2017 NFL Offseason: Firin', hirin', signin', draftin'!

CS85

7 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

This mobile site is the worst. Can't even remove previously-quoted stuff half the time. 

Anyway, Eagles sign both Alshon (so?)Jeffrey and Tory Smith to essentially 1-year contracts each. 

Also - so Cleveland basically just bought a draft pick? Is that how that works?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Texans gotta get Romo now, right?

38 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

That or they're playing their cards really close to their vest. (They could decide to put their faith in Tom Savage.)

There's now a trade market for Romo now between DEN & HOU. That's why he hasn't been released yet.

6 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Also - so Cleveland basically just bought a draft pick? Is that how that works?

The Browns have 22 picks in the next two drafts including eight in first two rounds.

Reports are that they want to trade Osweiler for a 2018 third round pick.

So basically what I've seen and heard, the Browns have done/will be doing the following:

Trade for Brock Osweiler

Release or Trade Osweiler while also releasing RG3

GET ALL THE DRAFT PICKS

Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo

Annnndddd the Redskins have reportedly fired GM Scot McCloughan. The :censored: storm that is the Washington Redskins continues.

So Osweiler goes from penthouse to Texas to outhouse within the span of 12 month. While the Broncos may still have uncertainty at quarterback, John knew EXACTLY what he was doing by letting the door hit Brock on the ass.

This trade also confirms nothing has changed in Cleveland. Wow, they moved up in the draft. To do what, shovel to a dozen picks to the Pats for Garoppolo? This year's Assweiler? --- What a fxcking mess.

6uXNWAo.png

57 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

To be fair, it's a $37 million outhouse.

Likely would've been a $32M guaranteed penthouse in Denver.

Couldn't handle following in John and Peyton's shadow. Will be comfortable in Cleveland or the CFL, where there is zero pressure to win.

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Lost in the shuffle is that Alshon Jeffery is now an Eagle, and we're about to get one hell of a video from our man EDP:

I can't tell if that means he likes the move or hates it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Never mind - he likes it.

Archived