2017 NFL Offseason: Firin', hirin', signin', draftin'!

CS85

But at least people know he's a hard-ass, gangbangin' baller or some crap.  Enjoy surfing the shores of hell, moron.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Is it bad that despite the postseason of two of my favorite sports currently going on, that I'm over the moon with excitement about the effing 2017 NFL schedule which will be released on Thursday?

I literally don't think I could quit the NFL even if I tried. 

Same way. I have my criticisms with the NFL, but at the end of the day I always end up watching it. Like some sort of jaded girlfriend.

NSFCvyu.png

So I guess it confirms that underneath his tough guy facade, deep down he knew just how badly he screwed up and took matters into his own hands to escape having to serve decades in jail, one way or another.

It's possible that this was his plan all along. It's possible that he didn't tell anyone about this because if an officer found out, he was afraid they'd put him on suicide watch, and he wouldn't have been able to take his life.

All in all, he couldn't handle being in the slammer.

8 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

Seeing that comment has me thinking that the NFL is like a drug: People say they want to quit, but the NFL knows they're addicted to it. So, they keep pumping the drug.

It's like one of the guys said in that "Requiem for the Big East" 30-for-30 documentary....football can cripple you and make you go bankrupt, but the high you get from the game is what keeps you in it.

If you grew up liking football, chances are very high that you still like it.  Even if you didn't attend many games, it's getting together on Sundays (and Saturdays) and making an entire day of things, like cooking out and such.  You get a week's build-up for each game, you talk about football at work, it's all over the radio and TV, etc.

And hell, look how the NFL has structured their calendar.  They've spread out things so that they have this big event each month that will get a lot of talk, taking away from leagues that have actual games taking place.

I paid for NFL Sunday Ticket for the 2015 season, and convinced myself I would not re-up for 2016...and then I did.

Though I'm definitely not going to pay again for 2017. Definitely not. Nope.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

48 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Week 14; can't wait.

Dolphins shouldn't look ahead of all those games beforehand or it won't matter - Falcons, Raiders, Bucs, etc.  They play one another 2 weeks later in Foxborough.  

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

On 3/31/2017 at 11:18 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Comcast just played a prank and announced that the eagles signed adrian Peterson to a 1-year deal. 

I got sick to my stomach and felt very relieved when they said it was just April fools. They definitely got me, but I'm glad I don't need to make the choice of rooting for him vs giving up on the league for good, because he would lose. 

I just checked this thread for the first time in a long time...so sorry that my reply is not timely.

Just curious how you balanced this with Michael Vick.  I know I am a Viking fan but I'm not here to defend nor minimize Peterson.  And if you tell me AP is bad enough to abandon the league and Vick's not, who am I to argue?  To me it's a bit the other way.  I struggled some with AP being on my team and during the brief times where it seemed conceivable that Vick may end up in Minnesota, I honestly was not sure what I was going to do.

Similarly, I am kinda expecting the Vikings to draft Mixon, which will be kinda hard for me. Generally speaking, I feel someone that's been through whatever the justice system has decided for them deserves to get a job in their field, but I definitely don't want some guys on my team.

(Oh well, I'm hanging by a thread with the league anyway. I'm struggling with the fact that Mixon's going to get drafted and Kaepernick's career is over.  The NFL, and specifically its fans, have sent me the message as to which is the worse person.)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived