2017 NFL Offseason: Firin', hirin', signin', draftin'!

CS85

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Jimmy Garoppolo runs his own IG account.  It's clearly some publicist who takes pictures of him circulated by the press and they get JG quotes or something tacked on there as the caption.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

EatDatPastrami sounds like it would be someone doing EatDatPussy crossed with Jackie Mason.

Id pay a subscription fee to hear a radio show hosted by both EDPs - Pvssy and Pastrami. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The 2017 Starting QB Game

Team: Week 1 Starter

49ers: Hoyer

Bears: Trubisky

Bills: Watson

Broncos: Siemian

Browns: Garoppolo

Cardinals: Cutler

Jets: Petty

Redskins: Cousins

Texans: Romo

6uXNWAo.png

24 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I think Glennon's going to have the job Week 1 for Chicago. I don't think Chicago's going to draft Trubisky though.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Glennon's deal is $19M guaranteed with $16 of that coming in year one.  It's a year-to-year contract.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

When the best QB in the NFL is 40 years old you know the league is dog doo. 

So if you were an owner, would you hire Scott McCloughan immediately as a draft consultant or more?

Clearly, the guy's has problems with alcohol (and continues to drink), but the man unquestionably has an eye for talent. He built Superbowl contenders in SF and again in Seattle. Even Washington, somehow the team was on an upswing.

2 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Clearly, the guy's has problems with alcohol (and continues to drink)

Stop right there....allegedly.  I wouldn't put it by Dan Snyder and his band of minions to plant that story to get out of having to pay him the remainder of his contract. Snyder has proven to stoop to those sort of depths in the past. Lest we forget, they banished McCloughan for a few weeks hoping he'd up and quit to dodge paying him. 

And for the record, I'm a Skins fan and saying that.

9 minutes ago, LuvTheNats said:

Stop right there....allegedly.  I wouldn't put it by Dan Snyder and his band of minions to plant that story to get out of having to pay him the remainder of his contract. Snyder has proven to stoop to those sort of depths in the past. Lest we forget, they banished McCloughan for a few weeks hoping he'd up and quit to dodge paying him. 

And for the record, I'm a Skins fan and saying that.

I will not.

When he was hired by WAS, he was fresh off a long form ESPN story in which he still said he drank with the reporter!

4 hours ago, CS85 said:

Glennon's deal is $19M guaranteed with $16 of that coming in year one.  It's a year-to-year contract.

So what do you think about Cutler being gone?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

So what do you think about Cutler being gone?

Wrote about it here:  LINK SPAMMING YOU TO MY CRAPPY BEARS BLOG

But TL;DR:  I'm glad it's over, but it makes me feel pretty empty overall since in 8 years, all that happened was the Bears proved they don't know how to handle an elite quarterback and Cutler never had it in him to be an elite quarterback.  It's more the Bears fault than Cutler's, but in the end both sides are left with nothing.  

twitter

More than anything, it seems silly how much sturm und drang there was over a .500 quarterback, but I'm not buying that Cutler was horribly mistreated by Chicago fans. He was one underachiever of many and it comes with the position. 

He never should have gotten the extension. That was the time to break ties, but management thought they could make it work and set the franchise back years and years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

24 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

That doesn't mean he was showing up to games and in the locker room loaded as has been conveniently thrown out there in the last 18 hours.

By no means am I intending to be combative. I just think this is another Snyder ploy. I'm not buying the Redskins' version of the story.

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

More than anything, it seems silly how much sturm und drang there was over a .500 quarterback, but I'm not buying that Cutler was horribly mistreated by Chicago fans. He was one underachiever of many and it comes with the position. 

He never should have gotten the extension. That was the time to break ties, but management thought they could make it work and set the franchise back years and years.

At the time I understood, if not outright supported the extension simply because "devil you know/devil you don't"-type arguments convinced me in my own mind that you could make it work.  Obviously it was one of a collage of mis-evaluations with Cutler, but personally I feel like the last straw was hiring John Fox over Adam Gase.  I think with Gase you probably could've transformed the culture and made Cutler work for another couple years (or until his body failed, whichever would come first) and had a guy who age-wise and philosophically matched Pace better.  Instead they have this old thorn bush coaching seemingly in spite of his GM at times.  

Hell, whatever.  I don't know anymore.  I'm just here to observe and report.

twitter

2 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

He kind of has to say that, because:

1.  He just gave Glennon starting money and essentially promised him he'd get to be the opening day starter

2.  I think he would be open to another QB taking Glennon's job within the first half of the season

3.  He can't say Glennon's not the starter because it would possibly betray intentions for the Bears during the draft

4.  Ryan Pace says words but all of them mean nothing

twitter

Archived