2017 NFL Offseason: Firin', hirin', signin', draftin'!

CS85

Tom Brady's SB jerseys have been recovered. That's right, they also found his jersey stolen from SB49.  Both were stolen by the same person and were being pawned outside of the US.

edit:  Apparently was someone posing as member of international press.

edit 2:  Is allegedly a certified member of international press.  Footage of the culprit:

C7YRODGU0AEFud9.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spike Lee on posted a picture of himself and Colin Kaepernick on Instagram. He wrote...

Just Had Brunch With My Brother Colin @Kaepernick7 . How Is It That There Are 32 NFL Teams And Kap Is Still A Free Agent? WTF. Smells MAD Fishy To Me,Stinks To The High Heavens. The New York J-E-T-S Need A Quarterback. Who Is The J-E-T-S Quarterback? Is My Man Joe Willie Namath Coming Back? Crazy Times We Live In. The Question Remains What Owner And GM Is Going To Step Up And Sign Colin So Their Team Has A Better Chance To WIN? What Crime Has Colin Committed? Look At The QB's Of All 32 Teams. This Is Some Straight Up Shenanigans,Subterfuge, Skullduggery And BS. Ya-Dig? Sho-Nuff. By Any Means Necessary. And Dat's Da NoFunLeague Truth,Ruth

Or. You know. Kaepernick is just not good

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I've been arguing on this forum that Kaepernick isn't any good as far back as the days when he actually played pretty well for a few seasons but I think the thing about nobody wanting him because he's not any good went out the window when the Bears guaranteed Glennon $19 million.  He was actually pretty good last year despite the dumpster fire around him.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 minute ago, See Red said:

I've been arguing on this forum that Kaepernick isn't any good as far back as the days when he actually played pretty well for a few seasons but I think the thing about nobody wanting him because he's not any good went out the window when the Bears guaranteed Glennon $19 million.  He was actually pretty good last year despite the dumpster fire around him.

Regarding Glennon & the Bears:

1. The Glennon deal probably will turn out looking really silly based simply on his likely-mediocre performance in 2017, however....
  2. ...the Bears have a ton of cap to work with and have doled out many a front-loaded contract.  Glennon's deal is essentially for 1 season.  Not to mention...
  3. ...Pace didn't want to muck about out-bidding some other desperate team, and promised Glennon a starting job & lots of money straight out the gate.  This is, in a way, smart because a bidding war over Glennon could've made his contract guaranteed across several years, which would obviously be stupid, OR he would've gone to another team, leaving the Bears in a position to hope Hoyer would come back (he likely would've gone to SF anyway) and/or forcing them to draft a QB at 3, which is an absolute waste considering the draft is bloated with quality defensive rookies.  Not to mention...
  4. ..they always planned on releasing Cutler (he was released with a failed physical, also, so even coming back likely wouldn't have been healthy), and now with Glennon's long-necked bald, derp-assed mug in a Bears uniform, they can...
  5. ...draft the BPA at 3 (if they don't trade down) and not get destroyed by a glaring absence at the QB position (until Glennon gets hurt and they're forced to play Connor Shaw).  

Regarding Kaepernick:

1. His political stance killed his career.  Like it or not, Kaep doing the kneeling thing is looked at by many-a-GM as politically sabotaging a franchise's image.  No team wants to have a guy on their roster, much less a starting QB/face of the franchise, call cops pigs and stir up the hornet's nest about race & prejudice - even if he's 100% right.  Most of these teams are run and managed by the super-wealthy who want nothing to do with these kind of sentiments.
  2. He played like total ass and is regarded as one of the least-accurate passers in football.  I don't know if he tanked because of Kelly or something, but he was getting routinely outplayed by Blaine freakin' Gabbert.  
  3. He's got a new agent, and chances are excellent they want Kaep to sign a deal that is totally unacceptable, using Glennon's contract as a starting point.  This is not how this works, my friend.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It'll be funny when Kaep joins the Seahawks as a third string backup.

Otherwise he seems like a prototypical Raider or Raven. Why isn't he on those teams yet?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

It'll be funny when Kaep joins the Seahawks as a third string backup.

Otherwise he seems like a prototypical Raider or Raven. Why isn't he on those teams yet?

Raiders just signed EJ Manuel and have Connor Cook, so not gonna end up there.

Ravens likely want no part of this after the Ray Rice situation.

twitter

Kaepernick is the perfect candidate for Jerreh and the Cowboys. 

- Past-their-prime "name" player

- Has questionable/shady past

- Can create media hype

- Has ability to become a reality tv star

- Tickets sold to see if he stands or keels

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Brass said:

Spike Lee on posted a picture of himself and Colin Kaepernick on Instagram. He wrote...

Or. You know. Kaepernick is just not good

I can't take Spike Lee seriously until he can properly say a sentence in English.

EDIT: It didn't add the quote; oh well.

Kaepernick didn't completely suck last year, but he was in a simple scheme to master and typically went cold in the 2nd half last year. There was that game vs the Jets in December when he and the offense came out guns ablazing, then literally did nothing against the pathetic Jet D. Seemed way too obvious that they were tanking. I don't think it's gonna happen, but wouldn't surprise me if he comes back to SF as a backup. I don't think the team is all that enamored with the QBs in the draft.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Kaepernick is the perfect candidate for Jerreh and the Cowboys. 

- Past-their-prime "name" player

- Has questionable/shady past

- Can create media hype

- Has ability to become a reality tv star

- Tickets sold to see if he stands or keels

Wait, hold up. How in the world does Kaep have a questionable/shady past? He's never been in trouble with the law, never been in trouble with the NFL for performance enhancing drugs nor for drugs of any kind for that matter. Is it just because he voiced some opinions about the country that ended up costing Kaep his job?

That is a ridiculous assertion. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

And for the record, Kaepernick actually is a decent QB.

- 40th all-time in completion % (ahead of Hall of Famers such as Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Warren Moon, Roger Staubach and John Elway)

- 2nd all-time in interception % (meaning how picks you throw versus how many passes you throw), behind only Aaron Rodgers.

- 45th all-time in touchdown % (ahead of Hall of Famers such as Warren Moon, John Elway and Troy Aikman)

- 16th all time in passer rating.

- 32nd all-time in yards/attempt (ahead of Hall of Famers such as Warren Moon, John Elway and Brett Favre. Plus he's ahead of current franchise QB's Andrew Luck and Matthew Stafford).

So I don't buy this notion that he isn't good enough to play QB in the NFL because he's much better than some current starting QB's. He's paying the price for voicing an opinion/displaying an opinion that others do not agree with. Teams simply don't want to deal with press associated with Kaepernick and/or don't agree with his politics. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Sorry, he's not that good. He just isn't. Once the rest of the league got tape on him? His run at the top was over. 

Now that being said. There are plenty of subpar NFL quarterbacks that have jobs. Kaepernick doesn't because of his politics. If you're going to take a controversial political stand in the NFL? You damn well better be good, and Kaep just isn't.

He would make a perfectly serviceable backup or third stringer, but no team is going to put up with the scrutiny that comes with him for him to sit on the bench all year. 

I still find it hard to believe there are almost 100 quarterbacks objectively better than he is. Of course he'll be the dreaded DISTRACTION, but he has to be of enough value to get a job somewhere.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Kaepernick had one of the most incredible out of nowhere seasons of all time. Probably the most exciting since Brady at the QB position. He wasn't supposed to be good, but for a year it looked like he was going to redefine the position.

I don't know if it was 49ers organizational incompetence (likely) or the word getting out (also likely), but he seemed like he was going to own the NFC for a decade. It's a shame it didn't work out for him.

He'd be good in Miami too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Michael Vick went to prison for running a dog-killing ring and still managed to get a job. If Vick came back from that, Kaepernick should be able to come back from being a Black Lives Matter spokesman. Not necessarily with, just for the sake of argument, the Carolina Panthers, but with someone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Kaepernick should just stay fit & wait for the inevitable injuries to open up prime back-up spots come mid autumn... when teams have to bump up their own backups to starter & need to fill.

CFL?  I guess he could be alright.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

NFL teams have shown over the years that you can kill someone, rape someone, abuse someone, etc., and still land work if you're good at something.  Don't think his political views will matter if a team is looking for someone that might help them win games.

Kaepernick's biggest problem is that he got figured out.  Part of it was that the 49ers 2016 roster was dreadful (when 51 of your 53 positions are filled by players that are easily replaceable, that's an issue), but part of it was he got exposed for what he is: Bad at throwing the ball and worse at decision-making when running with the ball isn't an option.  To put it in other words: Kaepernick lost his QB job to a guy that the Jaguars deemed unworthy of playing for them, a team that's been desperately looking for an answer at QB since Garrard left.  Being 40th or 32nd in whatever categories are nice and all, but if you can't beat out Blaine Gabbert, who I assume isn't 39th or 31st in those same categories...you've got issues.

By my count, there's five teams that, as of today, have an opening (or big uncertainty) for their starting job: Cleveland, Denver, Houston, NY Jets, and San Francisco.  The Broncos and Texans are going to wait out the Cowboys until Romo is cut.  The 49ers likely aren't going to bring Kaepernick back.  The Jets and Browns likely draft and play their QB this season.  And Kaepernick doesn't seem to be the mentoring type.

I don't care about the politics of the whole thing since teams are tripping over themselves to sign rapists and abusers. If Josh McCown and freaking Mike Glennon can get deals, Kaep can get a contract thrown his way.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived