2017 NFL Offseason: Firin', hirin', signin', draftin'!

CS85

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patriots have resigned Dont'a Hightower. Really happy to have him back. I unfortunately don't see Malcolm Butler coming back, which is unfortunate, because most of their championship teams have been based around strong secondaries and I don't know if I trust Stephen Gilmore yet.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

16 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

LOL, because Tony Romo played in one series against Philadelphia last season, he earned a $64.11 bonus. Not even kidding. This is hilarious. 

This reminds me, what part of a players salary is paid out during preseason?

1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

Cowboys lose two CB as Brandon Carr to BAL and Morris Claiborne to NYJ.

Ngl, I'm pretty stoked about the Carr signing.  Schefter saying it's 2 yrs/$12m with an option for 4 yrs/$24m.  Not cheap but not exorbitant either for a reliable, veteran cornerback.

The Wizard of Oz has done it again.

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Ngl, I'm pretty stoked about the Carr signing.  Schefter saying it's 2 yrs/$12m with an option for 4 yrs/$24m.  Not cheap but not exorbitant either for a reliable, veteran cornerback.

The Wizard of Oz has done it again.

Maybe Carr can play worth his contract. Because he was probably my Dad's hated player in the secondary. Says Dallas overpaid for him when they signed him in FA in 2012.

I'm a bit disappointed by Claiborne leaving. A bust in name only; he just couldn't stay healthy. He showed glimpses of potential; but that potential was just lost; adrift in a sea of injuries.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

3 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Cowboys lose two CB as Brandon Carr to BAL and Morris Claiborne to NYJ.

Sucks to lose them both. Carr was a solid #2 and Claiborne was excellent when healthy, but he was never healthy. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

45 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Maybe Carr can play worth his contract. Because he was probably my Dad's hated player in the secondary. Says Dallas overpaid for him when they signed him in FA in 2012.

I'm a bit disappointed by Claiborne leaving. A bust in name only; he just couldn't stay healthy. He showed glimpses of potential; but that potential was just lost; adrift in a sea of injuries.

30 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Sucks to lose them both. Carr was a solid #2 and Claiborne was excellent when healthy, but he was never healthy. 

Yeah, i figured he wasn't going to set the world alight.  But hey, we really only needed a #2 as Jimmy Smith, when healthy, is pretty darn good.  We were rolling with Tavon Young as our #2 corner last year (side note, good player, underrated rookie imo, but too much too soon).

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Yeah, i figured he wasn't going to set the world alight.  But hey, we really only needed a #2 as Jimmy Smith, when healthy, is pretty darn good.  We were rolling with Tavon Young as our #2 corner last year (side note, good player, underrated rookie imo, but too much too soon).

It's good from the contract side of things. Carr was a workhorse; so he can stay healthy. It's just his coverage skills are subpar at best.

But, he's on the cheap; and there's nothing wrong with that. It makes you look smart when you get great play from a player who was signed for on the cheap.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

2 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

He's a bust since they moved up to get him and gave the Rams their 2nd rounder (which they moved to CHI and turned out to be Alshon Jeffrey). Could've stayed at 14 and drafted Dre Kirkpatrick.

That was six picks after Jenoris Jenkins, who had red flags going in, went to the Rams with Mychal Kendricks  and Bobby Wagner picked at 46 & 47.

6 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I'm actually slightly confused....

Is Murray going to wear 28 for the Vikings out of respect of Peterson? He sent out a message saying why he wore 28 (Fred Taylor mainly, but also Peterson).

I think it's moreso the former; a sign of respect from Murray to Peterson.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I'm not sure how taking a guy's number who was essentially just cut is a sign of respect - seems more like rubbing it in that he's been replaced.  Especially if the team has any intentions of retiring it or withholding it for a period of time, the number should remain out of circulation.

Like many, I don't think Adrian Peterson deserves to be shown any respect by anybody, and it's silly for someone to even say that they want his number for that reason, but my point remains the same either way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived