johnnysama

Thrift Store Gems 2017

157 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, sportsed said:
8 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The best Turn Ahead the Clock uniforms were the Yankees'.

Screw them. They were allergic to fun.

You know what's great fun?  Looking good.  The Yankees win that one.

1 person likes this

On 4/23/2017 at 6:42 AM, C-Squared said:

Nabbed this cool ECHL CCM jacket... something about it feels league/team issued, not bad for $5!

DSC03929.JPG

Just shooting a guess but that looks like it could be an off-ice officials jacket. I worked for an ECHL team a few years back and our off-ice officials were given branded jackets in a similar style jackets.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

One of these days, if I find one of those TATC uniforms, I will get one. :D (I would prefer the Mariners model, of course.)

6 hours ago, Gobbi said:

Speaking of TATC jerseys, for anyone else who owns one, do you actually wear it? If so, what do you wear underneath it? The quasi-sleeves always look so strange the way they jut out and don't rest on my arms. It makes me feel like I'm wearing a Lady Gaga outfit or something from a sci-fi movie. I've tried a long-sleeve and short sleeve tee, as well as a hoodie under neath and nothing looks right.

IMG_2291.JPG

Kinda looks like Blutarsky from Animal House

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Aunt-Linda-3D-Movies.gif

7 people like this

I found a San Francisco Giants 1990s batting practice jersey recently for only a few dollars. It looks like it's been used in some capacity, but I'm not sure how. It's also got the #5 on the back. IMG_2348.thumb.JPG.326e5732a2c086b4ae1c246d321cb7d0.JPGIMG_2349.thumb.JPG.2ba96aee98041dd07e0758c6bc1a8624.JPG

I started looking at old rosters to figure out who wore this jersey for the Giants, and, yeah... It's a Darryl Hamilton jersey, so that's super weird. Not too sure how much I wanna wear it anymore. 

1024x1024.jpg

Not a thrift store find but I scored this off of eBay for a low price. 

IMG_2363.thumb.JPG.1d57a3a34440b355a2ec00502533f1bb.JPG

On 5/6/2017 at 8:05 PM, Bucfan56 said:

I found a San Francisco Giants 1990s batting practice jersey recently for only a few dollars. It looks like it's been used in some capacity, but I'm not sure how. It's also got the #5 on the back. IMG_2348.thumb.JPG.326e5732a2c086b4ae1c246d321cb7d0.JPGIMG_2349.thumb.JPG.2ba96aee98041dd07e0758c6bc1a8624.JPG

I started looking at old rosters to figure out who wore this jersey for the Giants, and, yeah... It's a Darryl Hamilton jersey, so that's super weird. Not too sure how much I wanna wear it anymore.

I had to look up why you'd be hesitant to wear a Darryl Hamilton jersey....and now I know. How'd I miss that?

I have a Steve McNair jersey I stopped wearing after what happened there, too. It just seems kinda disrespectful, I guess? Bad juju, too. 

$17 for the jersey.  at one point was actively searching for this one at a half decent price. P1040304_zpsxjjw3pqb.jpg

$1 for the hat (voted worst minor league hockey logo by The Hockey News 2 years running)

1 person likes this

On 5/19/2017 at 9:29 PM, greyraven8 said:

$17 for the jersey.  at one point was actively searching for this one at a half decent price. P1040304_zpsxjjw3pqb.jpg

$1 for the hat (voted worst minor league hockey logo by The Hockey News 2 years running)

I know nobody likes Canada in black, but that jersey is gorgeous.

2 people like this

Hey, I have that same Canada hockey jersey. :D

5 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I know nobody likes Canada in black, but that jersey is gorgeous.

It'd be a lot more gorgeous if the stripes weren't flipped on the body

Western Michigan Whitecaps 3930 for $6 in near mint condition. The local minor baseball association (Little League) is the Whitecaps, and it was on the rack right next to one of their caps. I'm thinking that a coach or parent needed a cap and they didn't have one of the team-issued ones, so they went online and got one. This one is an official MiLB one with the Tigers' D on the back, and is the most comfortable hat I've ever worn. 

hwl.jpg

Right, I totally forgot about this, but about 2 months ago I was walking around in a strip mall waiting for my haircut appointment.  I walked over to a place that had a pretty cool sports store in it.  I spotted a sewn-on, authentic looking purple Shannon Sharpe jersey from the 2000s.  I asked the guy behind the counter how much he wanted for it, he said it wasn't his but that another guy was actually selling it.  I asked the seller how much he wanted for it, and he said $75.  It's not exactly "Thrift Store," but I consider it a good deal for that jersey.  Pics to come once I get home.

Not a jersey, but I got the Super Bowl XXVII game program for a buck.

A trip to my local Plato's Closet yielded these 2 gems: 

The Winged Angels I'll definitely keep as it's from my favorite Angels uniform set.  

The Brewers will probably go to the Bay of E. 

20170526_223333.jpg

1 person likes this