Wallabies Logo 2.0

AusGiant

6 minutes ago, AusGiant said:

Hey Guys, I decided to take another route redesigning the Wallabies Logo. I took some inspiration from the kangaroo on the team's coat of arms. But it still feels as if something is missing. The yellow background is what it'd look like on a guernsey.

Whi.png 

Yel.png

Much better than your first go at it. I feel like you fixed everything that needed fixing. No complaints here.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

AusGiant I think is a good look overall.  I can't help but see suburu when I look at those stars. I know you are trying to make sure it works scaled down but in my opinion the four pointed stars don't work that well. In saying that the wallaby looks great. Mean and menacing which I imagine is hard to do for a Wallaby. The ball looks in good proportion, however the ears are giving me a little grief for some reason. I'm not sure if they work with one forward and one back.

Thanks for continueing the Aussie vibes here.

30 minutes ago, storietime said:

AusGiant I think is a good look overall.  I can't help but see suburu when I look at those stars. I know you are trying to make sure it works scaled down but in my opinion the four pointed stars don't work that well. In saying that the wallaby looks great. Mean and menacing which I imagine is hard to do for a Wallaby. The ball looks in good proportion, however the ears are giving me a little grief for some reason. I'm not sure if they work with one forward and one back.

Thanks for continueing the Aussie vibes here.

Yep, and now Subaru can't be unseen. Will change that, perhaps to an original southern cross with oversized stars.

I tried with just the one ear but it looked too streamlined, whereas I wanted to keep the ruggedness of the coat of arms. It's also as if as though the head is slightly turned to its right, bringing the back ear forward.

I think the stars work much better now, however maybe too detailed and fine in comparison to the wallaby. Damned if you damned if you don't I guess.

I see the coast of arms reference and what you're trying to do with the angles. I'm wondering if there is a way to bring them closer together so they don't look like a dingos ears which is what I'm getting a bit of now.

Flip his tail so it is pointing the opposite direction (parallel to the foot) then increase body size by 25% percent. This will make the logo pop over top the word mark. Turn the Rugby ball horizontally in his paw so it looks tucked in between it and his body. Finally, decrease the star cluster size by 75% (ish) and move it to the negative space between the ear and the shoulder.

Archived