johnnysama

Thrift Store Gems 2017

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, sportsed said:
8 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The best Turn Ahead the Clock uniforms were the Yankees'.

Screw them. They were allergic to fun.

 

You know what's great fun?  Looking good.  The Yankees win that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2017 at 6:42 AM, C-Squared said:

Nabbed this cool ECHL CCM jacket... something about it feels league/team issued, not bad for $5!

DSC03929.JPG

 

Just shooting a guess but that looks like it could be an off-ice officials jacket. I worked for an ECHL team a few years back and our off-ice officials were given branded jackets in a similar style jackets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

You know what's great fun?  Looking good.  The Yankees win that one.

One of these days, if I find one of those TATC uniforms, I will get one. :D (I would prefer the Mariners model, of course.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gobbi said:

Speaking of TATC jerseys, for anyone else who owns one, do you actually wear it? If so, what do you wear underneath it? The quasi-sleeves always look so strange the way they jut out and don't rest on my arms. It makes me feel like I'm wearing a Lady Gaga outfit or something from a sci-fi movie. I've tried a long-sleeve and short sleeve tee, as well as a hoodie under neath and nothing looks right.

 

 

IMG_2291.JPG

Kinda looks like Blutarsky from Animal House

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

You know what's great fun?  Looking good.  The Yankees win that one.

 

Aunt-Linda-3D-Movies.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a San Francisco Giants 1990s batting practice jersey recently for only a few dollars. It looks like it's been used in some capacity, but I'm not sure how. It's also got the #5 on the back. IMG_2348.thumb.JPG.326e5732a2c086b4ae1c246d321cb7d0.JPGIMG_2349.thumb.JPG.2ba96aee98041dd07e0758c6bc1a8624.JPG

 

 

I started looking at old rosters to figure out who wore this jersey for the Giants, and, yeah... It's a Darryl Hamilton jersey, so that's super weird. Not too sure how much I wanna wear it anymore. 

1024x1024.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a thrift store find but I scored this off of eBay for a low price. 

 

IMG_2363.thumb.JPG.1d57a3a34440b355a2ec00502533f1bb.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2017 at 8:05 PM, Bucfan56 said:

I found a San Francisco Giants 1990s batting practice jersey recently for only a few dollars. It looks like it's been used in some capacity, but I'm not sure how. It's also got the #5 on the back. IMG_2348.thumb.JPG.326e5732a2c086b4ae1c246d321cb7d0.JPGIMG_2349.thumb.JPG.2ba96aee98041dd07e0758c6bc1a8624.JPG

 

 

I started looking at old rosters to figure out who wore this jersey for the Giants, and, yeah... It's a Darryl Hamilton jersey, so that's super weird. Not too sure how much I wanna wear it anymore.

I had to look up why you'd be hesitant to wear a Darryl Hamilton jersey....and now I know. How'd I miss that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Steve McNair jersey I stopped wearing after what happened there, too. It just seems kinda disrespectful, I guess? Bad juju, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$17 for the jersey.  at one point was actively searching for this one at a half decent price. P1040304_zpsxjjw3pqb.jpg

$1 for the hat (voted worst minor league hockey logo by The Hockey News 2 years running)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2017 at 9:29 PM, greyraven8 said:

$17 for the jersey.  at one point was actively searching for this one at a half decent price. P1040304_zpsxjjw3pqb.jpg

$1 for the hat (voted worst minor league hockey logo by The Hockey News 2 years running)

 

I know nobody likes Canada in black, but that jersey is gorgeous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I have that same Canada hockey jersey. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

 

I know nobody likes Canada in black, but that jersey is gorgeous.

It'd be a lot more gorgeous if the stripes weren't flipped on the body

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Western Michigan Whitecaps 3930 for $6 in near mint condition. The local minor baseball association (Little League) is the Whitecaps, and it was on the rack right next to one of their caps. I'm thinking that a coach or parent needed a cap and they didn't have one of the team-issued ones, so they went online and got one. This one is an official MiLB one with the Tigers' D on the back, and is the most comfortable hat I've ever worn. 

hwl.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, I totally forgot about this, but about 2 months ago I was walking around in a strip mall waiting for my haircut appointment.  I walked over to a place that had a pretty cool sports store in it.  I spotted a sewn-on, authentic looking purple Shannon Sharpe jersey from the 2000s.  I asked the guy behind the counter how much he wanted for it, he said it wasn't his but that another guy was actually selling it.  I asked the seller how much he wanted for it, and he said $75.  It's not exactly "Thrift Store," but I consider it a good deal for that jersey.  Pics to come once I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a jersey, but I got the Super Bowl XXVII game program for a buck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A trip to my local Plato's Closet yielded these 2 gems: 

 

The Winged Angels I'll definitely keep as it's from my favorite Angels uniform set.  

The Brewers will probably go to the Bay of E. 

20170526_223333.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garage sale find

1988 MVP Michael Jordan shirt 

20170602_073247.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though I'm not a Braves fan,  my trip to Plato's Last Friday left me with a feeling of regret for not grabbing up this beaut. Today I went back in hopes it'd still be there. I'm a lucky dude. 

 

This is the most comfortable hat ever.  It's a 47

20170602_140215.jpg

20170602_140233-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andycumbee19 said:

Even though I'm not a Braves fan,  my trip to Plato's Last Friday left me with a feeling of regret for not grabbing up this beaut. Today I went back in hopes it'd still be there. I'm a lucky dude. 

 

This is the most comfortable hat ever.  It's a 47

 

 

'47s are pretty nice if you can find a decently-made one in person.  I've gone away from '47 because most of the Franchise hats looks like they were sewn together in the dark.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now