2017 NFL Offseason: Firin', hirin', signin', draftin'!

CS85

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

You should know something that I've learned about our fanbase: I've come to realize that Cowboys fans are idiots. There are some still complaining about taking Zeke because they don't think he's good enough to warrant the 4th overall last year and think it was "terrible value". 

These same fans also complained about drafting Fredrick in 2013 too, citing it was a reach when we could have had later. And even a year later in 2014, Cowboys fans complained about taking Zack Martin over Johnny Football. Just let that last one linger for a bit.. All 3 of those players have something in common: they are all-pro, pro bowl, elite players. All 3 are among the best, if not the best, at their positions in the NFL. I would think fellow Cowboys should realize this and trust our current FO, giving their tremendous success. 

But I do agree with you in that this was a good pick. I trust the process and I think Taco is going to end up being one helluva football player. Plus Taco is one of the best nicknames ever, and his twitter handle is even better: The Supreme Taco. 

I think people need to take a wait and see approach. We got the picks, let's see what they can do in the NFL before hyping or crapping on the picks. We simply don't know how they will pan out. They may not be the flashiest or sexiest picks that ESPN get chubbers for but they might be what they need. 

Last year the Cowboys took Zeke, when they probably didn't need a RB. They took a lot of heat for it. All he did was turn the season around. When you have a special player like that available, you take him 10 out of 10 times. Then you figure out what your going to do with the rest of the position later. 

Unless your Mel Kiper and you gladly pass up an Emmitt Smith, or a Barry Sanders because you think RBs are useless. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

14 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Congrats to Cincinnati for winning the PR Disaster Draft.

A lot of people dropped their season tickets after last season and their grand plan to win them back is draft that guy. It's almost like they seek out the worst possible thing they can do and then jump in with both feet. 

At a certain point you can't keep sh***** on your fanbase over and over and over and expect to run a successful franchise. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Normally I don't really care about the draft but as a Badger alum and resident Packer: F*** yeah Vince Biegel!

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

45 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The Steelers draft Franken... I mean Joshua Dobbs. Is he going to succeed Big Ben? The Giants drafted Davis Webb as well, so how soon is the end of the QB class of 2004?

NYG drafted Ryan Nassib, a QB who played in a  pro style offense in 2013 and he never saw the field.

OTOH, Webb has been an "air raid/bear raid" QB throughout college. To his benefit, NYG has Eli in 11 formation like 95% of the time.

And oh no, Georgia elementary schools don't teach US geography as the young man said, "Yao Ming" as opposed to "Wyoming".

26 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

NYG drafted Ryan Nassib, a QB who played in a  pro style offense in 2013 and he never saw the field.

OTOH, Webb has been an "air raid/bear raid" QB throughout college. To his benefit, NYG has Eli in 11 formation like 95% of the time.

And oh no, Georgia elementary schools don't teach US geography as the young man said, "Yao Ming" as opposed to "Wyoming".

Dont like the Webb pick. We needed an RB and Donta Foreman was there. RBs are a dime-a-dozen but really liked Foreman. 

NYCdog.png

16 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

Dont like the Webb pick. We needed an RB and Donta Foreman was there. RBs are a dime-a-dozen but really liked Foreman. 

Not much need for a power RB when in 11 formation all the d@mn time with McAdoo's "Cheesecake Factory*" sized menu.

*-Mike Lombardi is 40/60 in his thoughts or predictions, but he nailed that one.

26 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The Steelers draft Franken... I mean Joshua Dobbs. Is he going to succeed Big Ben? The Giants drafted Davis Webb as well, so how soon is the end of the QB class of 2004?

Doubtful.

Something like 9% of his passes that go 10+ yards downfield get intercepted.  Not to mention, he had no real progression from his freshman year to his final season.

35 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Doubtful.

Something like 9% of his passes that go 10+ yards downfield get intercepted.  Not to mention, he had no real progression from his freshman year to his final season.

Dobbs has the "he doesn't concentrate on football" tag. He completed his aerospace/mechanical engineering dual degree, so he now has more time for the playbook.

20 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Once the fourth round ended today, that officially put an end to Deflategate.

Not if you listen to Bill Simmons NFL commentary. Since deflategate his team has won two gut-punch (for the othert team) Super Bowls and he still bitches about it. 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Not if you listen to Bill Simmons NFL commentary. Since deflategate his team has won two gut-punch (for the othert team) Super Bowls and he still bitches about it. 

That's every Boston fan, though.  What is it...10 championships and 13 finals/Super Bowl appearances since 2000?.....and they still bring up their losing days of the 70's and 80's, etc. 

Why was it time to get rid of Mark Richt?  Little-ass West Georgia had more players taken in the 2017 NFL Draft than the University of Georgia did.

Archived