2016 NFL Playoffs

JWhiz96

Those stats are only relevant when it's mostly the same team.  The first two SBs are completely irrelevant.  Of the next 6, only Brady and Belicek are constant from the first 3 or 4 - the last two SB teams are 99% different from the first 4 (though that 1% is the biggest 1% in the history of mathematics.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At some point during the pre-game show today:

"During an animated segment, Rams DC Wade Phillips will take viewers on a journey of Houston football history."

I can't even be mad. That's just amazingly unnecessary and overdone. Football. 'Murica.

11 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

At some point during the pre-game show today:

"During an animated segment, Rams DC Wade Phillips will take viewers on a journey of Houston football history."

I can't even be mad. That's just amazingly unnecessary and overdone. Football. 'Murica.

EXPLOSIONS AND FOOTBALL

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I'm not big on stats like that (they seem like just coincidences to me) but maybe it implies that the MVP gets that honor because his team isn't that great but he's good enough to get them to more wins than they should, which implies that they're the inferior team going into the SB hence why they lose.

If a team is loaded, the QB may not shine as much (even if he's great) and therefore not be the MVP, but the team wins the SB.

That being said, I can't believe Tom Brady wasn't MVP during any of his 4 SB winning seasons.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm not big on stats like that (they seem like just coincidences to me) but maybe it implies that the MVP gets that honor because his team isn't that great but he's good enough to get them to more wins than they should, which implies that they're the inferior team going into the SB hence why they lose.

If a team is loaded, the QB may not shine as much (even if he's great) and therefore not be the MVP, but the team wins the SB.

That being said, I can't believe Tom Brady wasn't MVP during any of his 4 SB winning seasons.

Matt Ryan winning the Offensive Player of the year and the MVP last night was a bad omen. Look what it did to Cam last season! The same was said for Peyton and the Broncos when they played Seattle in 2014. I can't stand the Patriots but they are going to win. 

4 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

'Murica! 'Murica and football!

Yeah, but Johnny Cash. And America. Definitely gonna watch that one again on YouTube later.

It's the damned Fourth of July 2: Electric Boogaloo. I hope you're strapped in.

Historical logos would have really been the icing on the cake of this HBCU ceremony. It's distracting to see a guy that graduated college in 1967 represented by the toothpaste Dolphins logo. Or the very new-looking Southern University logo for the older guys.

If Brady wins tonight, even haters would probably have to admit he's the greatest quarterback ever. The dude has set the bar high and I doubt any QB comes close to him for quite some time.

On a stylistic note, these graphics Fox is using seems influenced by CBS' 'detached box style.'

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Do they always play America the Beautiful multiple times (maybe the second one was a commercial)?  The cynic in me thinks that they're trying to mention God a few times without being as obvious as to sing GBA.

Also if I was there I would have turned my back on GHWB.  Keep politics out of sports*.

*unless it's someone I support.  Then it's OK.

Archived