can somebody more informed than me shed any light?

It's not unheard of to do something like that for practice/fall camp.  Peeling off paint really isn't a big issue.  Taking stripes off helmets isn't a big issue at a school like Arkansas.  And I doubt every player has the stripe.  Usually it's used for a group of players for film study (e.g. QB helmets sometimes have it to analyze where he's looking)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

It's not unheard of to do something like that for practice/fall camp.  Peeling off paint really isn't a big issue.  Taking stripes off helmets isn't a big issue at a school like Arkansas.  And I doubt every player has the stripe.  Usually it's used for a group of players for film study (e.g. QB helmets sometimes have it to analyze where he's looking)

A lot of teams have them for defensive backs and linebackers too for the same reason. Boise State is one of those:

IMG_6426.thumb.JPG.f1314185ee1a5e2a79812f45a770e973.JPG

spacer.png

Quick note back on the UAB helmets: Marty Smith posted an update online today. Said there was "confusion" about the helmets, and straight from the coach's mouth, the green helmet "is always an option." Said the white and gold helmets already revealed will have multiple facemask colors.

If the green helmet turns out to be an on-field design, I expect it to look completely different than it already does. UAB has never used two shades of green like that. They used to have a yellower gold, but have gone the typical route of a dark, bland gold. That could be an option, but personally, I expect they'll stick to 2 shells this year.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This reminds me of when Arkansas State added a helmet stripe back in 2014. It actually started as a practice-only thing, and then just became a part of the regular set. So much so that even the two times they foolishly went with black logos on black helmets, they still put a single black stripe on. A pointless, but interesting bit of dedication to having a stripe on the helmets. 

Something interesting from Oregon's practice today; Royce Freeman's jersey had a different number font from what the rest of their practice jerseys have:

IMG_6800.thumb.JPG.8d202e280f6029928a0f555c1c9013da.JPG

For comparison, here's a couple of pics of him from last week, with the regular font:

IMG_6801.thumb.JPG.b41a1f0e088d4e166f8af9e1413944b1.JPGIMG_6802.thumb.JPG.645ce8029878978b3a5765a99277b1f3.JPG

I don't think it'll end up meaning anything, but still interesting nonetheless.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

37 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Something interesting from Oregon's practice today; Royce Freeman's jersey had a different number font from what the rest of their practice jerseys have:

IMG_6800.thumb.JPG.8d202e280f6029928a0f555c1c9013da.JPG

For comparison, here's a couple of pics of him from last week, with the regular font:

I don't think it'll end up meaning anything, but still interesting nonetheless.

Call me crazy but that looks like it would pair with the "Do Something" font we've seen Oregon start to use

Found another player with jersey numbers similar to Freeman's.  So far, those are the only two I can find with it.  Considering the new practice jerseys and font were mentioned in the latest practice report, I'd say this will likely be the new font going forward.  Really wish they'd go back to the font from the Speed Machine and Mach Speed Mariota-era jerseys.Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, football and outdoor

6 hours ago, noleseveryday said:

I have returned from my suspension like Jameis WInston and now I'm ready to take over the board 

Jesus Christ, kid. Stop while you're only 100 feet underground.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

Found another player with jersey numbers similar to Freeman's.  So far, those are the only two I can find with it.  Considering the new practice jerseys and font were mentioned in the latest practice report, I'd say this will likely be the new font going forward.  Really wish they'd go back to the font from the Speed Machine and Mach Speed Mariota-era jerseys.Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, football and outdoor

I wouldn't be surprised if they're testing out this new font to see how people respond to it. The current font that debuted at the 2015 Alamo Bowl hasn't been received super well, so I'd think they'd wanna try to come up with a new font that has a more positive reception. I could see something like this new font being used in seasons to come, but I'm still expecting them to revert back to the 2012-2015 font for this season's uniforms, just based off of this year's Spring Game uniforms, the helmet numbers on the new white helmets that they've been wearing during fall camp, and the new apple green shirsey that's on the Duck Store website.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Please no, not when I have this much hope.

I have an idea - ignore the kid looking for attention. Not sure why some try to nag him on. He'll get bored if you let him comment away (as long as it doesn't get overboard like previously)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived